October 25, 2014 | 1701 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Liz Earle - liz earle eyebright

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A really cooling, refreshing tonic for sore eyes, but I find saline solution, eye drops and eye gel all do exactly the same thing so instead of having to keep a bottle of this in the fridge I make up my own salt water solution when I need it and keep my teeny bottle of eye drops and weeny tube of gel in the fridge instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

Have repurchased this twice now. It's not a good eye makeup remover tbh, I have to do a fair amount of rubbing, which I know is bad. But, it is so refreshing on itchy, tired eyes and seems to calm them and help my scary dark circles. Even when I'm seriously sleep-deprived I look better than I should. It stops my dark circles getting really horrific. Plus it's hydrating & leaves skin less wrinkled looking compared to my other HG, Simple eye makeup remover. I also have zero lash fallout with this. My lashes feel conditioned.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by maloneyxo

I really like this treatment. Personally I don't use it for make up removal because I use it after my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and toner, so my skin is already clean when I apply it. It instantly cools down and revives tired, puffy eyes and makes me feel a lot more awake. It's fantastic left in the fridge in the summer for extra cooling benefits!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nikkicavv

I used this product twice a day everyday until my bottle was gone but I felt it made no difference to my eyes, morning or night. I applied it with cotton wool pads and dabbed it around my eye area, or held it to my eyes to no avail.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by danski1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wow - this is like 8 hours sleep in a bottle! Ideal for when you've had a late night or one too many rose wines. Just soak a couple of cotton pads and leave for five minutes...your poor partied out peepers will be transformed to create a bright, wide eyed look.

Great for removing the remaining traces of last night's hard to shift mascara too. A fab little product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the good reviews for this product. This is merely witch hazel toner, marketed as a soothing, eye brightening treatment! Firstly, how can a liquid that is not applied to the eyes make them feel soothed and appear brighter. This will not help soothe tired or red, itchy eyes. And please beware of soaking cotton pads with this product (as recommended by Liz Earle) and placing on or under the eyes. I did this and left the cotton pads under my eyes for about 5-10 minutes and when I removed the pads, I had extreme redness and irritation on the skin around and underneath my eyes. Again, I do not know what on earth a company is thinking when they use an irritating astringent like witch hazel in an eye treatment product. This was disappointing as I generally like Liz Earle products.

*EDIT* - While I still stand by my original review in terms of this product being irritating if left for too long around the eye area (due to witch hazel), I have to change my rating from 2 to 3 lippies. I've found that this is a really good "toner" for the eyes, and I now use it first thing in the morning when I wake up to tone the area around my eyes. It's a very handy and refreshing product in that regard!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:36:00 AM More reviews by kr1sti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great product, recommended if you got tired, itchy and red eyes, especially when you don't get much sleep or spend 12 hours daily in front of the computer. I usually pour it on cotton pads and place on my eyes for 1 or 2 minutes evening or morning, just to soothe and/or de-puff my eyes.
It also removes the residue of yesterday's eye makeup.
------
UPDATE 20/03/2012
-----
As much as I loved its soothing and de-puffing properties, I wouldn't repurchase because of the 'bad' ingredients.

Aqua (water), Hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, PEG-60 almond glycerides, Glycerin, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Decyl glucoside, Panthenol, Centaurea cyanus (cornflower) extract,
Euphrasia officinalis (eyebright) extract, Potassium sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium methylparaben, Sodium propylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by silentboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product. I use it every morning to remove the residue of lastnight's make-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by susie03

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really really good product. It is a lovely gentle yet effective eye make up remover and quite the best treatment for tired, dry, dull eyes if soaked into cotton wool pads and applied for a few minutes. It unfailingly improves the brightness of the whites and any dryness / puffiness or morning lines.
A real life saver to have in the bathroom cabinet and one I wouldn't want to be without. Wish I'd discovered it long ago.
I suppose as an eye makeup remover it is pricey but as it doubles up as a treatment that actually works I consider it a real bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by hetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This wipes every parts of my eye make up gently without that stingy feeling. My HG eye makeup remover.