September 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Here's the best way I've found to use crystal salt deodorant:

In the shower, after washing/shaving/whatever floats your boat, use the crystal ROCK (the stone) on your underarms. Really rub it on there and get a good coating under both arms. I usually do this while I'm still in the shower. It's quick and you're already wet so why not. Don't rub your underarms dry - just leave them to air dry. It barely takes any time at all. Just do it while you're getting dressed or combing your hair or whatever. Then, whether it's right after or the following morning, add the crystal deodorant roll-on (the liquid stuff) on your underarms once they've dried.

The double-pronged approach is keeping me fresh through a gross, humid summer, so that's really saying something. I don't really have a B.O. issue most of the time, but I do sweat a lot. However, I sweat LESS using this than I did using antiperspirant.

Oh - and the first time I tried to use this, two years ago, I felt like I sweat a TON. However, I was transitioning off of perfumey chemical antiperspirant. Now, I've been using a different natural deodorant for over a year, and switching back to this has been easy peasy and I actually sweat less. I think your pits can take some time to "detox" if you've regularly been stuffing up your sweat glands with aluminum.

Anyway. I love this. Layer it up - rock salt and roll-on - and you're game for a long, busy day - even if it includes a crazy-intense workout at the end of it!

Note: The roll-on doesn't last anywhere near as long as the rock salt, so I gave it two lippies for price instead of one. Also, you don't HAVE to use both products, but I feel like I stay fresher that way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I like this stuff a lot! I kept a roll on & the rock around for the longest time but ran out of the roll on so now am just using the rock. It's very effective & a kinda neat concept!! I've had the rock for over oh idk maybe 6-8 months & it's about half used up. It's so economical, good for you, widely available, green, and it works, so what's not to like!!??

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love-hate relationship with this. I've been using Crystal and similar deodorants for 5 years now because I love the idea of it, but it doesn't always work for me. Some days I smell great. Some I smell awful. Some days my right armpit stinks while the left smells fine! I've tried applying a little and a lot. I dry this one with my hair dryer before getting dressed. No matter what I do, the results always seem random to me.

One more thing, the liquid version will run out much faster than the solid, so it's not as good of a deal as the rock version. Nevertheless, I probably would repurchase this, unless I decide to try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by sanae09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have purchased this over and over again. I normally keep one unscented & one chamomile:) This works great for me. It does not leave any white residue or yellow stain on clothes. I've just moved to somewhere that has humid summer:( from all-year-around sunny & dry weather. I now have to see how this works next summer in muggy/sticky condition…. Crossing my fingers.. An update to be made soon;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW

This has worked better than any antiperspirant I have EVER used in my life no joke. I am trying to stay away from Aluminium and I have tried other brands of deodorant that left my arm pits PEELING from the propelyne gylcol. BAD NEWS. Not only do i NOT smell like body odour using this, but my pits have stayed dry (interesting) and no white film on my clothes.

i am going back to the market and buying the rest of them for fear that I will lose out on another great deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by smdunn91

I've been looking for a cruelty-free deodorant. I purchased this in the chamomile scent. It smells great, but it has a very, very wet application and it doesn't last all day. It works better than a few of the other brands I've tried, and it's pretty inexpensive, but it isn't my HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I have it in the unscented crystal for my boyfriend. The lavender and white tea scent I have for me in the spray and roll on which I adore! This product works for me one I'm lucky because i have never been a "sweater" unless I have an anxiety attack or am doing some crazy sports. This allows me to perspire which is normal, and what are bodies are supposed to do. Keeping in toxins doesn't sound appealing to me. Cancer causing ingredients are not sexy at all!
Granted I'm a Boho bordering on hippie chick so I always try to go with the healthiest choice for my body if I can. Heck no matter how you are this is a good choice for anyone. With this I smell good for a long time it doesn't irritate my skin after I shave and is perfect for my hygiene needs. No ruining of my clothes or white marks either:) This is a excellent deodorant and a great alternative over Lush deodorant's which I do not purchase anymore. This has become my skincare staple and I will purchase it for my boyfriend and I again and again. Totally Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This deodorant is almost perfect! The packaging is great, the scent is amazing, and it's easy to apply. It also lasts a pretty long time, but not the whole day. I'd say it lasts about 6 hours. I wore it out on a 102-degree day for a few hours and I had no body odor, but I was outside all day when it was in the 90s and I smelled a little bit. Overall, it's a really good product though and it's not too pricey. It's definitely worth it. :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not only would I buy this again when I run out, I am going to stock up on it.

It controls BO better than nearly anything else I've used. 5-day works as well but is also an AP and more drying. I don't find that underarm wetness is as much of a problem for me as BO. Lots and lots of conventional AP's will leave me with BO after a few hours. This....keeps me stink free all day...unless I do something that induces serious sweating, like going on a run. For daily activities, I love this.

Also....it is CLEAR. HOORAY! I love to wear tank tops and loathe those white marks I get from a lot of AP's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

From the moment I hit puberty I've needed to use a deodorant. For years, the only one that really worked was Mitchum. God I love that stuff. I don't care about an antipersperant, after all, everybody sweats so I'm not worried by that. But I really needed something that would stop me stinking. I've tried the various natural deodorants over theyears, all without success, so when a friend gave me this three weeks ago I was very sceptical, but it works. I no longer smell. It works for a full 24 hours. I just put it on as soon as I've towel dried off after a bath and I'm good to go. It doesn't leave marks on clothing, and it has worked even in high summer heat. Two thumbs up!
Edit: 4 January 2013. Most of Australia is currently experiencing a heat wave with temperatures around 30% above average for this time of the year. The deodorant is still holding up well. I'm a very happy camper.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No