April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Deluxe Eyeshadow - Scratch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I can't believe I haven't reviewed Scratch. It's one of my favourite eyeshadows, and I've been using it for a few years. I have an enormous eyeshadow stash, so it's really a big deal for me to say it's one of my favourites. I'm so glad UD decided to keep this in the lineup for their new line of shadows. It's a peachy pinky light beige with shimmer. I'm NW20 and brunette, and it's perfect for just about anytime, whether I want to do a full look with a darker crease (love YDK, Twice Baked or Toasted with it), or just wear it on its own for a very low-key look. The texture is divine - it's buttery smooth, highly pigmented, and blends like a dream. Yes, it's very shimmery, so if that's not your thing, then you've been warned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like I have an innocent look with this light pink, shimmery eyeshadow. I appear wide eyed. The formulation of these (I have Bordelo, same tone but lavender) are just great and with primer they will last forever on you. I would absolutely recommend these shadows to anyone unless you are set on Matte, and they have a nice Peach matte named ABC Gum, too.

NOTE: the pic above is way off, it looks brown,but if you swatch this it is a pink, I don't see brown in it and pear it with cool tones for the outer "v" and Handwritten (MAC, pulls some mauve) in the crease.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Scratch is a shimmery pink-champagne eyeshadow. Like all Urban Decay Deluxe shadows, this shadow applies amazingly smoothly and lasts all day without fading or creasing.
While the color may not be all that unique, the finish of this shadow is what makes it stand out. The shimmery slightly frosty finish really makes your eyes glow and stand out. I love wearing this with shimmery dark browns in the crease, or alone as a lid color to pair with black or brown eyeliner. This is also a very pretty highlighting shade if you're wearing darker browns or coppers.
All in all, this is an amazing neutral shade that I think would work with many skintones. I've made a big dent in my Scratch, which is saying a lot since I have so many shadows! Once I hit pan, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Colour: Medium pink champagne, more emphasis on pink. Application is velvety smooth and a dream to work with. Worth paying the extra few bucks vs. the regular UD shadows.

Why only 3 lippies: packaging is "okay", but kinda teenager'ish. I found it was a little bulky in my makeup container, and it wasn't simple to open every time (there's a button you need to push, and it gets stuck sometimes).

I ended up returning this shadow because the pink was a little TOO pink for me. Made my eyes look like I hadn't slept for days or spent the night bawling my eyes out. It's also not a very inventive colour; pink shadows are everywhere, and I couldn't justify buying yet another pink shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A gorgeous shimmery pink-beige, champagne color, of the superb quality one expects from an Urban Decay "deluxe" eyeshadow. In fact, Scratch is *so* ridiculously pigmented that I apply it with a very light hand, to keep my eyelids from becoming the focus of my entire face.
That said, I really like Scratch, especially worn as a lid shade, with other neutral-to-warm shades. My current favorite combination is Scratch on the lids, Stila Barefoot Contessa in the creases, and MAC Sugarshot to highlight inner corners and browbones. This yields a pretty but understated design that really "pops" my bright green eyes. I wish Urban Decay offered more [neutral] shades in this line.

SAD NOTE: As of June 2012, all Urban Decay items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and market its products in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company, no matter how otherwise appealing the products are to me.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Mandadanyele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not only my favorite eyeshadow but this is my everyday eyeshadow. It goes really well with my skin tone and adds just a bit of color and shine to my eyes while looking natural because it blends so well with my skin. I love love love this eyeshadow!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

There was a pink eyeshadow in a Covergirl trio that I was trying to dupe for years and years and I finally found it - SCRATCH! I was so excited when I swatched this because my search was finally over! Its such a gorgeous netural shimmery pink that I mostly use all over the lid. I love wearing this with matte browns and even with dark purples! It blends out very nicely and with primer position has amazing staying power. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by SandieJackson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful eyeshadow!!!!!! one of my favorites..like others have said it looks absolutely amazing with sable and satin taupe from mac!! You just have to try it, those colors go beautifully together!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am always on the hunt for pretty pink eyeshadow for my NC44 complexion. I've got a lot of pink shadows and Scratch is my favorite one, so pretty! Someone else here said that it's glittery. It is NOT, I think they were talking about UD's eyeshadow in "Snatch" (it came in the Show Pony palette, I think). Now that one does indeed have glitter in it. Scratch has a nice, smooth sheen to it. A winner.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by sewong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging for this color is sooo pretty on the outside! :) Scratch is a pinky, champagne color and it's a gorgeous color. Doesn't necessarily look perfect on my yellowy skin color, but it's very pretty in the pan and is a universal color, flattering on most skin tones.