Guinot Gommage Biologique-Biological Peeling Radience Gel

4.4

on 7/31/2015 3:39:00 PM

Fabulous product. I have used this on and off for years and always come back to it as it is a great gentle exfoliation compared with a grainy scrub. The results are amazing and it gives a wonderful glow in preparation for moisturiser/make up.
It does take a few minutes to dissolve from a liquid to a lovely emulsion but is worth the effort.

on 6/3/2015 9:06:00 AM

First of all, at the moment I have a huge problem with the acne and blackheads and tried lots of products in order to exfoliate my lazy skin. This one is doing its job brilliantly, leaving the skin more radiant, even and fresh. I mean, I will need to consult dermatologist on updating my skincare routine, but this is the product I will stick to. It didn't irritate my skin, and the application is really fun, light massage and transformation of this thick creamy treatment into liquid. My skin is also not thick and typically shouldn't be acne prone( but hormones or whatever did their job), so sadly I cannot go through really aggressive treatments.
Five lippies for the price, since I paid 16 eur for it , although I know that it is more expensive. Very good!

on 5/3/2015 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been buying and using this product for about 8 years after it was recommended to me by an esthetician who had given me a facial using Guinot products. After menopause my skin became so acutely fragile and sensitive, but yet I still needed to exfoliate (something we need to do more often, not less, as we age). Anyway, scrubs were all too, too abrasive and this is the only exfoliator I can use that doesn't turn my skin red and full of welts.

I use this about once every 10 days. It's extremely gentle so you don't get the kind of squeaky clean results as you would with a grainy scrub. It can take a few minutes for the gel to turn to liquid, but as you gently rub your face with the gel it will suddenly turn to an oily liquid and then, with a few more rubs, you're finished. Give a rinse, towel dry, and add your moisturizer (or I sometimes then use a moisturizing mask). The results are wonderful with no irritation.

on 4/7/2015 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this for the past month, after being recommended it at a facial.

So far, I love it, particularly the process of putting it on. It is gently massaged in and turns into an oil - supposedly the more dead skin cells you have, the longer this will take.

Pros
- Feels luxurious on skin and the feeling you get when it turns into oil is wonderful
- Very gently exfoliates
- Great if you don't like 'scrubby' feeling things
- Smells great
- you only need to use it 1/2 times a week

Cons
-Leaves me skin a little red after which doesn't bother me but might be off putting to some
-Can take ages for it to turn to oil on areas like cheeks
-Price - not extortionate but on the higher end of the brand
-Not heavy duty - For me, it needs to be used in conjunction with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant which I use 2 times a week. I have rough, flaky areas on my nose and this is not strong enough to tackle them.

on 12/10/2013 2:16:00 PM

The product is a very thick gel containing AHAs and is an ideal replacement for those who find grainy exfoliants too abrasive.

You need some elbow grease to get the product to spread but if you massage for long enough the consistency completely transforms and starts to feel almost like an oil. After rinsing, my skin feels so smooth and I notice a reduction in milia when I use this on a regular basis.

on 2/13/2013 9:31:00 AM

One of the Guinot products I tried and this simply don't impress me at all. Applied on a clean face, texture is very sticky and hard to spread, not to say is very hard to scrub it in a circular motion. Only when it liquidity like an oil after a min or so, it became much easier to scrub. After washing off, my face just became abit softer. Too much trouble for such an insignificant results. I am gald that I got it as a sample.

on 11/29/2011 10:52:00 PM

Te only non-abrasive exfoliant that gives my skin an amazingly healthy glow

on 6/10/2011 10:32:00 PM

I love this mask! I have been using it for the last two weeks and it's really helped my skin. I used to have dry patches which are nonexistent now. It has helped with a bit of the discoloration in my skin as well (although the dry acne red marks are still there, they are just less visible now). I also notice that I can use it around my eye area (it specifically tells you that it is safe for this area). For me, this has been the BEST aspect of this product. It got rid of the crepiness under my eyes such that now when I put concealor on, it goes on perfectly and doesn't look caked on. I also have to say that I love the smell and the feel of this product. It goes on very sticky but after a massage it turns into a silky texture. It's gentle as anything. I have rosacea so when I use anything with granules in it, it aggravates my skin and makes it red and bumpy. This does the trick without irrigating my skin. GREAT PRODUCT!

on 4/7/2011 8:20:00 AM

It exfoliates my skin very gentle without irritating it, which is exactly what I need for my sensitive skin. And the smell is absolutely amazing!

on 3/30/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product and would not hestitate to buy it again!

My make up artist friend recommended it to me after I asked for a Guinot scrub (she gets discounts). The scrub was out of stock but I realize that I can easily get one from another brand, So, I got the gommage peel instead, which comes from a completely different line of products. I was looking for a good exfoliator.

Following the instructions on the tube, I used a generous amount and massaged it on my face for about 2 minutes, the massage movements turned the thicker gel into a thinner, more watery texture. I didn't feel any tightness or tingly feeling at all although it is an acid peel. I washed it off with warm water after a total of 3 minutes on my face. After one use, my skin immediately felt extremely smooth and soft without it being too dry. I felt my skin condition was perfect to apply foundation. But, I didn't need to go out so I applied serum and moisturizer instead and felt that the moisture was sealed in more effectively. It worked like magic to revive my dull, dry skin.

I would use it 2 times per week, but not more. It is not cheap so I won't splurge on it. Also, it's a peel so I supposed one shouldn't use it too often. It is not a replacement for a scrub because a scrub truly exfoliates and lifts dirts off the skin. This product serves as a "smoother" for the skin.

Pros: Leaves skin smooth, soft and moisturized.
Cons: Does not exfoliate that much

Popular Face Skincare Products