November 25, 2014 | 980 users online

Treatments (Face) - Differin Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by imkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Push yourself past he first 6 to 8 weeks of use. I have clear, dry skin and was prescribed this for its anti-aging benefits. The dryness and irritation subsided . My advice is learn how to use this product properly. Apply a tiny amount on clean dry skin and hold out on you moisturiser for a bit after applying. I have been using this for 3 years and, at nearly forty, I haven't a wrinkle in sight. My skin is smooth and bright and looks as good or better than it did 10 years ago. Wear sunscreen! I have used the cream as well and honestly find very little difference between the two. It Is simply a preference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Differin is a Vitamin A derivative, similar to Retin-A and other retinoids - it takes a long time to treat acne but once the initial phase of redness and irritation has stopped it is very effective, much more so than Benzoyl Peroxide which I'd say is a better short term treatment/spot treatment. I have been using it for 6 months now and my moderate/severe cystic acne and blackheads have gone completely. I have also noticed much smaller pores and diminished fine lines. If you can manage to get Differin at a reasonable price (my country it's subsidized to $5) then I would absolutely recommend it for people who are serious about getting rid of their acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by daniak57

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product ,it cleared up all my acne in one month and a half and now i rarely get breakouts I used to use it two times a day in the morning and at night and I didn't even use a face wash I just use a home made scrub two-three times a week but bare in mind that it needs some patience to see results and your skin will get drier but the results are worth it, plus it did leave me with scars so i stopped using it as often and just use it when i get pimples, and I started using acretin and now after 3 months and 9 days of using both deffrien and acretin my skin is just left with 30% scaring and I'll give it 1 more month for all the scaring to be gone :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by arrianuts

I get terrible breakouts during my period and if you want a list of all the treatments I have tried, you will be here for a very long time. As of writing, I have countless cystic acnes all over my face and the hyperpigmentation around my mouth looks like a beard from afar.

I remember my dermatologist prescribing Differin Gel a couple years back but I do not exactly recall the effect it had on my skin back then. So, two days ago, after having read tons of good reviews about the product, I decided to give it another shot.

It's my second day using the product and, though I know it's a bit too early to say this, I am actually happy with the results. I did not get any initial breakouts (again, it may be too early to make conclusions) though my skin got a little bit drier than usual--nothing a good moisturizer can't fix.

Every night after washing, I apply a very thin layer of Differin all over my face. I wait for it to dry for about fifteen minutes before moisturizing. Simple. The first time I used it, I woke up with less redness and less pain on my face. The blemishes plaguing my nose also cleared up a little. I am not sure if it does anything to fade acne scars. I guess I have yet to find out.

Again, I have only been using Differin for two days. My skin may--and hopefully--continue to get better or it may not. It's too early to say. I am just too happy because of the immediate effects! I will continue to use this product and will keep you guys posted. Wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kosh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TiyaFab please where did you get this product in Dubai and was it on prescription. Im visiting Dubai and desperately need this product. I tried a sample that my friend gave me and it has cleared my forehead. I need it to clear the other parts of my face. Would be ever so grateful if you respond.
Thanks so much...☺

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by TiyaFab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This looks rather like a cream than gel, but works WONDERS! I apply it to all the acne pron areas of my face before going to bed and it not only prevents acne but also helps fade the old scars.
I've been getting new pimples nearly every week since I got my 1st period in 2005, and it was so damn frustrating. I've been using differin for 3 months and now I only get PMS pimples which clear up real quick!
And also I got this for 30AED, which is about '7' dollars!!! (I live in Dubai) how inexpensive is that!!!!! It is available in all the pharmacies in dubai

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by koalion

I'm glad this helps some people, but it didn't work at all for me. I had a massive, continuous breakout after taking Plan B (so, hormonal acne) and this didn't do anything but make my skin redder, itchier, drier, and flakier, on top of cysts that continued to erupt. I will acknowledge that this made my skin go from 4~5 new pimples a day to maybe 1~2. But, still, the flakiness made my face look even worse than it'd looked before. I pushed through for two whole months before realizing that my whole face constantly looked like it'd been burned, there would be clumps of dead skin hanging off my face by noon, and it just wasn't worth it anymore.

I now follow a more natural skincare/acne-care routine, which has drastically reduced my hormonal acne. I never put chemicals on my face anymore, partly because of my experience with this gel. For THREE WEEKS after I stopped using it COMPLETELY, the itchiness/dryness/flakiness/all-around irritatedness did not go away, and I started flaking on my chest and arms as well. This really scared me, because it was obvious that the Differin had really, really affected my whole body, not just my skin. I guess it's true what they say to be careful what you put on your skin, it really does get absorbed into your bloodstream.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Mareike98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this from my GP 1,5 year ago. and it worked really good for me! not everything was gone but it was much better! I only used it at night and washed it of in de mornings with water. But then it became summer and I got sunburns all the time. I stopped using it and my skin stayed really good but now It has never been worse so I'm thinking of using it again but it's becoming summer and I don't know if it's a good idea..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by CollinJK

This stuff is a life saver! I got prescribed this about 5 months ago and it has completely changed my skin. The first couple months are rough, there's an initial break out and a lot of flaking since it deeply exfoliates. A lot of people that gave the product bad reviews were only using it for a couple weeks (it peaks at three months), it has to get worse before it gets better, like many other acne medications. The flakiness was the worst for me because I work in cosmetics and it made my foundation look terrible, but it was definitely worth the struggle. The severe acne that I had on my forehead cleared up and I only break out a little bit in a couple spots now. Something to note is that it's only meant to be used at night, the sun deactivates it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by oakley21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ALLELUIA!
I'm finally clear after a year of Hell! Only 2wks ago I was at a new dermatologist appt feeling like Shi* and really depressed over my bright red pizza face. A previous derm had put me on Retin-A gel 2 months prior and my face was a raw, stinging, peeling mess of cysts and rashy bumps. I stayed home as much as possible and kept most of the lights off whenever my hubby was home. Not a fun way to live. But enter wonderful new doctor from heaven! She took one look at my tomato face and said no more Retin-A ever again! It's too harsh for sensitive, rosacea-prone, thin skin like mine. She gave me Locoid lotion for a few days to calm everything down, then Clindamycin in the a.m. and differin at night with cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. It's only been 2wks, but my skin is almost completely clear, extremely soft and smooth, and not a tomato anymore! It's an Easter miracle! Can you tell I'm excited? LoL
I'm not sure which product is doing the most work, Differin or Clindamycin, so I'm posting this review under both products.

Update**
Differin began to suck the life out of my skin, leaving me parched, red, and broken-out again. Alternating Aczone and Clindamycin currently with better results.