August 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Hydrating Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Staaarlit

Adequately cleans off any leftover traces of cleanser, dirt, and/or makeup
Definitely hydrating as promised and only that (no pore control)
Quite moisturizing
Refreshing
Great for dry skin, normal skin, and combination skin
Maybe even good for oily skin, especially one that is dehydrated (bf has oily skin. I forced it on him and he was actually pleased by the results)

$13 - bottle says 6.7 o.z./ 200 ml (what it always has been), but the website says 7o.z. for some reason.

Packaging is simple, nothing fancy, but nothing ugly either. It's a pop-open cap, so it's not too travel-friendly (fear of it popping open and spilling).

Scent: light, not overwhelming. Fades quickly.
______________________________________________
Product Description: A hydrating toner that removes traces of cleanser, dirt and make-up without drying the skin, leaving it feeling soft, supple and refreshed. It leaves a velvety feel on the skin

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Diglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Linalool, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Farnesol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brought the Body Shop Vitamin E sample bag which contain Moisture Cream, Nourishing Night Cream, Toner & facial cleanser plus the bag.

Once I finished up my sample size, I knew I wanted to purchase the full size ($16.95 AUD).

This toner definitely doesn't tighten your pores (may not be suited for those who seek acne treatment) but it does leave the skin feeling hydrated and according to the description on the label, "prep the skin for moisture".

I'm using this only through the Winter season where my skin require a little extra moisture and so far, I'm seeing average result of my skin appearing healthy & not dull at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by fychen

I have combo skin type. I have a different toner that I use to take off leftover makeup after cleanser. I mostly use this toner as an essence since it's bit thicker than a normal toner. But I really like that about this toner! I just put a drop onto the palm of my hands and pad it onto my face and neck. It really hydrates my skin, especially perfect in cold winters. It might be too much to those who have oily skin though. The price and packaging are great as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Ethana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner does its job perfectly as what the bottle says. The only downside is the smell. Its kind of too strong but meh, it doesnt stay too long on the skin so I think its okay for people with sensitive skin. I have been using this toner for over a year and my first bottle still hasnt run out yet so Im kind of doubting its effectiveness and since I dont want my skin to react over an "expired" product, I just use this specially only for when Im shaving my facial hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by poofio

So for those looking for a toner to wipe away any excess makeup, dirt, residue and what not, this is probably not the toner for you. Instead of a water, refreshing type toner before moisturizer, this has the texture of a watered down moisturizer, which is what would be the typical Korean toner.

My first application of this toner, I thought it was a cleansing toner so I used a cotton pad and swiped it over my face. I don't really suggest that method because it wastes a lot of product and adds to the sticky feeling to the face. While it does end up feeling a bit tacky on the face, it drys down to a smoother finish. I think it may be better to apply to the face w/ fingers because this is essentially a moisturizer as you are leaving it on your face vs. using it to wipe off excess dirt like a regular toner.

Overall I wouldn't buy it again. It wasn't really what I was looking for per se. I might even return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this toner. I am not a fan of the spray toners which seem to be the rage now. I like a toner that finishes off the cleansing process and this does a perfect job. It cleans off the remaining grime and does not dry my skin which is so important now. I have used witch hazel and rose water as a toner for years and now find it too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Crazycatlady91

I love this toner! It's light on my skin, removes most of my foundation and eye make up. Not bad in price. I've used the cleanser, toner and moisturiser now for about 8/10 weeks and it has really cleared up my spots. I'd recommend the Vitamin E range! Just stick with it for at least 6 weeks, washing your face twice daily with the products. It even calmed down the redness of my scarring!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by JuneFaithful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used Clinique before using this toner. I'd say that I prefer Clinique so it doesn't make me feel sticky on my face but smell of the body shop toner is much better. I don't feel clean on my face like when I use Clinique. I'd not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kelvinnelson

sticky and weird feeling on my skin. bodyshop is all about marketing

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is EASILY, eassssilyyyy my favorite toner I've ever used. The reason I know it's my favorite - because it is the only toner I've ever noticed a difference after each use. Do you know that tight-skin feeling after cleansing? Toner usually adds a slightly more drying affect - this one is like a moisturizer. It is simply incredible. It makes your skin SO soft, so radiant. The Vitamin E does wonders for skin problems. I will never stop using this stuff, ever!