November 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Fragrances - Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Vanille Abricot

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ejmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this stuff all through college, and bought a new bottle this week to wear to homecoming 10 years later.

There's something different about the fragrance in the new glass bottles. This formulation? lasts longer, has better sillage and is a lovely gourmand vanilla cake with some apricot, a little bit of almond, and definitely something something mildly floral.

Older version to me, was straight up very sugary cupcake/apricot tarte, but I didn't get anything floral at all. If Pink Sugar was a typical freshman dorm scent, CSP VA was the more upscale sorority house friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Again, here I am with another super sweet, gourmand perfume that I really enjoy. I swear, sugary sweet scents are not my favorite, even though it may appear that way by my other reviews. I tend to favor spicy, woodsy scents.

Having said that, I find Vanille Abricot to be exotic, tropical and sensual with a hint of hidden spice. I only wear it during the summer, and very sparingly at that, as it's syrupy sweet.

Although, as sweet as it is, there's something, maybe the apricot or jackfruit, that gives it a little pizzazz and energy.

This might sound strange, but I love to spray this on my furniture, especially my comforter. It smells like a vanilla cake with peppered fruit icing.

Even though it's not listed, there's cayenne pepper in here somewhere, I just know it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sillage

The most delicious foody perfume I own. Like liquid ice cream/sherbet. Or a creamy frothy beverage with a little umbrella sticking out of it. The richest, creamiest vanilla perfume -- with apricot added. You'll want to eat yourself with a spoon, it's so delicious. Yummy and heavenly. Drool-worthy.

An uplifting and *fun* fragrance to wear. Smells like summer vacation, and I would only wear it in warm weather. For me, it's the perfume equivalent of being on the boardwalk at the beach -- or sitting at a beach bar -- or like being at a carnival. It makes me think of Jimmy Buffet songs. Or steel drum music. Fun!

The silver metal spray *can* is awful, and you can't tell how much you have left. If I could see through the can, I'd almost expect to find a milky-white liquid, since it smells like the carrier must be a lovely cream -- and not the typical clear liquid carrier which contains alcohol.

Very smooth, creamy, sweet, and desserty. Like a spray-on smoothie. I'm wearing it now, and it's to-die-for delicious. But you really have to not mind smelling like an *actual* dessert, because that's what it smells like. You may draw comments about smelling like cookies or cupcakes. But for me, it's swoon-worthy, and wearing it just makes me feel *good*.

Several years ago, I read in a magazine that it was a favorite of model/actress ex-wife of Charlie Sheen, Denise Richards (who recently launched her own perfume, which is nothing like this one). I can see where Vanille Abricot might be popular with young women in warm, beachy, sunny California.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This is an utterly delectable scent. Vanille Abricot is everything I wanted Aquolina's Pink Sugar to be. It is definitely reminiscent of cotton candy, but it contains more depth than many foody perfumes. The jackfruit and apricot round out the sugary notes to create a candied scent that is more vibrant than cloying. The initial spray has more of the fruit than the drydown but I thoroughly enjoy both. As far as gourmand scents go, this is a fantastic vanilla. It is neither one-dimensional nor so packed with extra notes as to nauseate the wearer.

My only two issues with CSP VA are 1) that I immensely dislike the packaging and 2) the sillage is rather poor. That said, I would recommend this to any lover of Prada Candy, Flowerbomb, BS Fantasy, JS Fancy, etc. under the caveat that you may want to bring the fragrance (or a sample) around with you for touch-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loooooove this perfume. I'm obsessed with vanilla scented things and this is my favourite vanilla perfume (with Lavanila grapefruit coming in at second place). I've gotten quiet a few compliments on this, even a few times by random strangers and customers at work! I think the lasting power is decent. At first it seemed as though it faded after a few hours, but I kept getting comments on how it smelt from friends and coworkers so I have to assume that I've just gotten used to the smell on my skin. I've had perfumes who's scent last longer but they're often more expensive, no surprise there. I will definitely buy this again. Right now I only have the 30ml bottle but I'll upgrade to the bigger size once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Vanille Abricot 1 of my favorite perfumes and I have a serious infatuation with gourmand dessert-like fragrances. Vanille Abricot is sweet, comforting, cozy but light and fruity vanilla gourmand that is just addictive. Great for all seasons. Makes me happy & uplifted just sniffing the bottle! The bottle and staying power could be better, so 1 lippie off, unfortuantely.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an ok fragrance. Way overpriced but I guess worth it if you like super sweet smells. I think this smells like barbie dolls (plastic) or those cabbage patch dolls. The good thing it is comforting and reminds me of my childhood for some reason. It has an ok lasting power. Ive gotten that I smell like muffins from one person

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Vanille Abricot smells like faint, nondescript frutiness and a watery sweetness with a persistent undertone of something like melting wax and plastic. Doesn't even last a full hour on my skin and doesn't have much throw. CSP's scents always sound so amazing to me, but they tend to be weak and artificial smelling in reality. The metal bottles that house their fragrances are also rather cheap and ugly looking, and I've had issues with them leaking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by missmollyperry

i have found this scent from the comptoir line to be very pretty & i love wearing it during the summer. it's sweet but not too sweet, it's a happy scent, the vanilla is lovely and the abricot adds the fruity factor. my only complaint is that it does not last at all. on me it fades very fast. very nice scent though just wish it had more staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Vanille abricot is one of my all time favourites (especially for spring) and my favourite of all Comptoir fragrances (I own quite a bunch).
It's a feisty fruity vanilla (who knew!) with brilliant notes of jackfruit and papaya, which make it a little bit more "citrusy".
It smells like candy but never gets cloying.
I recommend it.