Physicians Formula Plump Potion - Pink Potion

3.3

on 9/21/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this gloss, it has cinnamon and another chemical which has a cholinergic effect on cells, it stimulates your lips to swell, I put it over a rose color lipstick and since I'm 40 it gives me that youthful fresh lips, it is sticky but a little goes a long way, I just dab a dot on my lips and it does the job without the stickyness, the swelling and stickyness usually goes away but leaves your lips super smooth and moisturized, love my 16 yr old lips!! Woo :0o

on 8/27/2014 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like how this looks on the lips. It is not magic but it does have a slight plumping effect. I need a new one but can no longer find it in stores.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this lipgloss on and off for years. whenever I remember to use it or actually care about trying to have "plump lips," I go to this. it makes my lips really nice and like I maybe I had work done on them! I've tried the Victoria's Secret ones, and no other ones really. so far PF is my favorite. I like the sparkle ones the most. ❤️

on 2/27/2012 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this lip gloss. Lately, I have been trying many different ones that are so so to me. I bought this one at riteaid because I had +up rewards from last week. It was 9.45 I think. I liked the idea of the plumper in the gloss so I said, what the heck and gave it a go. First off, I know some people do not like the thickness of this gloss but I LOVE it. I have dry lips and when I use the thinner glosses, my lips tend to just soak up all the moisture resulting in the color becoming flaky and gross looking. This gloss is thick and luscious! Went on so smooth (I put it on initially about an hour ago and I can still feel it on my lips moisturizing). As for the plumping power, yeah it tingles and burns and it does seem to make them look a tad bit puffier. Overall I loooove this product and will be going back to try other colors! The pink potion is a perfect pink color for my skin tone!

on 7/19/2011 9:36:00 PM

The Plump Potions are soooo sticky! I had such high hopes for this product because I really like PF brand. I bought it at CVS when they had PF brand on sale for buy one get one half off. I bought this color and the Nude Potion color. My hair would get stuck to my lips after I applied this. The smell is not so great but I didn't really mind it because it went away after a while. The plumping part stung my lips a little and I didn't notice a huge difference. My lips are kinda full to begin with and I just liked the color. It's a beautiful gloss with pink shimmer but I ended up throwing it away because I couldn't stand the thickness or stickiness of it. The packaging is cute and sturdy just like most of their other products. It comes with a wand brush that I like but since it's so thick, it was hard to glide on my lips. If PF would remake this to a thinner formula, I would consider to keep using it but I wouldn't purchase this again no matter how much I like the color. It really felt like I had honey on my lips but a bad smelling, really pretty shade, stinging form of honey!

on 4/13/2011 11:10:00 AM

I purchased this in Pink Potion when my local drugstore was having a 40% off sale on all PF products. It does make my lips feel nice, and it's more clear on me than actually pink. However, the smell bothers me so much it actually makes my stomach hurt....and it doesn't seem to fade. I actually had to stop what I was doing to remove the gloss about 30 minutes after applying. It reminds me of one of those tingly tanning lotions I used back in my 20s when I was still silly enough to get into a tanning bed. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take it back. One reviewer added peppermint oil to her bottle and that seemed to help. I'm not sure I love this enough to go through the trouble, though.

on 12/2/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am currently using Crystal Pink @ work... the pink frost looks scarily opaque in the tube but (thankfully) it is SUPER-sheer - gives lips a little bit of frosty shimmer but *very* transparent. Without the shimmer it would look just like Clear Potion, which is my favorite...

Love this gloss! It plumps & keeps my lips moisturized & shiny for ENDLESS hrs & even through eating & drinking... yes, that's what I said: eating & drinking. I hope this gloss will always be available.

The medicinal smell dissipates shortly after application & just a tiny dab is needed - I wiping off at least 1/2 product from the brush on the inner rim of the tube to remove excess. I swipe this on my lower lip & press lips together to spread. Lasts all day! And the tube lasts a really long time. Worth the $10 price tag (I never find these on sale).

on 11/4/2010 2:05:00 PM

Physicians Formula usually produces products that do what the packaging indicates. The Plump Potion (Pink Crystal Potion) did not plump my lips, but may have give the illusion of appearing fuller with a lot of sparkles and a nice pink color. The tingly sensation is kind of nice, but it does not have a pleasant smell and do not expect a nice fruity taste. I paid a little over $10 and it did not provide any physical plumping per the packaging quote of 'instant results in 60 seconds!', nor did it plump in 10 minutes. In fact, within about 20 minutes of going about my regular everyday activity, all that glitters was gone. Take a picture - it lasts longer!!! If you want to pay for a half-hour-at-a-time sticky glitter goo - then you will love this product. But I will not buy it again.

LOVE the way my lips look with this product! I don't know if the color has anything to do with it (pink potion) but am going to try a different one next time just to see. But for the price this is a must have for those looking to plump and brighten up their smiles. My only caveat would be that it's a 'little' on the sticky side. But not bad - have used worse...

on 5/5/2010 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love the color and the shine of this product. The smell is a little strange but it only smells on application and I can't taste it or notice it when its on my lips. It leaves a slight tingling, but more pleasant and not as uncomfortable as other plumpers I've tried. I live in a very dry climate and this made my lips softer and the shine is great. My lips did look slightly larger, and I have really small lips so that is a plus. It is pretty expensive for the amount you get but if the price goes down I would buy it again for sure.