Maybelline Salon Finish in Rouge Red

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/21/2007 12:43:00 AM

I always thought that OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress is best red I ever found. Not anymore. Rouge Red is much prettier. It's a bit deeper, less pink (yes, next to Rouge Red INRAW looks almost like with hint of pink), more pure red, not even a slighest burgandy or pink in it. Cool color. Finish is absolutely lovely. It's gorgeous metallic shimmer. VERY metallic I mean, not only satiny. I don't like Maybelline formula. It's too gluey and bubbles. I'm dying to find shade similar to RR but I want OPI/Essie/ChG quality. ***** for color though.

on 2/11/2007 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THIS NP IT IS SUCH A GREAT COLOR. MY BF ABSOLUTELY LOVES WHEN MY TIPS ARE PAINTED RED...SO SINCE ITS FEBUARY I DECIDED TO GET A NEW RED NP TO ADD TO THE COLLECTION. I USUALLY GO WITH OPI NP, BUT WHEN I SAW RED ROUGE I COULDNT PASS IT UP...THE COLOR HAS GREAT DEPTH AND SHEEN TO IT ALMOST LIKE HAVING RED SATIN ON YOUR NAILS! THE WEAR IS GREAT. 1 COAT DRIES SUPER FAST AND WENT ON EVEN. LOKS LIKE THIS IS A KEEPER...BUT I WISH THE BOTTLE WERE DIFFERENT AND THE BRUSH COULD BE BETTER.

on 2/4/2007 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This polish was released for Valentines Day '07. The shade and finish are both pretty gorgeous. The finish is the same as OPI's Red Like Roses and Apple of my Eye from this year's Valentine collex as well, the same glowy, satiny, lit-from-within finish. This shade is a bit cooler and darker than Red Like Roses. It's a bit closer to being a true red. It's a gorgeous cool-toned red satin shimmer. The only problems I have with it are that the Maybelline bottle is so akwardly shaped and the brush is so horribly long and hard to deal with. Overall though, I really love the shade and finish enough to deal with the brush, and might consider buying it again if I ran out and it were still available. continued >>

Popular Polishes