September 18, 2014 | 1629 users online

Highlighters - Maybelline - Dream Mousse Shimmer-Ethereal Ivory

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great highlighter and not just for the eyes. Goes on sheer but is beautiful when it hits the light.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

i love it as a highlighter!
on the bridge of my nose and on my cheekbones.
its really really sheer though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by FedoraJane

I'm wondering if this is the same product as the highlighter/shimmer sold in the UK, just repackaged/renamed for American release as a LE Holiday product.

I bought this for my face, hoping it would have a slightly more angelic, highlighting effect, but it doesn't really perform well in that respect. The pearlescance seems to disappear during blending, leaving only the glitter and a strange silveriness I'm sure Ziggy Stardust would appreciate.

But, it saved itself from the trash can and sweet-talked its way into my make-up case with it's ability as an eyeshadow primer. It not only eased the application process by providing a creamy surface to blend on, but also affords a wet, metallic sheen to the eyeshadows I apply over it.

You know what? I dusted off a pallette of offbrand shadows because of this stuff. That means that it made a good portion of 42 lackluster shadows that had been wasting space in my cabinet usable. This is good news, because it has (For now..) quelled my lust to buy UD shadows that I don't have the money for at the moment.

I feel that it deserves a four for its work as a primer, but had to take off one lippie for it utterly failing at it's intended purpose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

This was part of the holiday collection I think. It looks like a soft pearly pink inside the jar. It has a soft shimmering affect on my skin, but you can barely tell it is on at all. Honestly, I think it is pretty pointless because it doesn't show up at all. To get it to show up you have to layer it quite a bit, and then it just looks really weird and shiny.