September 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - Lavshuca Eye Color Select quads

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mel87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love love love love love!

A friend helped me get the BR-1,and I have to say, this is my favourite eye shadow now. The pigmentation, I have to say, is not great, or what I would normally like, but just for everyday make up, this is great. Adds definition to the eye without making you look like you put lots and lots of effort into your make up~ =P

Also, another good thing about it, as it is in natural tones, it's very convenient to just bring this and nothing else during vacations, as it goes with almost everything, and you can create different looks with it~

Trying really hard to find PU-2 now~ XD.... except they don't sell it where I live...sighs...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't believe I did not review this earlier. The fabulous MUAer Ghoulina recommended the Lavshuca quad to me and as always, her rec was spot on! I have to admit that eyeshadow does not entice me as foundation, blush, and lipstick does...my Asian eye shape frustrates me and the selection of e/s available overwhelms me. However, I must say that this quad (I have BR-2) is fantastic. Buttery, highly pigmented colors with gorgeous shimmer that last all day over my MAC paints or paint pot. The colors are to die for and I am kicking myself for not getting all the others while I was still living in Tokyo. Like most other Japanese drugstore brands, the quality and packaging is impeccable , especially for such a reasonable price. <3 Japanese makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Yurippe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this some weeks again on my weekly trip to the drug store in Harajuku after work (just cannot resist) and I LOVE the colours! I got the gold/purple one, btw. :)
For day, I usually just wear the two top shades alone and I love the look they create for my hazel eyes. The colours are subtle, but create a nice, shimmery look. If you add the two lower shades, you get a sophisticated look. Definitely a good product for hazel-eyed girls!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have br-2. The deeper brown is a bit dark for me, and the color tone is quite cool. The gold color is very good. I sometimes use it to compliment other colors from other quads. powder is not finely milled, but long lasting.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 6:57:00 AM More reviews by quaffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got PU-2 since I love purples. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I love the packaging (so cute!) and 3/4 of the colours. The thing that gives me pause is the glittery top-right colour. The glitters are huge and obvious and always end up on my face no matter how careful I am.

I don't regret buying it, but I'm not sure if I would get others from the same range. I'll have a closer look at them next time I'm in Japan.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Jeanxi

I have read many rave reviews on this product so I was slightly disappointed when I actually tried it myself. Not that it's not a great product, it was just a bit too shimmery/glittery for my taste. Plus, the glitter in the top right gold shade tends to transfer to the rest of my face when I'm working with it. That said, I still really like the palette I got (PU-2). The powder is very smooth and fairly fine. I think together with the sheerness of the purples in the palette (they show up as purples but just not really vibrant purples that are hard to work with) and the two gold-toned neutral colors, you can create a sophisticated but not boring look.

Also, one thing to really rave about is the staying power of these eyeshadows. Previously, with other shadows that I've used (e.g., mark, L'Oreal HiP, NARS), the shadows nearly always creased on me at the end of the day. However, I had little to no creasing at the end of the day with the shadows in this palette, especially if I use UDPP.

Balancing the pros (pretty colors, good texture and staying power) with the cons (expensive for drugstore product, too glittery) of this shadow palette, I may try some other colors since I can live with the glitteriness as long as I use a light hand and the quality is pretty top-notch compared to its price.

[EDIT]: I think I may have found the solution to the sparkles in the top right shade flying all over my face: apply it wet! Use a dampened eyeshadow brush and stroke against the shadow very gently. Err on the side of getting too little on your brush each time and just layer it on.

[UPDATE]: I purchased BU-1 and PK-1 and I love them! BU-1 takes a bit more work because it's too cool for my complexion, but PK-1 is simply amazing. I think I'm going to get BR-1, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by reverte

I got myself the BR2 quad when I was in HK and now I am kicking myself for not getting more Lavshuca eyeshadows. Like everyone else, my initial reason for getting the quad was because of the packaging. It's awfully pretty for something that is sold at drugstores. (Offnote, I got mine at Watson, a drugstore, in HK.) But the eyeshadows' quality totally blew me away. A quick summary of the colours and textures is as follows:

1) Pale beige - shimmery

2) Taupe - shimmery

3) Dark brown - shimmery with gold glitter

4) Gold - looks gold in the quad but on skin, it's more of a very very translucent yellow with gold glitter.

I use UDPP and paint pot before applying the eyeshadows as I have extremely oily lids. The colours last throughout the day and only fades and creases a little after 8 hours, give and take. I find the colours extremely easy to work with and wonderfully for creating a slightly "dressier" natural look (thanks to the shimmer!). Fair warning though, the gold glitter can be quite obvious at times, depending on your application methods, which may not be suitable for certain workplaces. Otherwise, I love this quad to death and am actually thinking of badgering a friend in Japan to send a backup over. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by aPinkPerson

I don't know how much this cost because I just bought a lot of lavshuca products in japan because I loved them and had no idea what they cost due to the currency switch!
anyway - I love this - it's very light and shimmery, and not much color comes off, just a little. I really like all of the colors and they brighten my eye. I have the blue one, and the packaging is so cute too! A heart-flower shape - love!
I would buy again if it isn't too expensive, or if I could get it from the US.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ln_marie_d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a review for the PU-2 quad which is the only one I have. I do like the colours in the quad but for some reason the two purple shades look muddy and dull on my eyes. I am able to overcome this by using the very pretty beige and taupe shades but it does take a little bit of work to make this look nice on. In the palette all the colours are very pretty and it's a cute little palette to have sitting around.

I also find the two purple shades a little bit difficult to blend and the pigmentation is not great. The beige and taupe though a a completely different story and are lovely colours which are silky soft and have good pigmentation. The taupe is very glittery which can cause a bit of fallout over the course of the day...............please click continued to see pictures of the palette and some swatches

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ahbelle

i find the quality of lavshuca eye colour better than MM e/s. no problems with creasing. glitter do drop around the eye area, so need to be careful. colour combi in this palette is great !!! now one of my fav purplish/blue e/s. pkg is lovely too!!!! do give it a try....available at adambeauty.com.