October 31, 2014 | 895 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ceridwen's Cauldron

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didnt think much of this. It had a subtle lemon scent. The best thing about it is the packaging. You are supposed to tie it to your bath taps/faucets while you run your bath and it looks really unique. As with most lush products, it is overpriced. Would make a nice present for someone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Was suggested this for my dry, itchy, eczema-prone skin. Scent was very relaxing and not too overpowering. Created a nice milky bath that felt good and soothing on my irritated legs. Used only about 1/3 of the melt and can't wait to use it again.

Love that the packaging lends itself to being reusable + easy to cleanup.

Wish the price were a bit cheaper...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this so much I have resolved to make sure that I will keep multiples of this just in case I have a particularly difficult day. This has a soft citrus and lavender scent. When you put it in the (relatively hot) bath it turns the water a milky color and produces a little bit of bubbles. You can get 2 maybe 3 baths out of 1 melt. When it's thoroughly melted you're left with a muslin cloth bag full of pulpy oat bits that you can use as a body exfoliant. My skin has never felt so flippin soft. Well worth the $9(USD). A nifty little mini spa that I look forward to using often.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I wouldn't buy this particular melt again because I think Lush makes better melts than this one. Of course, Ceridwen's Cauldron isn't a bad melt- I'm just not a fan of the oats and dandelion bits that it releases, and I think it's a small catch for the money, especially when their other melts are bigger and just as good for the skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I love this, it's so milky and soothing. It's very smooth and moisturising. I would repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this a couple of times and find it moisturising, soothing and relaxing.

I pop the melt under the tap as the water runs into the bath to melt the moisturising bar, then let it float around me as I relax in the milky water. Towards the end of the bath I moosh up whatever is left in the material and use it as a light exfoliating cloth over my arms and legs.

After the bath, my skin feels incredibly soft and moisturised. The oats sooth any redness or itchy flair ups I might have.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by shortkakesweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with CC. Right away I could feel the milkiness settling into the bathwater as I ran my hand threw it - and it did melt completely down (I cut mine into thirds, per the SA's suggestion) and it was the perfect amount. My skin feels silky and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by EriBaby1920

It is such a great bath melt, perfect for sensitive, dry skin girls (like me lol) or winter skin. Leaves the water with a light lavender scent. My skin comes out soft and satiny. I let the bath melt sink into the tub for 10 minutes and as it is melting, I use the cheese cloth that it comes in as an gentle exfoliator for my legs. On a downside, it does smell a bit like herbs and has a slight oatmeal scent. But I don't really mind that :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is one of my all-time favorite bath melts. The salesperson at Lush who sold me on Ceridwen's Cauldron mentioned that while it's moisturizing, it can also be oily so I put off using it for a long time because I didn't feel like scrubbing my tub. I'm sorry it took me so long to try it and I'm even sorrier that I'm all out and am on a Lush no-buy until I use up all my Lush bath products because I am so addicted to Ceridwen's Cauldron.

It is not at all oily and leaves very little residue when used alone. I was expecting a layer of oil on the top of my bath water followed by a ring of oil on my tub but no such thing happens. After all the cocoa butter melts, the bath water is creamy and completely non-oily yet extremely moisturizing. My skin feels super silky after a Ceridwen's Cauldron bath. The lavendar fragrance is very clean and soothing, especially in a warm bath but does not linger on the skin. Although it's not my favorite fragrance, I quite like lavender so I don't mind at all.

I have not tried cocktailing Ceridwen's Cauldron with other products because there is no need and nothing else I have and like from Lush (Sex Bomb, Sakura, Bathos, etc.) mixes well with the fragrance of lavender. This is one of my absolute favorite Lush products and I will be splurging every chance I get simply because of what it does for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this bath melt with my boyfriend and we were both on the fence about it. I like its natural ingredients like oatmeal, but I didn't think it did much (maybe because I put a little bit of baby oil in my bath for moisture). What is great about it is that the oatmeal stays inside the cheesecloth, so there is less clean-up, and I like playing with the cheesecloth once the rest of product disolved in the water.
However, I think it is way too pricey for a one time use. There is nothing special about it. I don't think I'll get it again.
The cheesecloth packaging is interesting and I give LUSH props for that.