September 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eyeliner - Prestige - Waterproof Eyeliner in Charcoal Brown

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this color comes out to a dark espresso brown, which is my favorite eyeliner color because i think black is just too harsh. even though this liner says "waterproof", it smudges along my top and bottom lashline. so i always set eyeshadow on top of this liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a waterproof eyeliner, there are better products in the prestige line, namely total intensity. But for my eyebrows, I love this. I use an angle brush to apply cos the pencil is so creamy, but the dark brown shade is perfect. Not a hint of red to be found in it, and it's not too dark. Lasts all day. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by lanvingal

One of the best eyeliners ever - glides on so smoothly, zero tugging and has such an intense colour - I use this in charcoal brown and it has replaced all my other pencil liners! I find it's comparable to my EL double-wear liner, but only at a fraction of the price. It lasts all day and all night on me, whether it be wet weather, humid weather, tears - it does not budge. Although, you really need to sharpen for a fine line, but I prefer a thicker line so no problems there for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Indrawn

* COLOUR: Light/medium brown.
* EASE OF APPLICATION: Creamy. Doesn't pull or tug.

- - -

I was browsing Prestige eyeliners looking for a black, brown and white liner. I couldn't decide so I used the Waterproof and Total Intensity eyeliners on the back of my hand and went home.

WATERPROOF CHARCOAL BROWN vs TOTAL INTENSITY BOLD BROWN:
1- Waterproof Brown was very very light and I had to go back and forth at least 3 times to get a half-decent pigment. Total Intensity Brown needed only one very light stroke and the colour was well, INTENSE and deep. It was amazing.
2- To test which one was longer lasting, I washed my hands and took a shower. Actually before I even got home the Waterproof had faded quite a bit. After all the wear and tear, Waterproof had almost disappeared whereas Total Intensity was still 95% intact. If this can't even withstand a few drops of water on my hand (why is it 'waterproof' again?) then I doubt it could last on my eyes with all the oil and tears.

In AUD, Waterproof liners are $13.50 while Total Intensity liners are $15. I am going to purchase my liners today and I'm definitely going for Total Intensity Bold Brown over this one.

EDIT: I have since found my HG eyeliner - Prestige Total Intensity Bold Brown, it lasts 6 hours on the waterline and costs $15.

- - -
PRICE [3] $13.50 AUD | PACKAGING [3] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Illuminous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like this for an everyday liner. it looks softer than black. it's not very rich & deeply-pigmented though unfortunately, which is something i lust for in an eyeliner. on my waterline it smudges slightly, but not ridiculously like a lot of eyeliners i have tried. my eyes can be quite sensitive, but it doesn't aggravate them at all. i find this difficult to remove at night, & leftover dark residue still hangs around, even though i use a good, oil-based eye make-up remover. it's an average liner, but i would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by lovebug415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I didn't buy it as a waterproof liner, basically i needed a rich brown that wasn't too harsh and stayed on all day, this is it!!! love it! I used to wear Chanel's liner before i found this. I'll never go back! i just bought 4 from Ulta because it's buy 2 get 2 free and i had a $5 coupon! YAY!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I, too, am baffled by the positive reviews for this product. I am very disappointed in this product. Not only did I find this eyeliner to transfer quite readily as well as not being waterproof and barely water resistant, it flakes and "racoons." It is not very durable at all. I have tried several brands of waterproof pencil eyeliners in order to find one to tightline with that has minimal transfer and is truly waterproof. The closest contender, so far, is Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes but it does not come in a dark enough brown or brown/black shade for my liking. This Prestige waterproof in Charcoal Brown has the right color (a very dark brown) and the price is good (under $6 at Rite Aid), but its performance is sorely lacking. I much prefer Styli-Style's waterproof Line and Seal pencil in the same price range. I will be returning this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by belladonna10

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cause I like clinique's charcoal brown. This has no charcoal in it and it is more of a neutal/cool dark dark brown, but not black. It glides on and last all day. I don't remember really liking prestige liners that well but this one works well

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by barbie16

The only pencil eyeliner I use. I panicked when my local Boots store stopped selling it and tried to find an alternative but no other pencils come close. Fortunately I've found it in a different shop! The colour is a dark brown without the harshness of being black. The texture is amazing, it just glides on to the skin and is easy to apply and blend. It also stays put all day on my oily skin. I stopped my mum from spending a fortune on a Chanel liner and told her to get this instead, now we're both hooked! It is a bargain price for such a quality product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2007 11:52:00 AM More reviews by prettyinhotpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What? I am baffled by the positive reviews for this product. The color which is a dark brown is really nice and a good alternative to overly harsh black and too light brown so that's why it got 2 lipsticks. However, WATERPROOF? Now that's a joke. This eyeliner smudges more than any other non waterproof eyeliner I have ever tried and I've tried a lot.
For black I go w/ a cheap NYC pencil and I have minimal smudging under my eyes and have to be aware and wipe every so often to avoid the raccoon look.
W/ thw prestige waterproof? LOL...it's smudging under my eyes for the full on raccoon look constantly.
This comes off so easily and is not reliable at all. One of the worst not only waterproof but any kind of eyeliner in terms of staying where you place it on your eye ever.