August 23, 2014 | 1775 users online

Foundations - Laura Mercier - Stick Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by nlam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It looks like LM has discontinued this product, which leaves me very sad. It's been my HG foundation for a couple of years. Since the birth of my daughter, I've had some hormone-induced redness/freckling of my cheeks. I needed something easy to use, with medium-heavy coverage, plus SPF. For a busy mom, this was perfect: just swipe, blend, and go. The shade (I used Natural) was great. Sigh. Now to search for a replacement.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Sprinkchip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my new HG foundation - I panic if I go out without it! It is a replacement for my Clarins Ultra Smooth compact foundation in 00 subtle beige which was discontinued yet will always be my real HG as it was fantastic stuff. Hence the one lippy off.

Anyway, I have this in cameo which is a very pale, yellow based shade. It covers my reds (sensitive around nose & cheeks) and is a good base for evening out skin tone in general before adding a touch of bronzer etc. It is a dewy type stick and mid coverage yet it DOES cover imperfections without looking cakey or unnatural - hard job to do. It doesn't break me out whatsoever unlike so many other foundations (are you listening MAC)!

My only gripe is that this shade doesn't particularly flatter the skin when used as an all over base alone under powder - it looks too pale and rather flat so I mostly use it sparingly and/or mix it with a little bronzer for a more neutral look and it's fine that way. I haven't used any other shades in the range so can't comment.

Blendability is not an issue for me and it doesn't come off easily when set with a tiny bit of powder - it kinda wears off as the day goes on which is fine by me as it is a natural look yet blot papers more or less take it off when it has mixed with oil.

I feel lucky that I came across this as it is perfect for me. I would recommend this (particular shade) to anyone who is pale of skin yet suffers redness due to sensitivity etc. and who likes a very natural look as this is buildable from barely there to a little more coverage and will neutralise the reds. Expensive as a concealer for the purpose of killing reds but it does work and is handy and in a durable tube too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by rebelrebel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just purchased and so far really like it. Gives a great finish and can be worn alone. This is a surprise because I usually wear mineral powder, but don't seem to need it with this product. Nice colors to choose from.

EDIT: THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED! nooo!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ogtofu

i like how well it blends and isn't drying like i would have expected. it is really easy to apply, perfect for those always on the go and especially early mornings. it has good coverage; i have a lot of acne scars so this helps. the lady at the counter said it could double up as a concealer as well and that i didn't need to buy anything else. it has a wide variety of colors so it isn't difficult to match your skintone. the packaging is really nice, it feels sturdy like i'm not about to break it in just a few uses. i definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Satinslipper

This foundation really won me over. Love the coverage. I virtually forget I am wearing make up because it blends in so very nicely and lasts throughout the day. I don't even need to blot all day since shine is kept under control. There's no scent and it's easy to apply and the compact size is portable. I've tried Bobbi Brown and MAC but this has really won me over to LM products. I will definitely be trying more of this cosmetic line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bren81

I was looking for more coverage that this foundation provided. It was also quite drying which is a surprise because I have very oily skin. It grabs to any dry and flaky spot on my face and makes any kind of imperfections stand out more. Isn't foundation supposed to do the opposite of that? When I wake up with the best skin condition (free of blemishes, moist and plump) then this is a quick fix just to even out my tone but I rarely wake up with the perfect skin. This isn't for me at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So. I was debating if I should try Benefit's Playstick, or this. I thought this would be better quality, better shade choice etc. So my shade was a little off, but that wasn't what brought me to returning it. I have combo skin, so i thought that this would work great with me, blending i mean. I was so dissapointed, especially after reading so many good reviews because it grabbed onto all the possible flakes on my face, and let me just say other foundations (and my new benefit playstick) don't. It was very difficult to blend, regardless if I used alot of moisturizer underneath, and looked cakey and dry. Not my cup of tea. I gave it a 3 because even if it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you. I just got unlucky. I think you get a good variety of shades, and the packaging like always is great. Too bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by tinklemd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this stick foundation from the advice of one of my coworkers. It is unlike powder foundations in that it is not matte. This stick foundation gives the dewy, glowing look. It gives you coverage, but does not have that caked on look and appears very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

I love this. I use it like a concealer with a little brush with my Givenchy powder foundation, or put it on across my cheeks and t-zone and blend away. It looks totally natural on my skin and the colour match is great. I set it with the Mineral finishing powder and look smooth and radiant all day. It's quick and easy to use. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

Nice foundation and nice coverage for me. When I do not have a lot of acne going on, I like how easy this foundation goes. It is on the lighter side, but i like it that way. I feel that it does cover me well. I like the fact that it has sunscreen on it. Also I like that when I am lazy in the AM this does the job for me. I like wearing BE Mineral Veil on top of this foundation. I really like it. I would recommend this foundation to oily skin people.