April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - Sky

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rumor has it Hard Candy is discontinuing this line of nail polishes, so I made sure to stock up on this color as it my favorite of the Just Nails line. I think Sky is gorgeous, and I find that it dries pretty fast for a creme-finish nail polish. It is a very lovely, soft, pastel blue with a hint of pink-to-blue duochrome to it. I actually really enjoy the sheer factor of it, as it makes the polish look gel like, squishy even. The first coat is definitely streaky, but it will even itself out at the second coat. To get it opaque, I generally use three coats and then I'm good to go. It lasts forever on my fingers and looks very elegant even with my pale skin. If you don't mind three coats to achieve opacity, then do yourself a favor and pick this color up.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by olithea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so heartbroken over this product. First, it's not the color I thought it would be, it's too white-ish to be a true sky blue. The formula was streaky even at three coats, and did not dry well. In fact, I've never had a successful manicure with this because there's always been an accident with the gummy not-set polish.

The tiny brush in the bottle is a real pain to use, I also have HC's Matte-ly in Love and I struggle with getting even application for that too. And for the price, I could have purchased a much better brand of bargain polish. The only reason I have Sky was at the time there were no sky blue polishes on offer from any other brands.

If you have tiny fingernails, you might like the brush, and if you don't have dark nail lines like I do, you may not need as many coats. But as far as I'm concerned, I wasted my money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2011 3:58:00 AM More reviews by minyuette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Blue is my color, when I picked up this bottle I fell in love. A sky blue polish with a gorgeous shimmer! But... the shimmer disappeared somewhere between the brush and my nail. Huh? I'm not going to waste my time on polish like this anymore, there's too many brands out there with shades that deliver.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by PrairieInk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Hard Candy nail polishes and have several in my collection. I was so excited to find Sky, it was so beautiful with its subtle shimmer and it reminded me of the 90's when HC first came out with a pale blue nail polish and everyone was wearing it. Unfortunately, the formula is horrible. It is thick, sticky, and streaky. Even after 3-4 coats it has streaks and at that point it's so thick it's gross. I was so disappointed in the formula that I emailed HC about it. I have recieved no response at all (it's been 3 weeks.) not only did I email, but I tweeted them and commented on their Facebook. Nothing. I love the color so much that I may try to thin it out with some Seche Restore but I'm not holding my breath.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never tried the original HC sky from the 1990s, but even if I had I don't doubt this one would still be totally disappointing. It's very streaky to apply, plain and simple.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Speakeasy1908

I received Sky in a swap with a lovely MUA NB member. In the past I fought with this beautiful sky blue polish. It would go on streaky, and not even 3 coats made it look good. That is, until I discovered "underwear". Here's how i get a great mani or pedi with Sky: use one thin coat of your favorite basecoat, then one thin coat of a white creme (like OPI Alpine Snow) or a sheer white or pink (Essie Mademoiselle or OPI Bubble Bath). Then apply two thin coats of Sky and add your topcoat. This is my sure fire way to make Sky look great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by elenalin

Bought this because it's a close sister to Chanel Riva. The colour is very pretty, and it has the same discreet shimmer as Riva. I would imagine that this colour would be flattering on many skin tones.

Application was annoying as anything though. The formula was thin but gloopy; it was hard to apply evenly. Someone with lots of patience would probably be able to do several thin, smooth coats, but all I could manage were 2 thin coats and 1 super thick one to even everything out.

I think if you're looking for a Riva substitute, this is as close as you can get. Other than that, it's not a must-have.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MrsAJGraveS

I liked this color, I thought it was fun for spring and summer. the packaging is neither here nor there, it is a bottle of nail polish, that's all, but the brush is nice. It's price is ok, I would prefer to pay a little less for a walmart brand, but the quality was good so it all works out. I needed three good coats to get even opaque coverage, and the polish takes a long time to dry all the way. I waited until the next day to apply a top coat because it took so long to dry. This polish wore really well though, I would have gotten a full 7 days out of it if I wouldn't have started picking at it lol. I like this line and will continue to buy them.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my first hard candy nail polish, and i'm disappointed :( i see a lot of youtube gurus use the brand & after experiencing "sky" i don't know why they do--when there's so many other better brands. hard candy seems like a little kid line to me if the quality of the rest of the products is like this nail polish. it is streaky and takes 3 coats to be opaque, and is much, much brighter blue than i thought it would be. bummed that this isn't a cool pale blue :( it would look great on toes with a tan, tho, but not what i'm looking for on my fingernails. it would work better on a young girl i think. it's a good spring color if you like to wear bright, fun polish, but i was looking for something a bit more subdued. in the bottle at the store it looked paler and like it had an irridescent sheen. i was so disappointed that it doesn't--it dries a bright easter egg blue with no sheen or shimmer. i didn't have a problem with the drying time, however--i used out the door topcoat & that seemed to work just fine. while i would not repurchase this (and probably not buy any other hard candy polish, either) i will be giving this to my 12 year old stepdaughter & it'll be great on her. but maybe i'll do my toes first.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by rwaheb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i hate to put a damper on things but i really don't see why this product has gotten such good ratings. Its SUPER streaky the first two coats and it takes the third coat to make it fully opaque like a normal nail polish should be but look closer....your nail ends up looking bumpy because of the bad consistency of the polish. The color was an okay pale blue but it ends up not looking good because its so textured.

Honestly its just a really poor polish for the price. Same price as a china glaze polish or sally hansen polish? yea right, there is no way in hell i will ever repurchase this. I've gotten better two dollar polishes at forever 21

Only positive? love the ring =)