April 25, 2014 | 1102 users online

Lip Gloss - Physicians Formula - Plump Potion - Pink Potion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Ferraro22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this lip gloss. Lately, I have been trying many different ones that are so so to me. I bought this one at riteaid because I had +up rewards from last week. It was 9.45 I think. I liked the idea of the plumper in the gloss so I said, what the heck and gave it a go. First off, I know some people do not like the thickness of this gloss but I LOVE it. I have dry lips and when I use the thinner glosses, my lips tend to just soak up all the moisture resulting in the color becoming flaky and gross looking. This gloss is thick and luscious! Went on so smooth (I put it on initially about an hour ago and I can still feel it on my lips moisturizing). As for the plumping power, yeah it tingles and burns and it does seem to make them look a tad bit puffier. Overall I loooove this product and will be going back to try other colors! The pink potion is a perfect pink color for my skin tone!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by MistyRiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Plump Potions are soooo sticky! I had such high hopes for this product because I really like PF brand. I bought it at CVS when they had PF brand on sale for buy one get one half off. I bought this color and the Nude Potion color. My hair would get stuck to my lips after I applied this. The smell is not so great but I didn't really mind it because it went away after a while. The plumping part stung my lips a little and I didn't notice a huge difference. My lips are kinda full to begin with and I just liked the color. It's a beautiful gloss with pink shimmer but I ended up throwing it away because I couldn't stand the thickness or stickiness of it. The packaging is cute and sturdy just like most of their other products. It comes with a wand brush that I like but since it's so thick, it was hard to glide on my lips. If PF would remake this to a thinner formula, I would consider to keep using it but I wouldn't purchase this again no matter how much I like the color. It really felt like I had honey on my lips but a bad smelling, really pretty shade, stinging form of honey!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by dailybliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in Pink Potion when my local drugstore was having a 40% off sale on all PF products. It does make my lips feel nice, and it's more clear on me than actually pink. However, the smell bothers me so much it actually makes my stomach hurt....and it doesn't seem to fade. I actually had to stop what I was doing to remove the gloss about 30 minutes after applying. It reminds me of one of those tingly tanning lotions I used back in my 20s when I was still silly enough to get into a tanning bed. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take it back. One reviewer added peppermint oil to her bottle and that seemed to help. I'm not sure I love this enough to go through the trouble, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am currently using Crystal Pink @ work... the pink frost looks scarily opaque in the tube but (thankfully) it is SUPER-sheer - gives lips a little bit of frosty shimmer but *very* transparent. Without the shimmer it would look just like Clear Potion, which is my favorite...

Love this gloss! It plumps & keeps my lips moisturized & shiny for ENDLESS hrs & even through eating & drinking... yes, that's what I said: eating & drinking. I hope this gloss will always be available.

The medicinal smell dissipates shortly after application & just a tiny dab is needed - I wiping off at least 1/2 product from the brush on the inner rim of the tube to remove excess. I swipe this on my lower lip & press lips together to spread. Lasts all day! And the tube lasts a really long time. Worth the $10 price tag (I never find these on sale).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by premiumoats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Physicians Formula usually produces products that do what the packaging indicates. The Plump Potion (Pink Crystal Potion) did not plump my lips, but may have give the illusion of appearing fuller with a lot of sparkles and a nice pink color. The tingly sensation is kind of nice, but it does not have a pleasant smell and do not expect a nice fruity taste. I paid a little over $10 and it did not provide any physical plumping per the packaging quote of 'instant results in 60 seconds!', nor did it plump in 10 minutes. In fact, within about 20 minutes of going about my regular everyday activity, all that glitters was gone. Take a picture - it lasts longer!!! If you want to pay for a half-hour-at-a-time sticky glitter goo - then you will love this product. But I will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by michelgillett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE the way my lips look with this product! I don't know if the color has anything to do with it (pink potion) but am going to try a different one next time just to see. But for the price this is a must have for those looking to plump and brighten up their smiles. My only caveat would be that it's a 'little' on the sticky side. But not bad - have used worse...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by snowpetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the color and the shine of this product. The smell is a little strange but it only smells on application and I can't taste it or notice it when its on my lips. It leaves a slight tingling, but more pleasant and not as uncomfortable as other plumpers I've tried. I live in a very dry climate and this made my lips softer and the shine is great. My lips did look slightly larger, and I have really small lips so that is a plus. It is pretty expensive for the amount you get but if the price goes down I would buy it again for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by SugarDanish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for $9.99 and I think I got ripped off. First off, the SMELL! oh my GOD! It smells awful...I can't even pin point what it is, but it's bad. However, I added some peppermint oil so now it's just peppermint smelling. Much better. The colour shows up fairly sheer. I think the colour is supposed to make your lips look bigger, there's some tingling, but I wouldn't repurchase again. Waste of money, but I'll use it until it's gone. Plus they use way too much packaging, not good for the environment.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got an awesome deal on this, 2.99 clearanced at rite aid.
I think it plumps ok, its not like a WOW effect, but it does plump somewhat. I think it might be as good as lipfusion, which i also have. The only thing i dont like about this is the overly bulky packaging. Ok, you really dont get a ton of product, but the packaging just makes it seem like you get alot.
Didnt make my lips burn, it basically felt the same way for me that lipfusion does, kind of like a weird warm tingly feeling but not much more than that. The color was also o.k. It shows up clear on me.
If i found it again for such a low price, id re-buy it. And i probably will since it is getting discontinued and we'll probably see it soon at discount stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by leleethe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product cheap online, mostly because of the colour of the photos I'd seen (I've been looking for a pale pink gloss for ages), and partly because I liked the look of the packaging. When I received it, it wasn't the pale pink that I'd seen in the pictures, but more of a pale apricot colour. I was also surprised how huge the container is - much larger than my Smashbox gloss, and that contains twice the amount of product. Still, while having such a large container doesn't make it very practical for carrying around in a small bag, the packaging quality is good and the wand is very comfortable to hold when applying the gloss.

I opened the package with more than a little trepidation, due to all the reviews saying how awful it smells, but, while it does smell rather strange, I didn't find it particularly offensive. I even thought I caught a hint of vanilla, as if they were trying to mask the smell of the other ingredients (although it didn't really work).

The gloss is rather thick, but not sticky, and although there was a very slight stinging sensation, it was more of a 'cold' feeling that I experienced, which lasted at least 15 minutes after I applied it. I must have got a bit of the gloss on the skin above my top lip, because that stung a little, and became a bit red (I have very sensitive skin), but I was more careful with subsequent applications.

I really liked the amount of shine it gave my lips, and I think it may have had a tiny plumping effect, but that disappeared fairly quickly. It made them look a smooth, very shiny, natural pink, with a little bit of shimmer, and the shine lasted much longer than other glosses I've tried.

Overall I'm quite happy with this product, and if I found it again for a similar price, I'd probably repurchase, but for the amount you get, I wouldn't pay the RRP for it.