Tom's of Maine Natural Sensitive Toothpaste

3.3

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I recently began experiencing tooth sensitivity specifically to sweet foods. I believe this is due to the amount of whitening products I use. I backed off the whitening stuff and began using this toothpaste instead. I definitely noticed a reduction in my sensitivity within about two weeks of my sensitivity in general! The flavor wasn't a problem per se, but it isn't a strong minty scent/flavor. It tastes more "natural", if you will. The tube lasted me approximately 2 months with multiple use daily. The price is about $5 for most Tom's products, and I get them from Bed Bath & Beyond with coupons. Definitely worth checking this toothpaste out if you're experiencing sensitivity!

on 7/16/2011 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! i used this product ONCE, back in november 2010 and it left me with a painful chemical burn on my tongue, still not healed 8 months later. "tom's" seemed unfazed by my report of this injury. they simply requested that i send them the tube for testing....which i (now sorrowfully) did in good faith. after months of pleading for the "testing" results, i was informed that the results were "within normal limits". had i kept the tube, or some of the product for myself, i'd have a legal case. i now experience severe pain when talking and swallowing, which i have been told by the 5 different physicians that i have seen so far, may or may not last for the rest of my life.
trust me, this product is NOT WORTH the risk.

on 3/29/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have tooth sensitivity & am anti-fluoride (blocks thyroid). Since I have low thyroid function (no wonder!), I need to avoid as much chlorine, fluorine/fluoride & bromine as possible.

But I need toothpaste for tooth sensitivity too. So Tom's of Maine is the perfect solution for my particular issue. It's very hard to find common toothpastes w/o fluoride except at the healthfood store (thank God they exist).

I don't like the metal tube it's packaged in (it's probably better than plastic which leaches) & regular twist-off cap (would prefer a flip-top cap)...but whatever, it's the product inside that counts & am happy to brush my sensitive teeth with it & do my thyroid a favor at the same time. Love the mild minty flavor. The one thing I really don't like is how liquid this toothpaste becomes on contact w/the teeth...it's like the paste disappears when I use it, it's very soluble rather than maintaining any gel-like substance.

on 2/1/2007 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this in the Wintermint flavor, which is nice mild mint flavor. I used to use Tom's Anticavity Toothpaste in Spearmint until I develop a strong tooth sensitivity. At first I used the Sensodyne that my dentist recommended, but I really missed the clean, unsweet flavor of Tom's toothpaste, so I switched to this. I have just two major complaints about it: (1) It doesn't have flouride; none of the Tom's Sensitive Toothpastes do, and I really wish at least one did. (2) It is significantly more (about twice) expensive than the Anticavity Toothpaste, because I can get the Anticavity Toothpaste at Wal-Mart, but I have to go to my local natural foods store for the Sensitive Toothpaste. But I like the flavor, and it keeps my sensitivity under control, so I will continue to repurchase. Active Ingredient: potassium nitrate 5%. Other Ingredients: glycerin, calcium carbonate, water, hydrated silica, sodium bicarbonate, xylitol, wingergreen and peppermint oils and other natural flavors, sodium lauryl sulfate, carrageenan, cocamidopropyl betaine. continued >>

Popular Other Products