October 25, 2014 | 1656 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eye Shadow Quad in Modella-Tokidoki LE

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

Before I bought this palette, I'd read a lot of reviews. I went into this purchase understanding that these weren't highly pigmented shadows and expected to get sheer, subtle results. As such, I find this palette is perfect for just that - subtlety. I don't wear makeup to school often, but when I do, I use this. I usually use the matte brown on my creases and the peach color for lids. In the spring or summer time I used the baby blue and green tinge white for a fun look. The actual shadow is really silky feeling and, since I use a primer, the soft colors last a long time. It's small enough to take with me anywhere for touch-ups if need be. The compact itself is absolute love! When I'm all done with these shadows, I do plan on continuing to use this by filling it with creme eye shadows. In my opinion, worth the $10 I spent. I wouldn't repurchase for the shadows (there are others I like more) but would for the compact if mine was broken or lost.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by colleeflower

Very cute packaging but the eyeshadows themselves suck since the colours hardly show up. Luckily I only received this as a gift, so I didn't waste any money on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, the sheer-ness. It makes me cry inside. I really wanted to love this because of the insanely cute packaging, but I just don't. The colours are useless because they're so sheer. I only payed about $7 for it, but I wish I could get my $7 back. I'm really disappointed in this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kristaax

My friend got this at some company outlet(not CCO), and it came with both quads, and she gave me Modella, because I didn't like the colors in the other quad, she got this for a really cheap price, like under $10.
The colors are way too light, sheer, and shimmery, except for the brown shade, it isn't dark but isn't too light either, its the most pigmented out of all 4 colors. I do like the yellow-ish green eyeshadow, it has a green tint/undertone, definitely duochrome, paired under a black base brings out the green, and it actually looks green-ish blue, really prettyy. I am so glad my friend didn't pay the retail price($30) for this, it would be a total waste of money, because the shadows are not pigmented and you are paying for the cute packaging; that'ss kind of the reason why my friend even got this, cause of the packaging, and the cute mirror lol. The only way I use these shadows are for my inner tear duct, and the brown shade to fill in my eyebrows and line my lower lash line, so it isn't a total waste. I was surprised on how tiny the quad was, its about the size of my palm( i have pretty small hands), it definitely looks smaller in person, so if you want this quad don't expect it to be big.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by FlipAzn

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this on ebay for cheap. Still a waste of $$. The colors are too light except for the brown e/s. The light colors does not show up on my eyelids at all. Lighter colors will probably make good highlighters.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by muffinftw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have both Modella and Celebrita. The packaging is adorable like everyone said, which was why they were a bit pricey. The colors go on sheer and silky, but I did notice a difference when applied wet. My skintone is tan with yellow undertone and I found that the colors from Modella do not translate from the pallette to my skin. It came with pretty pale yellow that looks greenish almost, shimmery light blue, shimmery orange, and matte brown. The yellow and blue look almost the same when applied on my eyelids... shimmery vanilla color. The orange looks nice as a base color with the matte brown to contour. It's not bad or anything. I just wish it would show more on darker skin color. I have used this with primer and it helped a bit. Maybe lighter skintone would have more success. Otherwise, Modella is good for light everyday look for lighter skintone since it washes darker skintone out.

I had more success with Celebrita, however. Celebrita comes with shimmery pink, purple, pretty grey, and matte white. This one shows more on my skintone especially when I used the colors wet with primer. I used the matte white as a highlighter and pink as the base color. I used grey as the main contour with purple mixed in where the pink and grey meet. It looks nice. Since it's very sheer, Celebrita is good for the pinkish flushed look especially for spring time.

Both pallette can mix and match depending on the color... I think the grey from Celebrita would pair up nicely with the blue from Modella with the matte white as a highlight. Personally, I don't think I would buy Modella again. Celebrita is a maybe. I just think that I would have much better luck buying the same shades that would actually show up from other brand or other line from Smashbox, but if you like very sheer shimmery colors, these would be perfect for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by casc_s

I bought this for the packaging to be honest , got mine in celebrita. I agree that it goes on sheer, BUT itís not to the point where you donítí see a single wash of color. You just need to layer it twice or maybe thrice. I love the soft silver/grey in the celebrita palette Ė itís not too loud and itís perfect to wear to work. I even take this quad when I travel for my night look. I was however taken aback by the size of the palette, lol, itís SO tiny! I got this off Ebay US for only USD5.99. Steal!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by silverdove88

The colors are okay, nothing spectacular. I loved the opalescent yellow- has a certain mermaid quality. The shimmery peach is also cute- but my quad flaked a lot- which was super annoying

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by RachelFay81

RIS this stays on great does not crease. The colors myke my ppp look a little washed out. But I did read to try them wet which I have not done. Will try to update as soon as I get a chance to play a little more.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by indiawithinmyheart

I am Asian with medium skin tone and this eyeshadow quad looked horrible on me. Way too sheer to wear alone. I rarely return make-up products, but this one I had to return.