October 23, 2014 | 1793 users online

Treatments (Eye) - MD Formulations - Moisture Defense antioxidant eye cream

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sireenjaber

I suffer from circles and hollows under my eyes (due to 12 kg weight loss). I dont have discoloration or puffiness at all...I tried numerous creams from all drug-store to high end brands...I came across md formulations; and decided to give them a try. I used this "moisture defence antioxidant cream" in the AM; and their vitamin-A cream at night daily for 3 months. I saw no difference at all. This is a nice hydrating cream; does not migrate and does not flake. The pump is hygienic but it does nothing at all in terms of plumping or firming undereye skin. Its rather expensive and you can find much cheaper alternatives that perform the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by zhaya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best under-eye product I have found. It has a bit of the light-reflecting stuff common to other under-eye products, like alpha-hydroxy. It moisturizes nicely without creating an oil slick, and does not dry out as the day goes on. When applied, my lash-liner and mascara do not migrate. I find it best used alone- when I put a bit of foundation or cover-up over it, my wrinkles seem to pop up again. Now I just apply it first, then face moisturizer or primer, and then when applying foundation I avoid the under-eye area. All by itself, this product perks you up and brightens you up, and leaves your skin feeling healthily hydrated.
I noticed in some of the other reviews that folks were unhappy with its performance regarding dark circles. I always have dark circles, and always have had. Not horrendous, but definitely there, and I have tried most of the cover-ups and concealers on the market at some time or other. For me, all of those products made my eyes look worse. Under-eye concealer made me look like raccoon eyes regardless of the color or texture of the product I used. Then when I hit about 50, concealers seemed to accentuate my wrinkles. Not good.
So even though this product will not magically erase circles, it does make me look more rested. smooths out the tiny wrinkles, tightens and tones the area, and hydrates beautifully without getting greasy. Perhaps those who were unhappy with it should try wearing it without any concealer or foundation over it. It does a super job all by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ufh1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used this eye cream for one year, and love it. My HG.
(Earlier eye cream from Decleor and Dermalogica).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by gsbn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good eyecream. It hydrates my eye area well, and comes in a nice pump bottle. The consistency is very nice as well, not too thick or thin, perfect. Is has quite a distinct smell to it, but nothing that bothers me. What does bother me is that the products coagulates at the top of the pump, meaning that every time I use it I get a little piece of dry product mixed with the fresh one. It is not a big deal, but it does annoy me slightly.... I also wish it has SPF, which is why I will switch to Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF 15 for summer. I would buy this again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by csusansl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good eye cream, nice texture, does not cause milia, works well for wrinkle and dark circle. I am buying my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by raveonette

This eye cream is simply fantastic! I've only used it for a little over a week, but I can already see a HUGE difference on the look and texture of the skin around my eyes. My dark circles have also improved greatly, and I look much more fresh and healthy even after just getting out of bed. Before I started using this eye cream, I would have to use 2-3 layers of concealer to (somewhat) cover the discolouration under my eyes, but now a little goes a long way (today I didn't even bother applying concealer). Both concealer and eyeshadow applies very smoothly as well, and I haven't experienced any irritation at all, and I have sensitive eyes.

The only drawback, IMO, is the packaging. It has a pump which is something I usually prefer when buying creams, but this bottle pumps out about twice as much cream as you really need. Considering the price, that's just wasteful. On that subject... This cream is insanely expensive if you buy it in a salon, but I got mine on ebay for a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kristinlia

This is just OK, and I agree it doens't reduce puffiness or dark circles. Maybe I have just been having a bit too many cocktails though but the best eye cream I feel the La mer. It is so soft and smooth and feels great going on. I used to be a devotee of the Dermatalogica eye cream that is slightly tinted and reduces lines but as I have gotten older I need something a bit more strong. Won't buy again and you get so little too in the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by amenakin_skywalker

Since I found Bare Escentuals (the makeup line made by MD Formulations) to act very kindly towards my skin (other than around the eyes, where the powder just dried it out), I thought I'd give the skincare a go.

The salon lady told me this cream would be perfect for me. She said the dark circles would be gone after around 2 weeks and that it would increase hydration by some ridiculously large amount like 200% or something. What a pack of lies! I was suckered... in fact, retrospectively, I feel violated for having fallen for such a gimmick.

This cream did nothing for increasing the hydration around my eyes. In fact, it made the eye area skin rubbery and made my concealer just rub off in little, long pieces. NOT attractive. To top it all off, despite the claims the cream makes, it made absolutely no difference to any dark circles. Exasperated after a few weeks of a terrible concealer relationship with this cream, I passed it on to my sister, hoping that it was just me and not the cream. Alas, she saw no results.

What a waste of 40. I can't believe that for just over half this price, I was able to purchase Teamine and see the most drastic improvement in hydration and dark circles in a matter of days. Just goes to show that shelling out doesn't always equal success. That being said, I bought the La Prairie's Age Management Eye Repair today... just to see what it does for those pesky fine lines...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by svet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm loving this eye cream. It really keeps my eye area hydrated throughout the entire day. I will be buying again. It is expensive but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by BeautifElle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe this has never been reviewed!! This is a really good eye cream! The package says it "hydrates, firms, reduces puffiness" and is for all skin types. It does all that and more, without being overly heavy or causing milia. I'm in my 20's and don't really have lines, but I've noticed even less smile lines since using it. A little goes a long way. It is free of oil and fragrance and is non-comedogenic and pH balanced.