October 2, 2014 | 1011 users online

Palettes - Hard Candy - Punk Palette Makeup Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by EvilQueen_

First of all, the packaging and the product completely reflect my style. The shadow colors are absolutely gorgeous and you can create so many looks with them. The blush/highlighter, eh. They're OK. Same with the glosses. I don't know if I would have bought this at full price, but I got it on eBay for dirt cheap so I thought I'd give it a try. Not only can you achieve a dark, rocker look with this palette, but you can apply the colors a little lighter and achieve a soft, powerful look as well.

Picture:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

When I got this I thought the colors were pretty horrific, but it was only $5 so I figured I'd give it a go anyway. I brought it home, tried it and I LOVE IT. The eyeshadows are great, they cover well, and you can mix them a million ways so you get a different look every day. I really love the texture of the glosses, not too sticky or watery, but the colors didn't go well on me (oh wells). The blush is what scared me the most, it's a bright bright pink, but I was surprised to find that it matches my fair skin perfectly. It comes out looking so much lighter than it is in the box and blends easily. The ideas on the box say to use the shimmer over the blush but in my opinion it just looked plain weird, so I use that as an extra eyeshadow instead.

All in all, it's definitely something I'd buy again. I doubt I could ever find it for a price like that again but I'd have no problem paying a lot for this product, it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 9:47:00 PM More reviews by decembereyesx

I really love this kit. I got it for 5 bucks at five below and it was so worth it. I love the shimmer, it was worth buying the kit for that alone. I use it all the time and it is an amazing highlighter. I do use the eye shadows from time to time. I really like the green, but the purple is a little too drab. I use the blush sometimes, it goes well with simple looks. Overall think this is worth purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

i got it on sale too and it was really worth it! i agree with everyone else that the shimmer alone is worth the 5 dollars i paid for it. of the shadows i like the green the best. its nicely pigmented. the black is a little hard to wear and i thought it was purple at first so i was disappointed. the glosses are 2 total extremes and are a little difficult to wear but the blush is wearable though a little dark. again get it for the shimmer!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i found this on clearance for $4 at TJ Maxx. you can't beat that! i like to use the fern green color and the medium brown color as a dual tone eye (i blend the green from inner corner to about half way around the lid, and then the brown from outer edge of lid to middle, and blend into each other) so pretty! nothing punkish about it. i don't really use the deep violet color, i tried it once as liner but it just looked muddy on me. i also liked the shimmer highlighter and an all over highlighter for going out. haven't tried the glosses at all yet. all in all, a great deal. the only con is that the package is not portable at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2007 1:40:00 AM More reviews by amypmayo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this really cheap at TJMaxx, but I notice they have it at Sephora for $25. For the $7 I paid it is a steal. Eye shadows- a deep browny-eggplant, a frosty sage, and a shimmery caramel. Nice texture, useful colors. The shimmer is too frosty white for me, but I love the blush, kind of a deep coral. the gloss colors are nice a frosty caramel, and a vampy dark color. the packaging is cute( a sturdy notebook box with magnetic closure) but not practical. This is one of those kits you have to leave at home, which is why I wouldn't pay $25 for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this at my local Tjmaxx back in january (as of now, 4/21/07, they STILL have a pile of these as well as the other version "Princess Palette") for $7. Its originally $25 and I think that's a little steep.
[I think that its kind of stereotyping and poser-ish to have this called "punk palette". What are they gonna do next, a prep palette? I just think they should have more respect for people's lifestyles.]

As the other review stated, there are 3 shadows in purple, grey-green, and beige; a pink blush, and a white shimmery highlighter; two lipglosses, one in in a a mute brown and the other in a nice plum color. The plum looks good in the pot, but turns scary magenta on me after a few hours.

The eye shadow is really nice. I like to use the purple all over my lid to the crease then put the green sort of in the corners of my eyes and use the brown on my brow bone... (Yeah, I like outstanding eyeshadows. I can't understand how people can be happy with just plain boring brown day in and day out).

The blush & highlighter is worth the $7 I paid for it. They are full-sized, not dinky like they usually are in palettes. The blush is a little too pink on me (i need a more peach color), but i use it anyway. The highlighter looks good on my temples beside my eyes.

The lip gloss is ok, but as I said, the brown is too boring and the purple turns a nasty color on me...

I wouldn't really buy this again, but its fun to have around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by coutureisqueen

I got this in a swap..wouldn't exactly call it a "palette", because when I think of palettes I think of thin flip-top cases with a bunch of things inside, and this is housed in a box. Granted, the box is kind of cute, but it would definitely be inconvenient to tote around. There are step by step instructions for both a "Mild" and a "Wild" look. I don't follow either of them exactly but they do have good tips. This palette contains three eyeshadow, a blush, a highlighter, and two *portable* lipglosses. The eyeshadow colors are a dark purple eggplant, a gray-green, and a medium tan color. The blush is very pigmented, a pinkish-red, with cool undertones. And the highlighter is just pure white shimmer, that I would say is similar to NARS Albatross. I bet the quality of that one is much better, but I haven't tried it. They just look the same. And the two l/gs come in Mild and Wild; in the container, Mild looks like a dull brown, and Wild looks like a reddishpurple with scary green spots in it. (Did they think that would make it look punk or something?? It just looks nasty!) In my opinion, this palette is actually pretty good. I tried using the dark purple shadow as a liner, but the texture wasn't quite right. I probably need a different brush. I used the shimmer to highlight my brow bone, then applied the tan shadow up to the browbone, and the gray-green in the crease. I layered the blush over a Stila rouge pot in Dahlia, and it came out a bit redder than I like. Then I put the shimmer on top. Mild l/g applies SO beautifully-it may be my favorite thing about this. It is like a YLBB look. Pinkish and natural, and makes my lips seem pouty somehow. Wild is a deep berry color which I don't care for as much. All in all, I like this palette a lot.