April 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ceridwen's Cauldron

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Was suggested this for my dry, itchy, eczema-prone skin. Scent was very relaxing and not too overpowering. Created a nice milky bath that felt good and soothing on my irritated legs. Used only about 1/3 of the melt and can't wait to use it again.

Love that the packaging lends itself to being reusable + easy to cleanup.

Wish the price were a bit cheaper...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this so much I have resolved to make sure that I will keep multiples of this just in case I have a particularly difficult day. This has a soft citrus and lavender scent. When you put it in the (relatively hot) bath it turns the water a milky color and produces a little bit of bubbles. You can get 2 maybe 3 baths out of 1 melt. When it's thoroughly melted you're left with a muslin cloth bag full of pulpy oat bits that you can use as a body exfoliant. My skin has never felt so flippin soft. Well worth the $9(USD). A nifty little mini spa that I look forward to using often.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I wouldn't buy this particular melt again because I think Lush makes better melts than this one. Of course, Ceridwen's Cauldron isn't a bad melt- I'm just not a fan of the oats and dandelion bits that it releases, and I think it's a small catch for the money, especially when their other melts are bigger and just as good for the skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I love this, it's so milky and soothing. It's very smooth and moisturising. I would repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this a couple of times and find it moisturising, soothing and relaxing.

I pop the melt under the tap as the water runs into the bath to melt the moisturising bar, then let it float around me as I relax in the milky water. Towards the end of the bath I moosh up whatever is left in the material and use it as a light exfoliating cloth over my arms and legs.

After the bath, my skin feels incredibly soft and moisturised. The oats sooth any redness or itchy flair ups I might have.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by shortkakesweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with CC. Right away I could feel the milkiness settling into the bathwater as I ran my hand threw it - and it did melt completely down (I cut mine into thirds, per the SA's suggestion) and it was the perfect amount. My skin feels silky and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by EriBaby1920

It is such a great bath melt, perfect for sensitive, dry skin girls (like me lol) or winter skin. Leaves the water with a light lavender scent. My skin comes out soft and satiny. I let the bath melt sink into the tub for 10 minutes and as it is melting, I use the cheese cloth that it comes in as an gentle exfoliator for my legs. On a downside, it does smell a bit like herbs and has a slight oatmeal scent. But I don't really mind that :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is one of my all-time favorite bath melts. The salesperson at Lush who sold me on Ceridwen's Cauldron mentioned that while it's moisturizing, it can also be oily so I put off using it for a long time because I didn't feel like scrubbing my tub. I'm sorry it took me so long to try it and I'm even sorrier that I'm all out and am on a Lush no-buy until I use up all my Lush bath products because I am so addicted to Ceridwen's Cauldron.

It is not at all oily and leaves very little residue when used alone. I was expecting a layer of oil on the top of my bath water followed by a ring of oil on my tub but no such thing happens. After all the cocoa butter melts, the bath water is creamy and completely non-oily yet extremely moisturizing. My skin feels super silky after a Ceridwen's Cauldron bath. The lavendar fragrance is very clean and soothing, especially in a warm bath but does not linger on the skin. Although it's not my favorite fragrance, I quite like lavender so I don't mind at all.

I have not tried cocktailing Ceridwen's Cauldron with other products because there is no need and nothing else I have and like from Lush (Sex Bomb, Sakura, Bathos, etc.) mixes well with the fragrance of lavender. This is one of my absolute favorite Lush products and I will be splurging every chance I get simply because of what it does for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this bath melt with my boyfriend and we were both on the fence about it. I like its natural ingredients like oatmeal, but I didn't think it did much (maybe because I put a little bit of baby oil in my bath for moisture). What is great about it is that the oatmeal stays inside the cheesecloth, so there is less clean-up, and I like playing with the cheesecloth once the rest of product disolved in the water.
However, I think it is way too pricey for a one time use. There is nothing special about it. I don't think I'll get it again.
The cheesecloth packaging is interesting and I give LUSH props for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now this is a LUSH product that I will buy over and over again. This cute bath melt comes inside a little mesh (cheesecloth?) bag thats tied with a natural cord. The scent is sort of herbal-y with a bit of an oat-y sweetness. When put under hot running bath water, the contents melt inside the mesh bag, while keeping the good stuff like the oats and herbs from getting all over your tub and clogging it up. My bath was so moisturizing, that I sat and shaved my legs without any shaving cream---just this wonderful bath melt in the water! I would most definitely buy this again. Its moisturizing, smells great and most of all clean and convenient to clean up! I LOVE this!