October 21, 2014 | 935 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Origins - Plantidote Mega-Mushroom Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- way overpriced + no therapeutic effects that i can tell. 2 lippies b/c my skin didn't have a bad reaction, but the pads feel scratchy + the product doesn't make my skin feel better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the scariest makeup remover that I've ever used around my eyes. Like the majority of Origins skincare, it contains plant oils and extracts that I would never think of getting near my mucous membranes. There are 60 presoaked cotton pads -they look and feel like muslin - the one good thing is that they won't shred or fall apart easily. It takes quite a bit of wiping to get eyeliner and mascara off adequately, but I had to stop halfway through because my eyes started to water and feel a bit raw...it's funny how this product is marketed to actually reduce inflammation. I'm also surprised at how small the pads are considering the size of the jar. Not going back to these, but at least I tried them and satisfied my curiosity. I wouldn't recommend anyone to get this product - sensitive skin or not. ~~~INGREDIENTS: water * chamomile flower water * hexylene glycol * peg-4 * glycereth-5 lactate * peg-20 * yeast extract * glycerin * mushroom extract * ginger root extract * turmeric root extract * silybum marianum fruit extract * holy basil leaf extract * matricaria flower oil * sucrose (organic brown sugar) * sodium hyaluronate * phytosphingosine * dimethicone peg-7 phosphate * butylene glycol * disodium cocoamphodiacetate * pentylene glycol * sodium chloride * disodium edta * caprylyl glycol * phenoxyethanol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these! They remove ALL of my eye make-up with just a few swipes. I can use both the front and the back of the pad and it doesn't seep through. They aren't too harsh on my skin or eyelashes. They don't sting my eyes, but *almost* do - if that makes sense? They are very strong. I can see why people say these sting if they have sensitive skin or eyes. I took off a lippie because a container is $20 and I wish it came with more pads. Other than that, a terrific eye-make up remover & I'll buy it again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Trin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these. They don't sting my eyes like almost all other eye makeup removers do. They feel nice. I wish they were less expensive though. I also find that one pad works on both eyes for me. I will buy these again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. It cleans well and not scratchy, very wet and hydrates for dry skin.

Downside: it can irritate sensitive skin. It doesnt work well with the waterproof, it does remove some but not all the waterproof mascara. so I need to use the Fancl cleansing oil with this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought these would be a good choice, especially after reading the review below. I don't wear eye makeup too often; but when I do, after I remove it, my eyes are so irritated. I've been looking for a gentle remover that won't block my pores, break me out or leave a film.
First off, these pads are not that big, at least not what I was expecting. They're a little bigger then 2 inches across, 2.5 MAX, even though the jar is enormous. They're not greasy at all and they don't irritate my eyes. The skin AROUND my eyes, however; is a different story. After a few seconds of holding this to my closed eye, I get a warming sensation, on my skin. It doesn't hurt or burn, just very warm. Oh. There's no fragrance, which is nothing to brag about because these things smell like DIRT! I'm so upset because I've been waiting for this product for weeks.
When I first ordered, they were "Out of Stock", so Origins sent them separate. I will definitely finish them out because I already bought them and they really do work. I don't know if I'll repurchase or not. $20 for 60 pads? *sigh* I'm hoping I find something better, before these run out! LOL:)
UPDATE: Every time I use these, my eyes get more & more irritated by them! I thought maybe I'd build up a tolerance, but the irritation has only increased. I cannot continue to use them, which sucks for me because they KICK-BUTT at removing eye makeup! I wear waterproof eyeliner and top regular mascara with Clarins' Fix Mascara, which keeps it from budging! I put these up for swap and I will not swap them to anyone who has sensitive skin.
Just by looking at the ingredients, I knew better then to use these. Ginger, Turmeric, Basil--around the EYE AREA? What are they thinking? I know from experience, when taking Ginger internally, it warms the body and Turmeric is a primary ingredient in pain creams! I don't understand what's going on with Dr. Weil--does Origins even LOOK at the products he's putting their name on?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

I've been using Almay's oil-free pads for years and really like them, especially the smaller version which is perfect for travel. I'm also a huge Origins fan, although I haven't been that impressed with the other Plantidote products. I really wanted to try these out of sheer boredom. I'm a contact lens wearer. I don't remove them when taking off my eye mu so I can't use anything oily or irritating and most things leave a coating or gets into my eye and burns, leaves a film on my lenses, etc. Not these. They are almost perfect. The pads are very large...about 2 1/2 times larger than Almay's. They're made of a soft, 100% cotton thats not a bit scratchy. 1 pad removes all of the mu on both my eyes, so these will last about 2 months. I don't wear waterproof mu of any kind, so I can't speak if it removes more stubborn mu, but it completely removes my KA volumizing mascara with no problems at all. The scent is the usual plantidote...soft and herbal. But what I love most is how incredibly soothing these are on my eyes. Doesn't sting, burn, leave any film at all, make my eyes red, and feels cool and nourishing. I actually look forward to taking off my eyes now! My only complain is the wasteful packaging. The tub is much bigger than the pads. Would be better if they fit into the jar snuggly, leaving more room in my suitcase. They are also about 10 times more expensive than my Almay which I'm not happy about. But they make the skin around and my eyes feel soooo good, I'm going to have to keep buying them for sure.