November 28, 2014 | 1035 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Transparent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 6:30:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For 16 L-O-N-G years I have been looking for my HG YSL lipstick "Prismatic Purple" to no avail. Recently I was trolling ebay and thought to look up YSL colors. Lo and behold!! I spent a fortune (even on ebay) to try YSL Rouge Pur Transparent #25 "Black Tulip" and it was a lovely surprise!! This color is almost 100% what I was looking for. I love the deep grape lip look. It isn't heavily pigmented (therefore the Transparent) so it's not "The Joker". In fact, it's very sheer and can be built up for more color intensity. I love the contrast of my very pale cool toned skin with the purply lip. I offset this with pink blush and very little mascara on my green eyes and I'm happy. This is not quite as glossy as Prismatic Purple but for me that's a good thing since I never use a mirror and used to end up with lipstick all over if I wasn't careful! I just bought another one in case this ends up being discontinued. I also really like the YSL lipcolor flavors. Someone said it's "tea rose" which I can't confirm or deny BUT I like it! Also love the glam packaging...looks nicer to apply lipcolor from a gold case than a clear drugstore one. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Love it! I have it in Marbled Gold(??) which looked orange in the tube and freaked me the hell out when the Beauty Consultant began brandishing it at me, but I was pleasantly surprised when I looked in the mirror and saw a lovely golden red color. I use it all the time for evening, and Givenchy lipstick for day. I have the matching orange-y lip gloss and together, they look just gorgeous(=
Would def. buy again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells exactly like bug spray to me. I can't get near it. Respectfully submitted, colormepink

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 11:33:00 AM More reviews by blacky219

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it makes good healthy looking lips. feels and looks light enough that you may almost say that you do not wear any lipstick.

i have #3 and #26 and love them both. especially #3 is my all time favorite. i can wear it without makeup, and it gives instant glow on my face. it makes your skintone look clean and bright somehow. i love this and will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2005 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Simply_beautiful

This lipstick has everything i could ask for! Beautiful colours, gorgeous packaging, moisturising and SPF.My favourite is No.21 -Amethyst reflection, a beautiful mauve pink with glossy finish that makes my whole face glow! It has very good staying power considering it is a transparent lipstick with glossy finish. I recently bought 3 of my favourite colour as this range is unfortunately discontinued..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Rouge Pur Transparent SPF 8 lipstick in #5 Exquisite Plum is a very beautiful plum YLBB color, great with my MAC NC15/20 coloring--I love it. Plus, it has the most gorgeous case!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 10:16:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

my first ever yves saint laurant cosmetic item...i got this in #25 and though it loox super scary on the tube (almost Black looking)...it actually comes off sheerer...its a plum color but on my MMM w/ yellow undertones,C40/C5.....it kinda made me look blahh...i have a hard time pulling off plum but when i blotted it off lightly with a tissue, it looked pretty against my pigmented lips..but anyways...what makes me want to buy a lipstick is the color deliverance,texture and overall "feel" of it in my lips...and i was quite happy with this (esp. w/ the creamy/moisturous texture!)....if i can find a nice pinky-peach shade...i will definitely get another one of these baby's!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2004 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Snowwhitie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favourites - wonderful colours, outstanding quality, not too sheer - I simply love it! What's more, the design of this lipstick is so beautiful that I would like to have all the shades! The only drawback is the price - quite expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by monologist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its packaging, scent and feeling on my lips are too lovely that I have to own it! High quanlity as always, light-weighted, sheer, smooth... however, the shades are not very outstanding and it's a bit expensive just like other YSL makeups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2004 12:45:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favourite transparent lipsticks. Light textured, but anyway well pigmented, very nice colors and (surprisingly for a sheer, transparent lipsticks) - very good staying power.