August 1, 2014 | 1879 users online

Skincare - Face - Guinot - Gommage Biologique-Biological Peeling Radience Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by paleseptember

The product is a very thick gel containing AHAs and is an ideal replacement for those who find grainy exfoliants too abrasive.

You need some elbow grease to get the product to spread but if you massage for long enough the consistency completely transforms and starts to feel almost like an oil. After rinsing, my skin feels so smooth and I notice a reduction in milia when I use this on a regular basis.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by humps

One of the Guinot products I tried and this simply don't impress me at all. Applied on a clean face, texture is very sticky and hard to spread, not to say is very hard to scrub it in a circular motion. Only when it liquidity like an oil after a min or so, it became much easier to scrub. After washing off, my face just became abit softer. Too much trouble for such an insignificant results. I am gald that I got it as a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jacklyngrant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Te only non-abrasive exfoliant that gives my skin an amazingly healthy glow

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mfernan9

I love this mask! I have been using it for the last two weeks and it's really helped my skin. I used to have dry patches which are nonexistent now. It has helped with a bit of the discoloration in my skin as well (although the dry acne red marks are still there, they are just less visible now). I also notice that I can use it around my eye area (it specifically tells you that it is safe for this area). For me, this has been the BEST aspect of this product. It got rid of the crepiness under my eyes such that now when I put concealor on, it goes on perfectly and doesn't look caked on. I also have to say that I love the smell and the feel of this product. It goes on very sticky but after a massage it turns into a silky texture. It's gentle as anything. I have rosacea so when I use anything with granules in it, it aggravates my skin and makes it red and bumpy. This does the trick without irrigating my skin. GREAT PRODUCT!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by KristinaKr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It exfoliates my skin very gentle without irritating it, which is exactly what I need for my sensitive skin. And the smell is absolutely amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by macbao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product and would not hestitate to buy it again!

My make up artist friend recommended it to me after I asked for a Guinot scrub (she gets discounts). The scrub was out of stock but I realize that I can easily get one from another brand, So, I got the gommage peel instead, which comes from a completely different line of products. I was looking for a good exfoliator.

Following the instructions on the tube, I used a generous amount and massaged it on my face for about 2 minutes, the massage movements turned the thicker gel into a thinner, more watery texture. I didn't feel any tightness or tingly feeling at all although it is an acid peel. I washed it off with warm water after a total of 3 minutes on my face. After one use, my skin immediately felt extremely smooth and soft without it being too dry. I felt my skin condition was perfect to apply foundation. But, I didn't need to go out so I applied serum and moisturizer instead and felt that the moisture was sealed in more effectively. It worked like magic to revive my dull, dry skin.

I would use it 2 times per week, but not more. It is not cheap so I won't splurge on it. Also, it's a peel so I supposed one shouldn't use it too often. It is not a replacement for a scrub because a scrub truly exfoliates and lifts dirts off the skin. This product serves as a "smoother" for the skin.

Pros: Leaves skin smooth, soft and moisturized.
Cons: Does not exfoliate that much

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by monigue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first product review ever but I couldn't help myself after I read other reviews. This product is not for people with sensitive or dry skin, if you are like me with oily skin and frequent underskin spots, then you found the right product that will help you manage it.

I have recently moved abroad and while in the US I was used to monthly deep facials in order to keep my skin manageable. However, since my move about 8 months ago, it has been impossible to get a good facial. They all seem to claim to do the same but at the end just give me little massage and put some products on where my skin requires deep cleanings.

Until I found this product, it does just that, it gets inside your pores and gently cleans the accumulated oil. You are supposed to massage it into your skin until it liquefies; I then keep it on for another 5-10 minutes (mind you my skin is like Elephant's skin, very thick).

It is not a substitution for a facial but allowed me to extend my monthly cleanings to once every 8 months (going home in few weeks, yeah). I ended up on this side because I'm looking to buy more...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkmarquis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this product off and on for about 8 years! While it doesn't correct my hyperpigmentation issues (that's not what it's intended to do) it is a great product that does what it is supposed to - give a boost of radiance! While I don't use it as often as I should (should use 1 - 2 times per week) I still find it gives nice results when I do take the time to use it. While it doesn't replace a spa facial, it is a great alternative when you don't have time and need an extra boost. If I use it at nightI find my makeup goes on nice and smooth the next day. Nice product for the price (around $40 Cdn. purchased at spa) and I will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by dolphin79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this product at all, I was looking for an exfoliator which didn't contain grains so I chose Guinot peeling radience gel. I have eczema and a little rosacea so this product made my face a little red and the product is very oily and gave me spots on my nose, I have sensitive skin but it would probably be okay for someone's skin who wasn't reactive.
Update 10/01/11
I use this product on my feet now gets rid of dead skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by foaloke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, what can I say, I've used up a whole tube of this exfoliator, and didn't notice much difference/improvement in my skin texture or colour. It is way too mild for me I think, it never got rid of the flaky areas, so I had to use a microfiber tower or a scrub afterwards anyways. I would not buy this again!