July 29, 2014 | 1189 users online

Fragrances - Etat Libre D'Orange - Jasmin et Cigarette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by stls

Jasmin et Cigarette is a creative fragrance, it feels at least refreshing to smell something totally original every once in a while.
It starts with pure lively indolic jasmine buds, exactly like the jasmine I remember growing in my grandmother's garden. This delicate intoxicating smell. But the tobacco is just half step behind, practically the jasmine and the tobacco walk hand by hand as the scent unfurls.
The tobacco here has nothing to do with ashtray. It's more of tobacco leaves wrapped in paper (this must be the hay) with a slight twist of cedar and apricot.
As I smell my wrist I think ''Ok, this is jasmine, no.. tobacco... jasmine... tobacco..'' and it goes just like that, it's like a kind of dance but never the one without the other. And the dance ends like that, with no surprises. Projection and longevity are soft to moderate.
Sometimes it makes me feel the need to take a shower and although uncommon, it's totally wearable. I can imagine an androgynous old school cinema starlet in a hazy jazz club wearing this one, might not be a love for me but at least it's an interesting olfactory experience.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The scents of jasmine and cigarette smoke floating on the air are two of my favorite smells of all time so naturally I was drawn to this. I purchased a sample from The Perfumed Court after reading reviews online and was really happy with it. It has a somewhat sexy quality to it, like a woman adorned in jasmine perfume oil, singing in a smoky lounge. But the cigarette scent does tend to smell...hmm, a little ashtray-like on the clothing. It doesn't stink mind you (at least to me), but smells TOO realistic. Furthermore, the scent, as much as I enjoyed it, was a bit linear on me. I only got jasmine and cigarettes; none of the bubblegum or anything else. So while I enjoy it as an olfactory experience, it isn't something I'd purchase a full bottle of to wear daily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

My friend wears this and Habinita and both smell awesome Ė chic, vintage, sassy Ė on her, where on me they have a tendency to be dense and messy around the middle. Jasmin et Cigarette is slightly cartoonish, with heaps of throw, a hint of bubblegum, a lot of tobacco and a jasmine anchor that winks at the classics. On me, it really does have an ashtray accord (bearing in mind one of my favourite scents is Tom Fordís Tobacco Vanille Iím not afraid of wet, juicy tobacco, but I donít find that here) Ė the kind of spent, dry ash that used to typify pub carpets before the smoking ban.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by languagegames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using a sample of this for a few days now- never having even heard of it- and I find it very unique. (This was in an array of samples that included Jeux de Peau, which I've also left a rave review for.) Over the past couple of years or so I've definitely come to realize I don't have a "type" of perfume. My favorites are kind of rampantly spread. I do have "types" of notes, though, so there's that, at least. My point in writing this is only that if it seems like my good reviews are strangely spread, well, they kind of are. Jasmin et Cigarette is very feminine and off kilter enough to be intriguing. The jasmine is sweet and accessible, not dirty, and undercut by a kind of unburnt tobacco. The scent's got a lot of depth to it, but it's not "ashy" and I wouldn't want it to be. I don't get burning cigarettes from this; I get a pack of cigarettes, maybe Davidoff- I'm not a smoker, but one of my ex boyfriends was, and I remember those smelling very nice- with some lively jasmine and a dash of something darkly fruity and a little sticky. It's "flapper" in the way that Habanita is flapper, and though it's a bit ambitious to cast it in terms of Garbo, I'm still rapidly falling in love with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

On a hot Summer day I walk out of the house. I grab a handful of jasmine that is growing along the fence. I get in to the car where my dad is waiting for me and rolling a cigarette. He puts down his freshly rolled cigarette on the divider between our seats, where I also put my jasmine twig and we start driving. Quickly the hot air in the car starts smelling of strong jasmine and tobacco. Tobacco is slightly moist and when inhaled has a sharp note to it. Jamine also has a sharp floral note to it, very strong, and can give a headache after a while. So this sharp note is what holds the jasmine and tobacco together. I cannot believe this perfume gets 4 stars while Tea for Two gets 3 and is described as a better room spray than personal perfume.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Meatball90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this smelled like elizabeth taylor's white diamonds on me :/ idk if i should give it another try, but it was pretty pungent on me & lasted a good while. i'd like to try it for another day & see if i can stand it. got a veeery faint smell of tobacco.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ccspringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Jasmin et Cigarette? More like Jasmin et... plus Jasmin. This jasmine is lovely, creamy, sweet, but not ashy at all. Indole lovers, turn away. It's a very pure, light scent and one of the more subtle jasmines I've smelled. To my nose, there's not much in there other than jasmine, except maybe some powder and orange blossom and a hint of honeyed tobacco leaf. Beautiful, but I was looking forward to something edgy from this provocative line, and in this case I was disappointed. My skin tends to downplay the smoky and ashy facets of scents, but this could also be a poorly named perfume. If you want Jasmin et Cigarette, bring your own Marlboros!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PrincessKim

Blah. The tobacco notes came out right away on me, even though they're supposed to be the base and in the drydown. Very medicinal; my nose felt slightly burnt.

The jasmine was all kinds of wrong. It was dirty, not at all floral. Mostly, it was covered up by the tobacco, but every once in a while, I'd get a whiff, and it had the choking sadness of a funeral home, but again, not really floral, just heavy and dirty.

I rarely wanted to sniff my wrist while wearing this. I was patient and waited for the drydown, which was a sweeter tobacco with some woody notes. The drydown was pleasant and was the only good thing about this fragrance on me. Although I ordered a sample from Luckyscent, I would not try this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by SniffingAround

When I first tried Jasmin et Cigarette, I thought the scent was too sweet for me. Thank heavens for second tries: as the weather got cooler I spritzed it on again and was completely smitten. The jasmine is ever-present, but the sweet edge is roughed up with the tobacco-y scent of ash and smoke. Compelling and unexpected and just plain yummy. And while I fell in love with it in the fall, I'm pretty sure this one will be finding its way into my summer scent wardrobe as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Being one who dislikes jasmine I should have known better, but thank God for samples, huh? Seems like this must work for others, but on me, this is a floral, headachey nightmare. Jasmine, jasmine, some fruit maybe, more jasmine and skank. I love tobacco in fragrance, but could not detect it in this juice. I prefer the smell of my unemptied ashtray, for real. This reminds me of a really cloying air freshening spray. Not elegant, or seductive, just point me to the baking soda for a good scrubbing.