April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Immortelle Very Precious Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a very good product if you have very dry and/or flaky skin. This cream goes on smoothly, does not cause breakouts or clog pores and restores the suppleness of the skin without leaving it greasy or oily as some creams have a tendency to do. Now, let us talk about the price. There are plenty of other equally effective creams for a fraction of the price. Not only that, but for the whopping $70 that this is going to cost you (less if you hit up an outlet), this does not lighten hyperpigmentation or acne scars. This is just a very moisturizing cream in some very luxurious packaging. For this reason, I would not repurchase because I have found several lightweight facial oils that offer the same benefits plus a tone-correcting function.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I can't stand the way this feels on my skin! I apply this sparingly from the jar (another reason not to like it) all over my face concentrating on the driest parts, but it still feels greasy and balls up almost every time I use it. I apply to bare skin so it's not like I am applying this over multiple products. I do feel that my skin is more moisturised in a morning after I apply this at night, but that is the only benefit for me. My skin used to be a lot drier but is becoming oilier as I get older, so this cream would suit someone with very dry skin. Not for me unfortunately. Will not repurchase but I will probably end up using this on my feet and elbows!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Teddynt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good product and now i cant live without it. I tried this range and was very impressed. Once my first tub finished i didnt bother to replace it but then i noticed the difference in my skin. So now i always use this at night and precious cream in winter and the brightening one in summer. The products are amazing and really do the trick. My skin looks clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To bless or curse the sales rep who gave me samples of this?

I recently moved to a climate with actual weather, and my otherwise normal and on the brink of aging skin has been having trouble adjusting. So I did what any self-respecting dry-cheeked individual with a luxury face product problem would do and called on Sephora. A tiny bit of this layered over a drop of the Josie Maran argan oil (again to bless or curse?) at night, and my skin is looking hydrated and happy again. And the light scent is not a migraine trigger. YAY! So then I looked up the price, and...BOO. Precious Precious...could you be mine for less than an arm and a leg for my face?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by jacrodriguez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Creme de Lamer for Years and loved it but it us getting too expensive for me to maintain. So I had to look for another cream that worked as well, or even better. I researched and tried different brands but unfortunately failed and wasted a lot of money until I came across this cream. I was actually interested with the Precious Cream but the SA said that this was better. Precious cream was ok but i wasn't wowed by it. It was just like any other moisturizer that gave moisture while on my skin but didn't give any special effect on my face. I asked for testers of both and compared it for a week each and she was right. So I got a whole jar of the VPC and I was so happy I did! The Very Precious Cream moisturized my skin very well without being too greasy or heavy, my skin is bright, smooth and my pores are smaller. I wake up with glowing skin and it lessened my blemishes and calmed my up coming breakouts before they even erupt! Which is a plus. Can't say much about how it combats the fine lines and wrinkles yet though cause I don't have much. Exept around the eyes. Still yet to observe that. It is also less expensive with more product. I only use a little and it spreads easily all over my face and neck so a whole jar lasts me up to 8months or more. The scent is not so overwhelming too. Edit: L'Occitane had discontinued this! They said it's now the Precious Night Cream. SA kept on convincing me it's the same product but researched on it and it is not. Changed some of the ingredients I think. Too bad. I really liked it. Well, going back to my CDL then.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Writer_Girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has become my HG moisturizer. I just LOVE it! Immortelle is an evergreen shrub (herb) with aromatic leaves and small button-like flowers. Its therapeutic properties in skincare are that of it being anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, and astringent. It promotes new cell growth and also has good antioxidant qualities.

The cream has a slight dry hay or dry flower smell, which I don't like, but it's very mild and doesn't last too long (up to 30 minutes?). It's very rich, but soaks right in to my combination dehydrated skin. My skin is smoother, with less lines, fresh looking, and it doesn't break me out. In fact, it has helped my skin to NOT break out.

I was never that great with my skin care regimen (even though I'm in my mid-40s), but this product actually makes me WANT to wash, tone (Mario Badescu products) and hydrate my skin with this. I am so amazed by this cream! I keep looking for break outs and there's nothing there! And my skin seems to be hydrated for the first time in years (no more flakes of skin), yet this product doesn't make my T-zone area oily.

It's fairly expensive and I use a fair amount to cover my face and neck, but will definitely buy again and never be without it. Highly recommend.

UPDATE: After many years, I no longer have dehydrated skin after using this product daily!!! I've even had compliments on my skin - and that's a first. No breakouts and a lot less blackheads. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS STUFF!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by chob92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Goes on a treat, feels amazing when you put it on. I have noticed that my skin feels smoother but it may be just the effect of putting such a expensive cream on. Love the packaging and the metallic look. No overwhelming scent, easy to put on, non-greasy and dosesnt make me break out in pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by kailanbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Previously, I have been using the Immortelle very precious cream for the last 2 years. I got bored and wanted to try something else. I would buy this again too for its anti-aging benefits. My freckles have lightened A LOT since i started using it every night .. I used to go diving every wkend without using any sunblock - so u can imagine what kind of damaged i have done to my skin! This cream doesnt feel heavy and has a nice scent. My nose is usually very sensitive to scents but it was ok with this one.
If u have to buy either one, I would probably recommend the immortelle very precious cream :) Btw, both come in jars, and i'm not particularly fond of dipping my fingers in there, but i do - making sure that my finger is clean and just dip it in once to get some product out.
With daily usage, a jar lasted me almost 1 year.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by askreverie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

After more than a mth's use, I can affirm this is my nightly beauty elixir. My skin has brightened and softened, which makes my complexion look much younger than the rest of me! It works subtly on tiny bumps on my forehead too. Thing is, I can only use a really small dab of this due to my small face and combination skin. A tiny dab goes a long way in seeing results. A must-buy, especially for those aged 30 onwards!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by supernatural

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very very very good night cream. The first morning, I woke up with non-irritated, brighter, smoother skin with no new breakouts. After the second night, my old acne spots looked slightly faded. How amazing!