November 23, 2014 | 1162 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Yogamode-Raquel Welch

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by franimal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure what anyone could possibly do with this. It is nothing more than a decent powder. It doesn't show up on my skin, doesn't highlight, and has barely any shimmer. The compact is gorgeous though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*Will update pic soon* I've had this for some time but never gotten around to reviewing it, this is the only powder (besides mac blot on some areas of my face) that i actually wear all over my face, I'm not a fan of powder, but when i do wear it, this is the only one i wear. I think the reviewer below flairgirl8 sums this up perfectly in my opinion. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a beauty powder from the Raquel Welch collection, but it's no different from a regular pressed powder with some shimmers in! It gives some glow, but you have to wear a lot and all over the face to show some glow!! It doesn't look so good with my skintype on summer, because I'm too oily, and the shimmers all over don't look good!! It's a great shade tho for light skintypes like me, I'm a NC20, but I don't think I'll buy again a Beauty Powder that it's not shimmery!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why does this have to be a limited edition beauty powder! This is the only one that does not enhance my fine lines and large pores. It is so finely milled and the perfect compliment on my fair skin. You cannot tell I am wearing it and yet, I look enhanced. Wearing this gives me a natural glow. It is like airbrush in a powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
I'm finding this powder too dark for my skin. What a shame! I use Benefit Dandelion now.

This is airbrush in a compact! I have light warm skin tone for reference. I have tried so many powders from NARS, Bobbi Brown, LM, NYC, Revlon, and many mineral makeup brands; and this powder is the only one that truly makes a difference. A very light dusting with my MAC 187 gives me a NATURAL, airbrushed, flawless, beautiful healthy skin look that I have never been able to achieve with anything else. It gives my skin a very subtle glow and never looks powdery, cakey or obvious, which I love.

The texture is amazing, too. The powder is very finely milled, and it feels silky smooth. This is the only MAC product that has really wowed me. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by queenofdisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous product. It works perfectly as a finishing powder when I want a glowy, porcelain look. I apply my foundation and blush, then blend it all in with this beauty powder, then apply my highlighter. It's a perfect dewy look for the summertime. A+ for MAC. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by darlinglilkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, sheer, very finely milled beauty/finishing powder. Creates a perfectly diffused, porcelain, ethereal look. Like a GlamourShots photo...just kidding, sort of. Great to "tone down" blush or blend everything on your face together beautifully. Creates a truly lit-from-within glow. I'll let the fact that I bought 4 back ups of this speak for itself. It's that fabulous! Really. Me = NC30-35. Oh yeah, and it minimizes pores big time. Can it get any better?!

PS. I dusted some on my mom and sister before going to wedding and they were both so amazed at how it brightened and softened their complexion they both went out and bought their own the next week. If you can, get your hands on some of this before its gone!

EDIT: I have realized that some people say that this doesn't show up on them and I thought this might be helpful: Don't use a skunk brush, repeat, don't use a skunk brush. The 187 and the 188 are way too subtle for this stuff. I use either a regular clean blush brush (MAC 116) or even better, a kabuki. You need a dense bad boy with this one otherwise it just won't show up.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by berrylips

Ok, I went to the MAC counter tonight to buy the Barbie Pearl Sunshine beauty powder but of course they just don't have any more. The SA tried to distract me by showing me Yogamode. In the compact it's nothing special. She applied some to my face and then steered me over to the big mirror. I looked at it and gave the appropriate oohs and aaahs that I knew she wanted to hear. I told her I'd think about it and walked away. I turned to my friend and said, "you can't even tell there's anything on me." She looked at me and said, "yes you can and it looks really good!" I got home and looked in the mirror and WOW, I really like it. It IS very subtle but on my NW20 slightly dry and flaky skin it really smooths and blends everything so it just looks angelic and glowy. I have Mythic meteorites and I have to say Yogamode is much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am just not getting the rave reviews. It is just a blah powder. It took away the shine, but it did nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 4:31:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is incredible powder. I have tried so many and this is the best so far. I just wish this same formula came in a lighter color. It is such a perfect formula that it would be truly ultimate if it were paler and didn't take me up from my comfortable NC5 to a NC15. It looks natural which astounds me because it looks so dark in the compact. When I put it over my bare pale skin, it actually looks extremely flawless and natural. Even without foundation this stuff evens out your pores and makes your skin look like silk. You don't see any color change however it takes me to a darker color and gives me a little rosiness in my cheeks. That probably sounds perfect for some but for me who loves being pale with the whole Snow White/goth beauty thing going on, I don't want to go darker. I may buy a back up of this stuff because it is that beautiful but I am still on the look out for something like this that will give my face a whiter cast. I do look completely natural and flawless which is kinda cool but again, if it made me paler it would be the total bomb (EDIT)!! I had to return it. It just made me look to dark! It gave me a rosy look I couldn't live with.