Physicians Formula Physicians Formula Matte Quads - ALL

4.7

on 3/17/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I came across these in Canyon Classics while picking up powder in CVS and thought I'd give them a try - glad I did. As an older lady I just can't use shimmery/glittery eyeshadows anymore, but finding good quality truly matte ones (at any price) is like looking for that needle in the haystack. These are well pigmented and they last well for me over primer. I can use all 4 shades in this quad instead of only 1 or 2 too. All this for 7 bucks is like Woo Hoo party time. This was the last set my CVS had in this color combination or I'd go back today and buy another, since anything that works this well for me is sure to be discontinued immimently.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had this in Canyon Classics. Other eyeshadows would cause reactions to my eyes, including swelling and discoloration, so I didn't use eyeshadow for awhile. I then saw PF in Rite Aid, and noticed that their products seemed very upstanding concerning the ingredients. I have to say, I am VERY PLEASED. Although it is not organic, it is very healthy, no reactions, and very nice colors that last for an entire day without issues. I must say, I do love physicians formula. The products I have tried I am very impressed with, including the black container mascara (Lash boosting, I think?) and it went on beautifully, organic, and nice pigmentation without making my lashes crunchy or hard. Very easy to wash off, so stay out of water or guaranteed raccoon eyes, but it doesn't smudge and looks very natural- as if my blonde, average length lashes are that dark. I then tried the eyeshadow. Nice packaging, contains mirror and applicator. One shade is a bit too dark for my liking so I happen to not use it, but that doesn't deter me from reccommending it to every person on the planet. BECAUSE I AM SO IMPRESSED I will be trying the organic wear foundation, powder, and blush/ bronzer. You have sold me, PF!

on 11/14/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this on Canyon Classics and it is perfect for filling in brows. Very natural matte colours for brows. 3 shades of brown and a highlighter shade, would suit any hair colour. I am rating this as a brow product, not a shadow.

on 12/19/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like this product. I have the matte quad in Canyon Classics. It has shades similar to higher brands and work just as well, if not better. Because my skintone is olive, the two medium shades don't work too well (it just happens to be very similar to be skin color). The two shades are alright very similar to each other. I do like using them to fill my brows though. I really like the cream color. It works well as a highlight (and isn't shocking like how a white would be to my skin) and blends wonderfully. I absolutely adore the darkest shade. Works well as a liner shade or even in the crease. Honestly, without that darkest shade, I wouldn't be sure if I would repurchase this product again. However, because I love that shade so much (and I look when Physician's Formula goes on sale and/or has coupons), I would definitely buy this product again.

on 8/15/2011 10:35:00 PM

Absolutely love all four of the Quads I have. I have been using the Canyon Classics and the Nudes Quads for a few months and just got the Quartz and Metallic Quads. Very nicely pigmented and long lasting(I do always use a primer though). I hope these are not discontinued, they are such a bargain. I think there is a fifth Quad called Basics something or other that I saw online somewhere, might have been Amazon. Must try that one too!

on 4/7/2011 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just happened upon the Canyon Classics at CVS. This was the only PF Matte Quad they had. I would have bought the others if they were available. I used the Canyon quad for work today, and the color looks great. I used all four colors, all over, brow, crease, then the grey color as a liner. I am very pleased. It is nearly impossible to find truly matte eyeshadows, and these come in a coordinated quad, perfect! I am growing tired of all the shimmer we are supposed to be able to wear to work. We can't. Yeah PF!

on 1/21/2010 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have all of the Quads.. they are a true bargain. The mattes are really matte and apply smoothly with no fallout. I would compare the quality to MAC M2's . Very pigmented and the colors are easy to mix and match. The colors are perfectly natrual -- not the socked in the eye colors you get from other manufacturers.

The packaging is not the best but then you are not paying CD prices for packaging.

These ES Quads are perfect and I use them for myself and would recommend them to anyone.

on 1/15/2009 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have the one in classic nudes and i really like it !
the colors are really nice and they stay on for a long time too ~

on 7/29/2007 3:59:00 AM

Thanks to all the reviews on Physicians Formula matte eyeshadows, I've found my HG eyeshadows! These quads really are matte and beautiful colors. I hope they're never discontinued!

on 5/24/2007 1:21:00 AM

This is the best eyeshadow that I've run across so far. I have the 'quartz' quartet, and use it a couple of times a week. It's incredibly blendable, and three of the shades, (two dusky-rose pinks, and a light grey), look perfectly natural. The final shade, a deep grey, works well as an eyeliner. None of the colors are overly dramatic, and it gives eye-enhancing shading without that 'made up' look.

I like the packaging - It comes in a silver plastic case, with a little mirror on the inside. The silver case is a bit scratched up at this point, but despite many tumbles has yet to spill open.

The oddest thing is how long that I've had this - Despite using it almost daily, I'm just now finishing up two of the colors - and I've had it for at least two years. I'm not sure if it's just that only a tiny bit of powder comes off on the applicator each time, or if the compact is stuck in a time-warp, but either way, this is my must-have eyeshadow.