December 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Forte - MD Forte Facial Lotion III

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Ann8929

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is smooth, creamy, and doesn't make my skin feel too "squeaky". I switched to this after using physical exfoliants for years because I wanted to start using a chemical exfoliant. I also use 0.025% Retin-A and have had no problem using both products together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Update: this worked wonders for me for a month, but after that i saw no improvements or changes so i will not repurchase.

I've been using this product for about a month after it was recommended on a blog for acne prone skin. I love it. My skin is so soft and smooth. Makeup now glides over my skin. It gives me the same results as going to the dermatologist for a series of microdermabrasions. I am prescribed duac and retin a, but this works 100 times better than either of those. I use retin a at night and this product in the morning. Sometimes I skip the retin a altogether since it does not work as well as this lotion. The directions state you can use this once or twice a day. I didn't have any irritation- well only a light tingle for about 3 seconds. I will repurchase once I run out. IMO it's expensive and you only get 2 ounces of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by kh1573

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

amazing!!!!! clears everything and doesnt cause any irritation. really good for people that have acne because too much UV rays

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by copanaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can I say. This product exceeded all my expectations. I wasn't expecting too much because I have been disappointed in the past with other products not delivering on their promises. It comes in a simple,understated packaging but does wonders on the skin for wrinkles, dark marks and rough skin. I have seen amazing results and I am beyond satisfied. I no longer wear foundation. I use it at night as the glycolic acid is too high for daytime. I recommended starting with the Lotion 1 or 2 before jumping to Lotion 3. This will give the skin sometime to adjust. I also like the cream but find that the lotion goes on more fluidly on my skin. They both deliver great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Marya71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given the glycolic cream III by my dermatologist to help with red acne scars. I have to say it has done an amazing job when used in combination with Differin gel. However, in the summer months the cream does tend to make my skin more oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Only 2 fl oz for $50 is my main complaint! But, if you want buttery soft, well exfoliated skin, this is the product for you. This exfoliates better than a physical one ever could. With a high percentage of glycolic acid, be careful starting off. This actually abraded my skin, leaving open small wounds. After my skin got more used to the potent formulation, it started looking much better than before. I was having problems with marks that I left on my face from a serious picking session and hormonal acne and now the marks are much improved. It took two months, but I think without this lotion the process would have been much longer. Now I don't have to wear full cover concealer over the marks. Also, I haven't broken out since I started using this stuff. Extractions are much easier, too. I had a problem with whiteheads that got harder to extract with the MD Forte Facial Wash. I think the Facial Wash has something in it where if I leave it on my face for too long my pores clog. Not with this lotion. Of course I still get the occasional closed clogged pore, but with continued use of the lotion, I just steam the clogged pore for a minute with a hot washcloth and extract that sucker. I highly recommend this lotion for people who want exfoliation, reduced marks left behind by acne. I still have sunspots and this is not a miracle product for them, but I haven't found a product that gets rid of those. I might have to laser those off. But for now, while I'm young and poor, I'll stick with this little miracle worker. My boyfriend always comments on how soft my skin is! Try it, you won't believe how soft your skin will get! Oh. It kinda sucks that your skin gets a little sticky after application-- but I use this at night so it's no biggie.
EDIT: great thing about this product is that it layers well with other products for nighttime. I use it under my retinol cream and my fade cream for my sunspots. Many times AHA are added to creams to make active ingredients work better, so this is my version. So far it seems to work well. I don't mix benzoyl peroxide and AHA-- I've heard that they inactivate each other.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! After trying various percentages of glycolic acid products, this is, by far the strongest. But it works...and this is how I did it.

I have fair, prone-to- redness, clogged pores and breakouts (including the stress-induced cyst at times), sometimes sensitive skin. I currently use Retin-A gel in the .01 and .025 strengths for anti-aging and clear skin...but over the last few months, I was a slacker. Going to bed with makeup on, a few glasses of wine, the "what the heck?" syndrome. What a moron!

Then the "You have to be good to yourself" stuff started kicking in. Ha. 12 Steps. Floss and brush before bed. Say the "Serenity Prayer" even if you don't mean it. Get your dang hair cut---it looks like crap! What the heck? If you are too tired to do the cleansing "routine" before bed, then do it earlier! Eat right.

Even though I now use the MD Forte Level III cleanser (after a Fancl MCO oil cleanse), this particular product works as well as the glycolic treatment I get from esthetician! Pores and under-the-skin bumps clear like nobody's business!

HOWEVER--The first time I used this, I used directly after my pm cleansing and left on. Figured that my Retin-A use made my skin tolerant. FAIL.Woke up to red, irritated skin that later started super flaking.

Had to use a triple antibiotic ointment to calm my skin. But about two days later, the havoc wreaked upon my skin from trying to be the perfect person during the holiday (stressful) madness was much improved. Under skin bumps lessened...pores much cleaner.

So...what to do?

Solution: use this *excellent glycolic* as my esthetician, who actually cares about my skin, does: one/week apply for about 15 minutes (using a fan to cool the tingling sensation if necessary), rinse, and apply a hydrating moisturizer. I really am in love with MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant lotion. I layer a bit of the antibiotic ointment if necessay to heal. I use the antibiotic ointment treatment as it was suggested by my derm when I had a TCA peel ages ago. Voila! Skin is not red, but the glycolic acids do their work. Glowing, de-flaked skin. Maybe a hint of dryness, but nothing a bit of moisturizer can't fix. If it was worse than this, I wouldn't go for it!

The MD Forte III really adds some extra power to my Retin-A routine by removing the surface flakes without irritation. Maybe younger, more tolerant skins can take this as a leave-on, but if you are curious-yet-hesitant, the above is a good way to start and gauge how your skin reacts to high glycolic levels. Bon chance! Highly recommend.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by justforfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using Paula’s Choice 2% Liquid AHA up until November and unfortunately, this product worsened my skin. Paula’s Choice has great customer service, though, and they refunded me without any questions. After reading all the rave reviews, I decided to order some products from MD Forte. I used their Facial Cleanser II and Facial Lotion II three years ago, but I stopped because “natural” and “organic” was all the rage and I was advised to stop using ‘harsh’ chemicals on my skin. I believe that was a huge mistake because I can remember telling my friends to purchase from MD Forte because I was so happy with the results back then.

So, I ordered from skinstore and used the 20% off coupon that a few reviewers had mentioned (thanks! it worked!). On Christmas Eve, I received my products: Glycare Cleansing Gel, Glycare Perfection Gel, Glycare II, Replenish Hydrating Cream, Facial Lotion III and the Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-masque. With the overnight shipping and tax, I think it came to around $115 or something, which is pretty good if you ask me. That day, I began the regimen for my oily/acne prone skin which can be found here: http://www.skincare-md.com/index.cfm?event=mdforteregimen (you can find the regimen for your skin type) and also used the mask for 15 minutes after cleansing. I should add, however, that this regimen is not advised by MD Forte, but by skinstore, and MD Forte advises that you develop a regimen with your physician or dermatologist – and for good reason too! The first week was like hell for my skin. There was A LOT of purging: my skin was very tingly, the glycare perfection gel, in particular, gave me a burning sensation for the first few days, and I got 4-7 hard pimples on my face (when I usually have 2-3 smaller and manageable ones). However, the first day I used it my mom said that my skin looked better so I think that the mask worked very well and the replenish hydrating cream made my skin velvety smooth. So, purging is to be expected with this regimen, however, if you were using MD Forte II products before, I don’t think it will be as bad. The only reason I went straight to Level III is because I used Jason’s 12% aha gel and PC’s 2% and my skin is very oily, so I thought it would be okay.

Anyway, this past Tuesday, it was officially the second week I had been doing the regimen and even before realizing that, I noticed how much more even my skin has gotten. My face is noticeably smoother, my pores are smaller and my skin tone is more even and I can only thank MD Forte for that. Also, one test I do to see how well the product is working is to do some whitehead extractions on my nose (the white stuff beneath your skin that you can’t really see) and there was a lot less white stuff that came out than before which means that the products are really exfoliating, deep cleansing and rejuvenating my skin. I am really excited to see the full results on week 6 or after the 2 month mark!! I have a lot of scarring and it is definitely fading, and even today my friend said that my makeup looked really good (which has EVERYTHING to do with the canvas you’re putting it on) and I noticed a lot more men looking too ;)

I was going to wait until after 6 weeks of using the products to write a review, but I am so pleased with the results so far that I want you all to know about it. If you have acne or oily skin, do yourself a favor and try MD Forte products and if you’re really gung ho, use the full line like me! It is winter, so using sunscreen is probably not as important as the summer, but you should still get in the habit of using a sunscreen if you are using these products. I use the Vichy 60 SPF (I know its a lot but its weather resistant to) – I put it on after the replenish hydrating cream, and then as a last step I use Cover FX primer before putting on my makeup (cover fx concealer).

Anyway, I will update this review in 4 weeks or if I happen to notice a big change in my skin before then.

P.S. For those who will also do the regimen or use MD forte products, I saw a tip on the website that said that you can do a few glycolic acid masks to speed up the skin renewal process and then you will get clearer skin faster. I definitely don’t have money for that, but to those of you who do, I suggest you talk to your derm about that.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by tituch123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this lotion!!! I've had oily, acne prone skin all my life and this is the only product that keeps it under control. My skin is smooth, no acne, and my pore size has diminished. A couple of years ago I discontinued this product due to finances. My skin went back to being awful -- full of acne and oily. I recently started using it again and I am pleased with the results. The step I and II of this lotion didn't work so well, but step III does it for me!! Highly recommend if you have oily and acne prone skin. Vary happy and hopefully this product will work for me for a long time :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by rosarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. I was concerned that it would be too harsh for my skin but I was fine. My skin is smooth and glowing now, especially when I combine this with Natura Bisse Top 10 Complex. I love the MD forte line, the cleanser is great also