December 21, 2014 | 982 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Hydrating Cleansing Wipes

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by nikkidarling83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for an alternative to my pricey MAC wipes and heard great things about the Neutrogena wipes. Since I have dry skin, I opted for the hydrating wipes. Mistake. These leave my skin oily and gross. I threw away half the pack. I bought the regular wipes, and so far, they seem to work well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought the smell of the ones in the purple packaging was bad, and then I tried these. The scent is AWFUL. It's this really weird gross chemical melony/cucumbery smell. I'm not super scent sensitive but this is just horrible.

As far as makeup wipes go, they work well. They do remove makeup and they have a good level of moisture. They're very soft. I think I'll stick to the original blue packaging instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

These smell so great. Like a light fresh cucumber odor. They remove makeup wonderfully. Just as good as the original in the blue package. I have extremely sensitive eyes and they do not irritate them at all. These remind me a lot of the Yes to Cucumber wipes. These are a little more oily feeling, but its mostly cyclomethicone so it dissipates rather quickly after it dries. They say they are hydrating, but I don't know how the hydrate. I guess they are a little oilier then the original, but I wouldn't say it leaves more hydration in your skin. They are very damp, borderline too damp which is great, because most brands are always too dry. The thing that makes these 10x better then the blue package is the odor. I can not stand how the blue ones smell... absolutely horrible. These are so yummy smelling.

I must note that they do leave my eyelids feeling a little on the oily side. Aside from that they are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

One of my favorite wipes, remove everything really well and really moisture all the time. really comfortable to use and have lovely scent. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

First let me say I've been a loyal user of MACs cleansing towelettes since college years. But they are so expensive and I go through them too quickly. I've been looking for a cheaper alternative but never found anything that really measured up for me. I'm picky about smells, so I don't like anything that's medicinal smelling or funky odor. I find that with a lot of skin products but to my surprise these are great! There were 2 other choices by Neutrogena but I didn't care for the smell so I chose these. The remove even the darkest eye makeup and leave my face so clean and soft, very moisturizing to my drier skin on the face. Leaves your skin so fresh and smells great. And at under $7 a package, I'll be buying these again for sure vs $20+ for MAC cleansing wipes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by skinwalker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think they might have changed the formula around on this one since some of the other reviews, because I have noticed absolutely no smell or skin reactions. I actually really like these. They take off my eye make up, foundation and lipstick all together. It usually takes a few times over to remove all the makeup. They also stay moist so I can use the other side of the wipe if it didn't get too dirty.

If your skin is really sensitive to any left over make up, I wouldn't try these without washing afterwards because it does tend to leave a little if you aren't careful. They work well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by ihasa

Something in these wipes burned my face and left it red. I very, very rarely have a reaction to products, so I was definitely not expecting a Neutrogena product of all things to burn my skin.

On top of that, it didn't remove my makeup all that well (before I had to stop trying).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Amistarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a good product for people who have dry skin and also for those who have combination skin like me. Although it feels nice on the skin (some other face wipes can be quite drying) it didn't remove all my makeup so that is why I wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Jinstellakwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Makeup wipes are my best friend when I'm too lazy to wash my face, so when I ran out of my Costco wipes, I picked these up yesterday as a quick replacement. I tried them and I can't say I'm impressed. They're on the scratchy side and while they retain a lot of the moisture, I didn't feel it took off my makeup as well as I liked (just washed up in the end). I'll give it a few more goes before I dismiss it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MrsCB86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! This is my first time ever using towelettes. I've been using different types of cleansing pads that usually dried my skin out a little and then I tried using a cleanser that you had to rinse off. And I really don't like splashing my face with water because I feel like it makes a mess and gets my hair wet. Anyway, these are amazing. The first time I used them I noticed how soft it made my face. AND it actually did remove all of my make up. So it truly did exactly what it was suppose to. Absolutely love it. :) I'm not necessarily a fan of the packaging...I don't like that it just sticks shut because I worry that the stickiness will wear off and then it won't stay closed anymore. I wish it came in a hard box with a cover on it but I suppose I can buy one if the stickiness fades. I think the smell is very faint, it kind of reminds me of cucumbers. It isn't a great smell but it isn't a bad smell either, it's just kind of there. Either way, overall, definitely the best facial cleaner I've ever used.

P.S. I just wanted to edit that I didn't use it to remove my eye make up. I use Covergirl eye make up remover because I feel like it removes even the toughest mascaras easily and I'm okay with using two make up removers.