October 1, 2014 | 1969 users online

Fragrances - Clarins - Eau Dynamisante

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

A classic that I have just repurchased. I always used to have a bottle of this on the go but have not had any for 5 years or so. I saw it in store today and one sniff and I had to buy. Love this scent. Citrussy and woody at the same time. I always feel classy wearing this. Love the classic red heavy glass bottle - looks like a red boiled sweet! I wish they would bring out a small size in the spray so that you can carry it around because one negative is that it does not seem to last long on me. You sometimes get a small handbag sized one in a gift with purchase deal but it is a splash in rather than a spray. They sell a deodorant in the same bottle handbag size but with spray so they do have the bottling factory all set up. Come on Clarins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was recommended to me as a lighter version of EL Azuree, and it is indeed very similar. It's a bit spicy in the drydown, but not too much. The patchouli is apparent but not heavy; in fact, nothing in this fragrance is heavy. It is refreshing, but the spice and earthy notes would make it work in colder weather as well. If I were unable to get my beloved Eau du Sud, this would be a worthy alternative. I don't care for the regular bottle with the writing on it--it looks like a skincare product instead of fragrance--but Clarins frequently has limited-edition bottles which are more attractive. Notes (from Clarins website): lemon, patchouli, petitgrain, ginseng, white tea.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A fragrance I have worn for over 20 years and is still my favourite. Its a lovely feminine citrus fragrance and not a traditional perfume smell. The only negative I have is that the fragrance is not long lasting - although the body lotion does last longer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Bebe1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this for years and it is still my favourite. It is my perfume staple. The largest size I bought was 500ml, but sadly this size is no longer available where I live. On the few days when my skin is too dry for any type of cleanser, I just splash my face with water mixed with a few drops of Eau Dynamisante and my skin feels soft and smooth. I also use the blue one, another staple of mine. I prefer to keep mum when people ask me what lovely scent I am wearing; that's how proprietory I feel about it. I just don't want people around me wearing this same wonderful scent. :-)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Bassoonista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eau Dynamisante has been my go-to fragrance since I first discovered it 15 years ago. I'm picky about scents and have rejected entire categories of products due to smells deemed overpowering or unpleasant (I'm looking at you, L'Oreal hair care and Garnier everything). Most commercial scents smell syrupy or synthetic to me, but Eau Dynamisante was a revelation: it was earthy, complex, and didn't smell like it was derived from a vat of chemicals.

Of course, all scents are subjective, and Eau Dynamisante seems to be especially polarizing; it's one of those "you love it or you hate it" scents. If you like sweet / fruity scents, there's a good chance it'll smell heavy or "old man" to you. Heck, even my own husband thought for years that the source of my spicy, woodsy scent was my deodorant rather than a high-end fragrance. On the other hand, if you like the scent of botanical-derived products -- Aveda, Weleda, Jason -- there's a good chance Eau Dynamisante will appeal.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I was perusing the Clarins makeup counter when the sales lady asked if she could spray this on me and I obliged. I was instantly hooked! I left the store without buying it but I couldn't stop smelling my wrists so I just had to get it a few days later. I am a sucker for lemon and citrus scents and love the lemon top notes this spray has. At first you smell the citrus and after a few moments the patchouli and spices come out. The dry down is very woodsy and spicy with a hint of lemon freshness. I really love it and sometimes I spray it on my clothes too if I've been around cig smoke and it doesn't just cover up the smell but actually seems to get rid of it. My boyfriend is in the middle about it - he thinks it smells good on me, but sometimes when I spray it he says it smells like his Grandpa who wore Old Spice! I can see that though, it is a more masculine scent but I think it works well for either sex, and it smells different on my skin vs sprayed in the air. Overall I will definitely repurchase this scent. It's just a very natural, earthy fragrance that smells great without seeming like you're trying to hard. It's a scent that will work in any season so it's versatile, but it definitely reminds me more of summer. I also never feel like I have too much on like can happen with perfumes. It stays very subtle even after 3-4 sprays. Highly recommended if you like citrus/woodsy/natural scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Fleurine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Top notes: orange, coriander, caraway and amalfi lemon
Midddle notes: rosemary, carnation and cardamom
Base note: patchouli
The first thing you notice about Clarins fragrances is that their bottles look like facial toner, or makeup remover and not perfume, so the first sniff is always very "blind". You don't really know what you are sniffing, or what you are supposed to do with it, and Eau Dynamisante is no different. First thing to know, is there are no rules with these fragrances, or any for that matter, but you can pretty much douse yourself with this, and it won't be overpowering.
For me Clarins Eau Dynamisante is something very special, and of all things, minimal from the 80's, I am going to call it an EdT, although Clarins does not specify the formulation.
Clarins is a clean citrusy woody skin scent that you could wear in almost any situation, from dance class, to school, to work, or out on a date. It doesn't scream sexy, but more like healthy, and put-together. It's a well-balanced understated somewhat masculine scent that smells wonderful on everyone. Clarins ED is a good scent to wear if you don't want to appear to be trying too hard. It would also be wonderful for those first evenings in August, when it is still hot and summery but there is just a hint of fall in the air. A wonderful buy for the price.
For it's all-aroundness, I'll give it 5.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before there was Origins, Aveda and other natural skincare lines, there was Clarins. Before aromatherapy became mainstream there was Clarins. Before botanicals were the big thing, Clarins was using them and before CK One was unisex there was Eau Dynamisante. Fresh, crisp, herbal, citrusy and invigorating, its the smell of summer for me. My husband always uses my bottle in the summer and it smells different on each of us. This is a classic I don't smell on every other person walking by, which is another reason I like it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Eau Dynamisante for years and I could have sworn I'd reviewed it already...but I guess not. This is a very clean, very citrusy bitter lemon sort of smelling spray and I love it in summertime, when the weather is hot and muggy and I'm overheated and grumpy! I have a tiny sample bottle of this product that I constantly refill from my larger bottles (one is VERY large and I got it in a special promotion and it comes with one of those atomizers that you pump up with air - like a Misto oil sprayer) and keep it in my school bag to rub into my temples and the nape of my neck when I start to suffer from the heat in an airless, head-ache-inducing classroom. The scent is quite masculine (it reminds me of Veritable Eau de Cologne Imperiale by Guerlain - that sharp, fresh citrus scent). I only wear this in summer-time but my husband absolutely loves it when I wear this. I guess that says a lot about the more "girly" scents I have! This is just SO refreshing and while it can start out a bit overpowering, if you are judicious in how much you apply, it shouldn't be a problem. I love spraying this on after stepping out of the shower - it just extends that fresh sensation!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Invigorating, botanical-based mist. Provides enlivening, sensory kick-start to the day if used post-shower.