April 17, 2014 | 1067 users online

Fragrances - Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Vanille Abricot

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This is an utterly delectable scent. Vanille Abricot is everything I wanted Aquolina's Pink Sugar to be. It is definitely reminiscent of cotton candy, but it contains more depth than many foody perfumes. The jackfruit and apricot round out the sugary notes to create a candied scent that is more vibrant than cloying. The initial spray has more of the fruit than the drydown but I thoroughly enjoy both. As far as gourmand scents go, this is a fantastic vanilla. It is neither one-dimensional nor so packed with extra notes as to nauseate the wearer.

My only two issues with CSP VA are 1) that I immensely dislike the packaging and 2) the sillage is rather poor. That said, I would recommend this to any lover of Prada Candy, Flowerbomb, BS Fantasy, JS Fancy, etc. under the caveat that you may want to bring the fragrance (or a sample) around with you for touch-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loooooove this perfume. I'm obsessed with vanilla scented things and this is my favourite vanilla perfume (with Lavanila grapefruit coming in at second place). I've gotten quiet a few compliments on this, even a few times by random strangers and customers at work! I think the lasting power is decent. At first it seemed as though it faded after a few hours, but I kept getting comments on how it smelt from friends and coworkers so I have to assume that I've just gotten used to the smell on my skin. I've had perfumes who's scent last longer but they're often more expensive, no surprise there. I will definitely buy this again. Right now I only have the 30ml bottle but I'll upgrade to the bigger size once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Vanille Abricot 1 of my favorite perfumes and I have a serious infatuation with gourmand dessert-like fragrances. Vanille Abricot is sweet, comforting, cozy but light and fruity vanilla gourmand that is just addictive. Great for all seasons. Makes me happy & uplifted just sniffing the bottle! The bottle and staying power could be better, so 1 lippie off, unfortuantely.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an ok fragrance. Way overpriced but I guess worth it if you like super sweet smells. I think this smells like barbie dolls (plastic) or those cabbage patch dolls. The good thing it is comforting and reminds me of my childhood for some reason. It has an ok lasting power. Ive gotten that I smell like muffins from one person

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Vanille Abricot smells like faint, nondescript frutiness and a watery sweetness with a persistent undertone of something like melting wax and plastic. Doesn't even last a full hour on my skin and doesn't have much throw. CSP's scents always sound so amazing to me, but they tend to be weak and artificial smelling in reality. The metal bottles that house their fragrances are also rather cheap and ugly looking, and I've had issues with them leaking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by missmollyperry

i have found this scent from the comptoir line to be very pretty & i love wearing it during the summer. it's sweet but not too sweet, it's a happy scent, the vanilla is lovely and the abricot adds the fruity factor. my only complaint is that it does not last at all. on me it fades very fast. very nice scent though just wish it had more staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Vanille abricot is one of my all time favourites (especially for spring) and my favourite of all Comptoir fragrances (I own quite a bunch).
It's a feisty fruity vanilla (who knew!) with brilliant notes of jackfruit and papaya, which make it a little bit more "citrusy".
It smells like candy but never gets cloying.
I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

This smells so fresh and tasty! I haven't seen it any stores near me recently, so I'm savoring what I've got left. I wish Sephora still sold it.

Update: Still no luck finding any more bottles of this fragrance. I guess they don't sell it in the US, which is a shame. It's really a yummy smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my favorite fragrance in the late '90s-early 2000s, then CSP fragrances disappeared from store shelves and I couldn't find it anymore. Recently I got nostalgic for this and took out what little is left of my bottle of Vanille Abricot. I first read about it in an issue of Allure Magazine. Some actress or model mentioned it as her favorite fragrance because it smelled like cake. She was right. It's "foodie," but warm and comforting, and not overpowering. I particularly loved it on cold winter days when I had to head out the door in bad weather. I got compliments on it all the time. I don't know why I stopped wearing it. It's available online so I think I'll have to order a new bottle. My bottle is 15 years old and it's in a pretty glass spray atomizer, but I see now that all CSP perfumes come in an aluminum bottle, so my rating for the packaging quality reflects the glass bottle. Other reviewers have commented that this doesn't last long. Mine lasts for several hours, so maybe the newer forumulations have changed since I bought my bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jbmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off, not the prettiest bottle but who cares when it smells so good! It definitely will not be sitting beautifully next to some classic Chanel perfume on a display in your room, it is a scent not to be taken too seriously. It smells so sweet and fragrant that one to two sprays is plenty. althougth the lasting power isn't terrific, do not overspray because the sillage is pretty grand in the beginning before fading and you don't want it to be too cloying. Some friends tell me the scent is like a marshmellow and some say its TOO sweet while even one guy tells me I smell good every. time. I wear it. So I think the appreciation for it really is an acquired sniff, and I happen to love the smell of it. It reminds me of pure sugar cookies and even a hint of some peach jam, so delightful and so naughty, in a way, to smell so delicious;) I wear it mainly in the winter, opting for a lighter frag in the summer months as sweet gourmandy perfumes can turn sickly in the heat no matter how amazing. Overall, I highly reccommend this perfume if you love to smell like food and happen to have more than just a bit of a sweet tooth!