November 28, 2014 | 880 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Transforming Potion

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

Honestly, you're much better off just wetting and eyeshadow with a liner or an angled brush. It really washes out eyeshadows more than it should, making them not as dark and opaque as I'd like. I got it on sale, so I figured it was worth a try, but it's not really amazing. So I'd pass next time!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I think the idea behind this product (which I think is no longer available) was probably a good one, but that's where it ends...

I got this as a freebie some years ago from Sephora (they threw it in when I got some UDPP). This is a double ended tube of liquid that transforms shadows into liners (not unlike Lise Watier Metamorfix and many other mixing medium type products). One end has a fine liner brush and the other end has a wider, angled brush. Thing is, you can't control how much "product" comes out and you can't really use this stuff with the brushes of your own choosing - you're stuck with the 2 brushes built in to the product. So, like I say, a good idea in theory but in practice, not so great, which is probably why it's been discontinued. People willing to spend on a "transformer" type product have better ones to choose from and those who don't want to spend extra money will just use plain old water, which generally works fine for a lot of people.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by schouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

got this from hautelook today. i saw some negative reviews on youtube, but i thought why not? first impression: eh. the brush loads on wayy too much of the potion so i end up wiping off most of it along the edges of the container or on a tissue. also, the brush holds on to eyeshadow, so i have to wipe it dry anyway! & i hate wasting product. once i swipe it with a small amount of the product and a big swipe of the shadow, it works okay. i paid $5 for it, and i would never want to pay anymore for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by LIEHIEZE

I got this in a swap. I am not really a big fan of this product to be honest. The formula is really wet, so when I use it on my eyeshadows it just creates a big mess. Also, the brushes get filled with shadow and you have to clean it off everytime you go back into the product. I think that it's a lot easier to just buy a coloured eyeliner in the colour of your choice than trying to 'transform' your eyeshadows into a liner. Even applying the eyeshadow dry with a brush works better than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by nerdcat

It BURNED my eyes!
It did nothing that I couldn't do with fix+ or even a touch of water...
The brushes we nice and it's not a bad idea in general, but the product its self was yucky and useless and painful!
NOT worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mskilicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What an interesting mix of reviews! Personally, I like this a lot. I use it with loose eyeshadows and pigments and it works brilliantly. Not so great results with pressed eyeshadows - it's harder for the brush to pick up the powder I think. Contrary to a lot of the other reviews, I love the thin brush (I don't use the wider side) because I can draw a precise, elegant line. It reminds me of the old UD liquid liner brushes. I also love that as you use it, the shade intensity goes down - I don't like a heavy line near the tear duct. I can't achieve the "faded" effect with straight liquid liners. If I want to increase the intensity, I just pick up a little more eyeshadow. I've experienced slight stinging (not burning) when there's been too much potion on the brush, but pulling it out against the side prevents this. I've got much more use of my pigments, especially the darker and brighter ones, since I got this. Very happy. I found this on clearance so it was a steal at 2.99 (normal UK price 11.50).

It gets 4 stars from me because of the possible stinging, you can't see how much is left and I don't use the wide brush. Otherwise it's great.

Edit (another positive): because I only get the mixed eyeliner on the tip of the brush, it's practically impossible to get any unwanted liner on my lashes. With liquid liners the product coats the entire brush so I sometimes get blobs of liner on my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I found this product awful. I sometimes use a damp eyeshadow liner brush to use my eyeshadows as liners which works really well (eg dampened cheap bourjois liner brush on bourjois noir emeraude works perfectly as a liner). I was buying UD PP and the SA encouraged me to get this aswell. It stings your eyes, the brush is not stiff enough to pick up eyeshadow and so it is impossible to use this for what it was intended. Completely useless!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Lala04

I love the idea of the product, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. But even if it worked perfectly I would not continue to use it. On a few occasions the mixed eyeliner has leaked into my eye and it stings like hell. I mean really bad. Beauty may be pain, but this product is torture!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last year because I was convinced by the Sales Associate in Sephora that this was a good product. The eyeliner and eyeshadow brush it comes with isn't of good quality. The thin one is way too thin to be used for eyeliner. I ended up stashing this item away. Although on the other hand, you can use this for sealing eyeshasows in place and making glittery colors even more vibrant. If you want to line your lower lash line with color, you can use the thicker brush and it'll make eyeshadow last. But it does stings your eyes, It feels like there's alcohol in them. I wouldn't buy this again especially for the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A total waste of money. I got it to use with BE eyeshadows, but I find it's no better than mixing with water to make eyeliner from the shadows. I've used it on Smashbox and Laura Mercier cakes, and it does alter the cake and make it harder to use later. I've tried this with the brushes provided, as well as with my eyeliner brushes, and it doesn't matter, it doesn't make my liner last longer, it doesn't make it go on better, it doesn't do anything at all.