October 1, 2014 | 1934 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Concealer - Light [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 7:11:00 AM More reviews by emilysparrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me & Skintype: 15, NW15. Hormonal teenage acne on forehead and chin, with uneven skintone. Oily/combo.

Why I like this: It covers really well and is easy to blend. I can use it all over like a foundation, or just over my spots to tone down the redness. It is a little bit yellow, but not a whole lot, and it suits my skintone really well so it does blend in a lot. Overall, it's good coverage, easy/quick to apply, blends well.

Why I don't like this: As the day goes on, it doesnt look as good. You can blot and apply more though, which fixes it, but it does kind of settle into blocked pores. So you will have to reapply after three or four hours, but it's not a big drama. Also, even though it's mineral, if you wear it everyday, it's not as good for your skin as wearing no make-up. If I wear this every single day, it'll break me out, so I only apply it on my spots on weekdays (for school) and on the weekend wear no make-up unless I go out.

Will I buy this again?: Yep! Just ordered the full-size from EDM, and I'm really excited. Overall, it's a good little concealer with pluses and minuses, but it's not as bad for your skin as the others I've tried, blends & covers well, and is easy to apply. 4/5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by fihe

aah! this is way too yellow and light on my skin! I have put it on my dark circles in an attempt to counteract the blueness, and it looks so obvious on my face that I'm better off wearing no concealer at all. it also tends to look cakey. since I have a lot of pink in my skin, and it looks that bad on me, maybe someone with more yellow skin would be able to use it.
    this color is discontinued by the way. I WONDER WHY :P

UPDATE 08/02/10: I have found that I can use this on my undereye area just as long as I have other foundation on, including some on top of the concealer. I also realized that I need to be very careful not to use ANY of this concealer "outside of the lines" of my undereye circles, or else it will become very cakey and nasty. lately I've been using more yellow-toned foundation that will match my neck, so this concealer blends in more with that. I changed the rating from a 2 to a 4, because it works infinitely better when used ONLY on dark circles. however, I would not purchase it again because I prefer Meow's undereye concealer. also, I need to make sure to use some foundation over it or else it will appear too light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At this point I am not sure if I will repurchase or not.

Pros:
    The colour is an excellent match for me - I tend to like my concealers slightly lighter than my skin tone to help lighten the colour of the zits I'm concealing. I wear NW 15-20 in MAC.
    I think this is a similar colour to Touche Eclat, for reference.

The coverage is insanely good. When I put this on I was shocked at how well it evened out my skin tone.

It sticks well to pimple scabs. (gross sorry but you need to know)

Cons:
    The jar leaks.

It doesn't wear very well at all. When it's freshly applied it looks great but at the end of the day it seems to emphasise whatever you are hiding, particularly flakiness, and gets more powdery looking throughout the day. Maybe because my skin is matte in the morning the contrast is less? Not sure but I was horrified when I looked in the mirror on the way home from work a couple of days ago. Definitely better for people who are in the habit of touching up at lunchtime.

I think it kind of settles on my blocked pores and makes the blockages look larger and protruding when they usually aren't.

Overall, I think I will continue to trial using it to cover big fat pimples for a while, but I won't be using it to even out skin tone or putting it under my eyes.

I think it was the powder foundation that I was also using that emphasised my pores, this actually is something I am reaching for every day now. Just a tiny bit is needed though, but it does a great job of setting cream concealers and keeping the coverage on pimples all day. I think I will definitely repurchase when this runs out but at the rate I'm using it that will be about 2014, and this is the sample size I have too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I may buy this again if I end up getting paler due to Winter. This is just a little bit too light for me though, which is shocking. I won't take a lippie off because I chose the wrong color. That's not fair at all! The coverage in this is great though! I have a lot of dark acne scars that I have to cover and it does an awesome job! It gets my under eye circles too. I am going to try Multi-Tasking concealer next, and if that color isn't right, I will def. go back to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tia347

I love this concealer. It is like the sunlight concealer but in the intensive formula. It covers really well.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by candrakirana

I have NC25-30 skin, yellow tone. Surprisingly this concealer covers almost nothing. I used it to cover the dark spot on my face and it did nothing. Let alone the red blemish. Surprisingly multitasking (the pink tone) do better job. Strange but true.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by dw4518

i love this concealer! it's quite yellow, so i think it's probably best for people with yellow skin tones. i use it with the multi-tasking concealer all over my face and it covers the red marks from my acne scars. it gives better coverage if used wet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

Nice, matte coverage! Try applying it wet for a better and more even coverage. I use this with my Everyday Minerals Intensive foundation and love the way it looks on my face. It covers surprisingly well for a mineral powder, almost as well as a liquid concealer but won't clog pores!

EDIT: After about a month of use, I find that this concealer doesn't do as good a job of concealing as I had initially thought. It may be because I've gotten tanner and this color has become too light for me but I just don't think it looks right anymore. Therefore, I'm changing my rating to 3 lippies instead of 5.

EDIT: OK, I've recently discovered that I really DO like this concealer and it covers especially well if you spray it with some MAC Fix+ before applying it. Good for fair skin tones but I wouldn't recommend it on medium tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Jackie85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a really light skintone so I was a little bit worried about the color, but it was perfect!....Honestly I have never experienced a product this good before.....I will have it with me forever.....I really love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by beadjunky

This concealer was the perfect color to mask my undereye circles and I used it for quite a while. However, I noticed that the skin under my eyes was gradually losing moisture and beginning to look crepey and finely wrinkled. I pretty much determined that a powder concealer does not work well for me. I always used an eye cream and hydrosol, too. I gave it a 3 because the color was just right. Otherwise I would have gone lower.