October 1, 2014 | 1461 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Physicians Formula Matte Quads - ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this on Canyon Classics and it is perfect for filling in brows. Very natural matte colours for brows. 3 shades of brown and a highlighter shade, would suit any hair colour. I am rating this as a brow product, not a shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I have the matte quad in Canyon Classics. It has shades similar to higher brands and work just as well, if not better. Because my skintone is olive, the two medium shades don't work too well (it just happens to be very similar to be skin color). The two shades are alright very similar to each other. I do like using them to fill my brows though. I really like the cream color. It works well as a highlight (and isn't shocking like how a white would be to my skin) and blends wonderfully. I absolutely adore the darkest shade. Works well as a liner shade or even in the crease. Honestly, without that darkest shade, I wouldn't be sure if I would repurchase this product again. However, because I love that shade so much (and I look when Physician's Formula goes on sale and/or has coupons), I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by easterdawn

Absolutely love all four of the Quads I have. I have been using the Canyon Classics and the Nudes Quads for a few months and just got the Quartz and Metallic Quads. Very nicely pigmented and long lasting(I do always use a primer though). I hope these are not discontinued, they are such a bargain. I think there is a fifth Quad called Basics something or other that I saw online somewhere, might have been Amazon. Must try that one too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by chemistrygal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just happened upon the Canyon Classics at CVS. This was the only PF Matte Quad they had. I would have bought the others if they were available. I used the Canyon quad for work today, and the color looks great. I used all four colors, all over, brow, crease, then the grey color as a liner. I am very pleased. It is nearly impossible to find truly matte eyeshadows, and these come in a coordinated quad, perfect! I am growing tired of all the shimmer we are supposed to be able to wear to work. We can't. Yeah PF!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have all of the Quads.. they are a true bargain. The mattes are really matte and apply smoothly with no fallout. I would compare the quality to MAC M2's . Very pigmented and the colors are easy to mix and match. The colors are perfectly natrual -- not the socked in the eye colors you get from other manufacturers.

The packaging is not the best but then you are not paying CD prices for packaging.

These ES Quads are perfect and I use them for myself and would recommend them to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by krnangel33

i have the one in classic nudes and i really like it !
the colors are really nice and they stay on for a long time too ~

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by msbuttercup

Thanks to all the reviews on Physicians Formula matte eyeshadows, I've found my HG eyeshadows! These quads really are matte and beautiful colors. I hope they're never discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by daybreaking

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eyeshadow that I've run across so far. I have the 'quartz' quartet, and use it a couple of times a week. It's incredibly blendable, and three of the shades, (two dusky-rose pinks, and a light grey), look perfectly natural. The final shade, a deep grey, works well as an eyeliner. None of the colors are overly dramatic, and it gives eye-enhancing shading without that 'made up' look.

I like the packaging - It comes in a silver plastic case, with a little mirror on the inside. The silver case is a bit scratched up at this point, but despite many tumbles has yet to spill open.

The oddest thing is how long that I've had this - Despite using it almost daily, I'm just now finishing up two of the colors - and I've had it for at least two years. I'm not sure if it's just that only a tiny bit of powder comes off on the applicator each time, or if the compact is stuck in a time-warp, but either way, this is my must-have eyeshadow.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have all four of these Physicians Formula quads, Classic Basics, Classics Nudes, Canyon Classics and Quartz Quartet. The beauty of these eyeshadows is that they are usable, neutral, well coordinated and matte. All of the colors can be useful for either eyeshadow(base, crease and highlighter), eyebrow powder and shadow liner. They are pretty blendable and natural looking on the eyes. I find I reach for these if I am in a hurry and need a no brainer approach to makeup. They look so much better ON than they do in the little silver cases(much less blah). I find the quality is as good as Lancome matte shadows and much less expensive. They are qreat for daytime, especially in the workplace, but can be dressed up for evenings. Matte eyeshadows are so hard to find in the drugstore. Higher sheen seems to be more popular, especially with the younger crowd, but it's nice to have options. You can't go wrong with these.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No