July 25, 2014 | 1125 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE Gel Eye Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jwmk9195

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

An amazing waterproof gel liner! It stays on for a long time and is great for tightlining the eyes too! The colour is very dark and is suitable for all types of eyeliner styles.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fantastic. It stays on all day and the colour is very black. Newly opened, it glides smoothly and creates perfect winged eyeliner. I find that there is slight smudging, but I do have monolid eyes. If I put some black eyeshadow on top of the gel, then it won't budge. It does dry out over time and becomes less smooth, but it can be microwaved if it becomes too dry. I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Most of the time when I use gel, I draw winged liner, and it is important to me that the liner is black enough, don't skip, glide easily and stay put. I have oily lids and I hate panda eyes (who doesn't? except pandas perhaps...)
Been a macfluidline fan and have many of their colours, but by the end of a long summer day they will still start to smudge. I don't like that, too much mucking around touching up cleaning up etc when that happens.
So I stopped using fluidline for a while and went liquid. Godsend. Maybelline stiletto was my favourite until the idiots decided to stop making it. URGH.
Then I start my search again, tried a few and meh. And then I read about Kate's gel liner being long lasting better than fluid line etc.
Look, in terms of easy of use its on par with fluid line, it stays on longer and minimal panda (not no panda). My grip is that its not really that black, I have to go over the line twice to make it black black, and then the wing part is like colouring it in.
I don't mind it, definitely not love, and colour payoff fluid line is heaps better. But it stays on longer and doesn't smudge as much.
I however still want my Maybelline Stiletto back. sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25, Chinese oily monolid.

UPDATE 9/22/13:
REVIVED FROM THE DEAD! Microwaved small amt of hot water in a small bowl. Put the gel eyeliner pot into bowl (water level not so high to enter the bottle). Add 1 drop of glycerin (I put in 2-3 at first, then got a corner of tissue paper to blot it back out). Stir. Frankenstein is ALIVE!

I also own BB and MAC (too wet and smudges before setting on my monolids) and totally not impressed w/ the L'Oreal Infallible (I remember creasing). A bit traumatized to see the lineup has been changed; the current offerings look like Glow Black and Matte Black.

I bought the Maybelline Aubergine today as my new last resort (but before I read about the glycerin trick on the boards)...it was dried out upon opening.. (fyi crumbly and not pigmented compared to BB and MAC)... I'm going to return at another Ulta to see if I can get a fresher pot, and if not, then I'll try the glycerin trick on it too.

ORIG 2/10/13:
BK-2 is a rich brown with gold shimmer. It just glows when swatched on my hand compared to my Bobbi Brown Espresso Brown. My lids are as oily as any other person who makes the claim, and these stay put! My pot is about 1 yr old, still creamy though it's pulling from the sides... but it looks really reasonbly priced at adambeauty when I'm ready to get another pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by CeeTe3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for the summer time! My lids always get oily and sweaty during the hot and humid weather. I heard many great reviews over this product, and decided to try it out. Usually I wouldn't wear Gel eyeliner, because I'm not very good at applying it with the thin brush. Yet, it's so worth the time! The gel eyeliner doesn't smudge, and it lasts long on my lids! I always have a problem with my eyeliner smudging my lower lid, but with the gel liner I had no problems! I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

after reading many reviews on MAC/bobbi brown/Kate gel liner, i decided to try this one and im glad i did. I dont use it on a daily basis (maybe 3X/wk max) so it's lasting a long time (>1.5year). What i like the most is the final effect. It does NOT smudge AT ALL (i've cried on it, it rained on it, spend whole humid day in southern cities and i still have my eyeliner on, without the raccoon eyes, not to mention i have very oily eyelids ). It is a bit hard to remove though...I also dont like the fact that all gel liners need to be applied with an angled brush (what i do and which gives a good cat eye effect) but in the midst of the application, i end up losing a lot of product on the brush or by swiping the brush on the brim of the little container (the product dries up on the brim or on the brush)..... overall, i highly recommend it. and if u happen to pass by asian countries (or find a trustworthy online asian makeup store), go get it! 2.5g for less than 15$

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by fiontoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this eyeliner! This is probably my HG gel liner. I have really oily eyelids and this eyeliner doesn't dry on me. You have to purchase the brush separately though.

It has great creamy consistency and has a good colour payoff. It is opaque black and doesnt budge for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by albi86

Amazing eyeliner, very high quality and a nice brush that comes with it too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by zoeecookiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought three of the Kate gel liners. The solid black (bk-1), the brown with slight shimmers (bk-2) and the gold shimmery one (cl-1). Over the course of 2 weeks, I've been wearing the brown and the black pretty much every single day with no smudging or smearing. (my skin isn't oily though) I have yet to find a reason to wear the gold glitter but it is really pretty, even on its own without the black liner as a base. It lasts all day on my eyes and the wings of my liner stay sharp until I remove my makeup.

Pro:
- Price is amazing (Non hong kong brands are rather expensive here) (69 HKD for 1 liner (9 USD) Brush (3USD..I think))
- Smudge-proof (I find that my mascara smudges before this)
- Super super creamy and smooth.
- Easy for me to find (I live in Hong Kong...Good makeup is hard to get)

Cons:
- None so far

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Chezka88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best brand and type of eyeliner ever! I have always loved to line my eyes. The only problem is, out of all the liners i have ever tried they all give me that racoon, or the punched eye as i call it. I have oily lids and watery eyes and this is the only product that did not make me look like i got punched. Our weather is also humid mind you... Yes, it does flake a little bit, but i dont mind. I would definitely buy this again.