November 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Eye Shadow - Cargo - Yukon Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this product. i really have enough taupe eyeshadow, but couldn't resist buying this. glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Up until a couple of months ago you couldn't get Cargo products in the UK so I actually got this the last time I was in the US in Ulta. I loooovveee taupes and browns, so as soon as I saw this I knew there was a very high possibility that it would wind up in my basket... and I wasn't wrong!

This is a lovely, lovely, lovely shade of taupe and genuinely not one of I've seen before. It's very similar in texture to Urban Decay shadows, but I would have to say this is slightly creamier in consistency and applies really nicely too. If you use just this there's really no need to add anything else if you don't want to, but equally you can do a really nice subtle (or more dramatic) smoky eye with it too. I find myself reaching for this and my Maybelline Colour Tattoo eyeshadow in On & On Bronze (Bad To The Bronze in the US) more often than anything else, especially for day-to-day makeup looks, which to me says a lot about how good it is.

I can't remember how much I paid for this, but I think it was about 16.00USD (which is around 9.50GBP). They've since started selling the Cargo range in selected branches of Debenhams in the UK, but this will set you back 12.50GBP - a reasonable price for such a good eyeshadow, but I always wonder why we end up paying considerably more in the UK for what is essentially the same product...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been obsessed with this eyeshadow since the first time I swatched it but I knew that Ulta would be phasing out Cargo so I patiently waited until the 50% off sign popped up and jumped at the chance to finally own this. I wish I hadn't waited so long but I'm still very glad to have this. I'm NW15-20 with green eyes and dark hair. On me, this does come off as a silvery taupe as others have mentioned, with maybe a very slight purple undertone. I am always on the search for the perfect every day shade and I really think this is the one. It's not too dark or too light. It adds dimension without looking flat or overdone. It's understated and beautiful, noticable without being flashy. The pan is very generous, the texture is nice, the packaging is utilitarian (I enjoy it, it sets it apart from my other shadows.) With primer, this lasts all day on my super oily lids. This is just a simple, gorgeous shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

FINALLY!!! I tried to purchase this back in October when I was in the US but Ulta was out of it and it's not available here in Canada and Ulta doesn't deliver here. I nearly had a tantrum right there in the store and even was willing to buy the counter sample but they're not allowed to sell that! My husband went golfing last week, though, so this was at the top of the list of things for him to bring back for me. The weather was dreadful and they barely got to golf but that meant he had time to hit the mall with the ULTA store! I've worn Yukon every day since hubs got back.

My MUA friend and makeup enabler had me convinced that I needed this shadow. She is my Taupe Lovin' Twin so I knew she wouldn't steer me wrong. This really is a "one and done" shadow but when I have more time, I've already found that I love this paired with MAC Legendary Black very lightly in the crease and outer V for a bit more definition. But on its own, with some black pencil liner, this makes for a fabulous result with so little effort. I love shadows like this - easy to wear. This is beautifully pigmented, applies smoothly and there is no fallout unless you overload your brush (something that isn't necessary). You get a heck of a lot of product for the price. I am not wild about the screw top container but that's not a deal breaker for me (assuming I don't misplace the lid, I should be okay!). Anyone who has the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette, the shadow Lap Dance is quite close to Yukon in colour. However, that is such a small pan and I was concerned about what I'd do if I used it up. Now I don't have to worry, because I have Yukon.

UPDATE - June, 2014: I was passing through the Pharmaplus drugstore near the school where I teach and was absolutely FLOORED to see that they're carrying the entire line of Cargo cosmetics! Cargo used to be carried in Canada at select Sears stores but they were cleared out more than a year ago. My only access to Cargo was on trips across the border to Ulta and then I just had to hope that they had in stock what I wanted (hence my ongoing crave for Yukon). I need crave no longer. I'm planning to get a few more shadows and their (in)famous Blu Ray concealer to start with. Goodness, I can't believe how excited I am!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't really need another taupe, but I'm a sucker for that particular color, so I purchased Yukon on a whim. Glad I did. I love that this shadow goes on smoothly and stays put a reasonable amount of time. It's similar to MAC's Satin Taupe, but I found that it wasn't quite as shimmery and leaned a little more towards the purple/gray end of the spectrum. It's soft and buttery and applies and blends nicely. It's a nice neutral eye for day wear, but for that extra punch for nights out, I think I'd reach for Satin Taupe, which is somehow heavier and more silvery. I'm happy with my purchase, and will use this often. You receive a generous amount in the small cute tin, so I can't imagine repurchasing anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'd glimpsed positive reviews of Yukon in the past, but thought, "Eh, who needs another taupe?"

I DO! After a brief foray into mattes, I decided to try shimmer again, and found that I was actually lacking in the "shimmery taupes" department. I remembered Yukon, only to find that it seems to be sold out everywhere. Horrors!

However, I won one on EBay, and am VERY glad I did.

The color of Yukon does remind me some of MAC Hypnotizing, but I think Yukon is slightly more taupe, and therefore more neutral. Yukon is better quality than Hypnotizing, in my opinion - smoother, much better pigmented, and softer. The shimmer is there, but it isn't in-your-face shiny. I wore Yukon today on the lid, with Stila Rain, a matte, in the crease, and it was a beautiful daytime-appropriate, polished look that really set off the green of my eyes.

Yukon *does* crease slightly, after about eight hours of wear on my primed-but-super-oily lids, but so does everything else!

I'm so glad I "discovered" Yukon - I fear it's discontinued, but the pan is so huge that it will last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pke1990

I use this almost every day. The texture is awesome and so is the color! It's also a generous size and the packaging us cute and simple. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

This was was my very first Cargo eyeshadow and I cannot even remember how I came across the color but after failed attempts to swap for it, I found it online and had it in my hands within the week. At first I really wasn't impressed with the color, it seemed like I already owned this(think satin taupe). I really love taupes so I'm not concerned with how many I own or how many are dupes. I will show them all love. I kinda thought if I used constructivist paint pot I could pull more of the brown out, but that was a huge fail. It turned silverish and I had to remove it. I ended up using Bare Study and this works perfectly, the color in the pan is what I got on my lid. I really don't add anything in the crease or outter corner when I use this, only a highlight. The shadow is so soft and applies like a dream. Did I mention the container is HUGE? I would def repurchase.
I would also like to add when I grabbed this out of my stash this morning BB Heather Mauve slid out of place and I held them side by side, they look darn near identical but you will def not get the pigmentation of Yukon with the BB shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

LOVE this color! Neutral taupe/purple that can be used for a day look or put on heavier for a night look. Goes on smooth and stays on all day/night. I get bored with colors FAST but I've purchased this 4 times already. Yukon is my HG eyeshadow color! FYI...Ulta makes an eyeshadow (Mystique) that is almost identical to this one for $6.50. Will be trying it when my Cargo shadow runs out.
EDIT: BB Heather Mauve is similiar in color but less color pay off. Only con about Yukon is it breaks easily if dropped; that why I bought it 4 times already-I dropped 2 of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by temmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my very first taupe and it's still one of my favorites. Its a greyish purplish taupe and I love pairing it with my sue devitt eye intensifier in surat. I reach for it often, and it creates a look that is definitely neutral, but by no means boring. Its very pigmented and comes with a lot of product. It's smooth and blends beautifully.