July 23, 2014 | 1261 users online

Treatments (Face) - Beyond Belief - Vita C Antioxidant Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The product I'm reviewing is called Beyond Belief Vita C+ Revitalize Face Serum (Sally Beauty Supply). I think it's a wonderful product at any price, but for $8.99 it's a fantastic product! This serum is refreshing, energizing, and softening. It makes my skin feel like silk, and my skin appears more even-toned. The Vitamin C appears to be the "stable" kind, plus this serum includes Salicylic acid for exfoliation, and peptides for plumping. The bottle is huge yet only 2 pumps covers my face and neck.

I bought this because, overall, I am really impressed with the skin care products at Sally Beauty. This product, in addition to the others in my routine, keeps my skin in great shape.

Ingredients:
WATER ,GLYCERIN ,ISOCETYL STEARATE ,BUTYLENE GLYCOL ,SORBITAN OLEATE ,POLYSORBATE 20 ,XANTHAN GUM ,CARBOMER ,FRAGRANCE ,SODIUM HYDROXIDE ,SALICYLIC ACID ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE ,TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE ,SORBIC ACID ,PANTHENOL ,CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT ,HYDROLYZED TOMATO SKIN ,GLUCOSAMINE HCL ,ALGAE EXTRACT ,YEAST EXTRACT ,CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT ,PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE ,PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 ,HYDROLYZED ALGIN ,DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRA ,PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) FRUIT EXTRACT ,ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT EXTRAC ,UREA ,LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,HEXYL CINNAMAL ,LIMONENE ,LINALOOL

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Nikiya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on reviews here and I am absolutely happy with it. Pleasant, easy to use, a little bit goes a long way and it leaves my skin soft and refreshed. I ordered the one I have over the internet and picked it up when in USA because I could not find it in the UK. Now I'd like to replace it but cannot order. I could buy it because I will be in USA for a day. Does anybody know where they stock it? Many thanks!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

This product is just as good as all the others from the vitamin C line. I use this after the creamy gel wash, I take a little (because a little goes a long way with the face serums) and rub it all over my face. This can be used day or night, and of your like me and you love the product- you use it twice a day. It smells wonderful- like crushed up pureed oranges. It feels good- its not sticky, or oily like other serums. It wilk dry after a few minutes so you so move to the next and apply the cream. Like the eye serum, I saw a change in my skin after about a week. My skin looked and felt so much more healthy, it felt soft to the touch, my akin tone was a lot more even, and the imperfections that I could see were slowly fading away. I have had skin that would turn red fairly quickly, because it was so fair, and I have had no problems with that at all since I have been using this product. It has helped so very much. I wilk be a forever customer for this entire line... Its not cheap after buying all 7 products in the line, but it wont break the bank like some of the other creams that give you empty promises. This one is a hit for sure, and I highly recommend you try it for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by meyer1228

My husband noticed how nice my skin has been looking since I've been using this product regularly. It has made my skin tone so much more even. I've got red marks from old acne and a few melasma spots which have diminished pretty significantly. I have no problems with breakouts in the colder weather, but in the summer I broke out on my chin when I use this product. You do have to gently press down on the top of the bottle or it comes out too fast. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this off a rec from the skin board. They hadn't realized it had been reformulated unfortunately. Whenever I tried to use this I got cystic acne.

Overall this was a cosmetically elegant formula. It wore very smooth under makeup and there was some skin brightening in the areas that got the acne. There wasn't an overly strong smell. I think it was the silicones in this product.

If you don't have an issues with silicones this would be worth a try as it is totally affordable and it would be a good opportunity to try a vitamin c serum.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this up until the point I realized this is designed for mature skin. Being a teenager I don't think it is necessary for me to have this apart of my skin-care routine. I use to use this a lot because it did soothe my skin really well and helped with the puffiness around my eyes. Plus I totally thought it brightened up my skin! So for those positive reasons I repurchased for like a year straight. Yeah, I went through a lot of bottles and the newer formula I didn't like as much. So, after the new formula came out I stopped purchasing. I would have gave this a tad higher rating if they didn't change the dang ingredients. I just don't like the scent as much and the texture is to watered down. I will say this - give my skin a good couple or so years (when this is much needed) and I'll retry this but for now I'll pass. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG, I haven't written a review on MUA for a LONG time! This is how much I love this product! I have melasma, and it lightened it about 3-4 shades! I no longer need to pile on the concealer and my skin is so smooth.

My pores are smaller and even the leftover hyperpigmentation on my chin from previous zits have almost completely cleared. This stuff is really amazing. It's been a WHILE since a serum or cream has done much for my skin... I've even tried RetinA and all it does it make my skin peel.

This stuff is only $10. I've already repurchased another bottle and started buying other Beyond Belief products because I'm so happy w/ my results. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product! I had tried a couple other Vitamin C serums and none made much of a difference in my skin. In fact one made my hyperpigmentation look worse. I am on my second bottle with this one right now. I have been using it for about six weeks and it has really made a big difference in the clarity and overall look and feel of my skin. I wear it under moisturizer during the day and will occasionally use it at night. Also adds a boost of hydration which I do need. My melasma spots are almost gone (thanks to this, lactic acid peels and a fade cream). No breakouts or clogged pores. It is around ten bucks at Sally's so easily attainable for me. I will buy this for sure again. The price is great and it actually gave me good results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by blueeyescppw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great stuff, especially for the price. I tried expensive C serums and making my own but I'm just too cheap and busy for both of those options right now. This is a great C serum at a very good price. Everyone is right about the pump, it releases way too much product and you have to cup your hand over the nozzle, but I just put it all over my face, neck, and chest where I have sun damage anyway. I'm on my second bottle and intend to repurchase...although I saw mentioned on the skin board recently that someone thought the formula has been changed. I hope this isn't true. I'll research it more and update here if I find anything. Luckily I have a full bottle of the "older" stuff for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just picked up my second bottle of this stuff. I needed a serum with antioxidents because my moisturizer doesn't have any in it. I have extremely sensitive skin & I can't use products with fragrance on my face because it causes irritation. This had a fragrance but it doesn't cause me any irritation. It goes on smooth and absorbs quickly. I will keep on buying.