mark Powder Buff powder foundation

3.9

Mica, Nylon-12, Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Stearate, Benzophenone-3, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Kaolin, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Squalane, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Methicone Crosspolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Methicone, Lauryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc PCA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My new favorite foundation. I compared this with a $40 foundation and liked this better. Also, Avon is cruelty-free!

on 4/21/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So many wonderful review so I bought it.
Big problem I always have with Mark (Avon) is that they do not provide a very good matching system for ordering any type of foundation on line. The website does not even allow to magnify or zoom in the color so I have kept a paper brochure for reference against what's online and it's still a guessing game.
The compact has a great full size mirror and the sponge in the compartment below.
The powder is creamy and it did not settle on my nose pores!
I think that you can truly use it as a powder foundation, which sometimes end up being no more than setting powders
My problem of course was the color- I have Light 3-sometimes it turns a little yellow or oxidise on my skin especially on the hollows of my cheeks. I am an NW20, 15 in MAC
I will try another color when I am ready to buy more than one item from them because the shipping can be hefty for me

on 1/13/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh my god what have I wasted 15 dollars on. I received this in the color Very Light 2, thinking that it might be a little too light, but I bronze up so it'll be okay. WRONG. This color was 3 shades too dark! It leaned towards a buff beige shade, which is rediculous since there was only 1 lighter option available.

On to the even worse part. When this goes onto your face, it highlights every possible pore, hole, wrinkle and line on your face, and cakes up, making it impossible to see any normal skin movement underneath. The cakiest piece of crap I've ever bought.

BTW, I am an avon representative, so I am not lying when I say this is bad. If you like avon and want the good stuff, get the ideal flawless translucent powder. Covers lines and imperfections like a dream, not like this mark nightmare.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

CAKEY!!!! REALLY REALLY CAKEY! And when I put it on my face Im WHITE WHITE and then eventually it turns into a Orange shade...blahhhh

on 7/13/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Powder foundation is the easiest and fastest to use in my opinion, but I usuallyend up looking chalky or caked-up. Not with this one! It went on smooth, minimized my pores, and looks matte/clean on my face. I don't feel a heavy powder-feel on my skin and facial oil is controlled for the most part. The price on Avon.com is good too, considering I have seen some powder foundations as high as $32! I will definitely buy again- I just hope it lasts awhile, considering I apply it with a foundation brush, not the enclosed sponge. I recommend always using a brush too!

on 5/28/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I tried this product on my quest for the holy grail of powder foundations: oil-free/non-comedonegenic, natural-looking, and long-lasting without breaking the bank. Unfortunately, this makeup isn't it. The product provides pretty good coverage and the colour match was fine (Ivory Skin), but the finish was quite disappointing. As is the case with so many powder/mineral foundations, the manufacturers have used some sort of emollient that makes it go on creamy, rather than matte. As a result, the makeup settles into pores and fine lines and looks cakey rather than natural. I have quite oily skin, and this product has terrible oil control; I needed to blot within an hour, even with a primer. In hot and humid weather, this makeup lasts about twenty minutes. It also caused me to break out in little bumps on my forehead, which the cakey finish only served to accentuate. I would tell anyone with oily skin to stay away from this foundation.

on 4/4/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a fantastic powder foundation! I"ve used many Aveda,MMU,Mac,Shiseido,Lancomeetc.and this is my favorite.
It has medium coverage, isn"t clogging or irritating and has a great selection of shades. Just recently they have added new shades so i think everyone would be able to find a good match.
I"ve repurchased this many times.

on 3/29/2012 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This powder foundation gives a light-to-medium coverage. An amazing finish, semi-matte & natural look. This is my third compact. I had a love hate relationship, why? BECAUSE IT HAS HORRIBLE OIL CONTROL. It would last about 2-3hs before sliding around and creasing. BUT I FOUND AN AMAZING SOLUTION that keeps it from creasing, sliding around or getting shinny and looking fresh all day. PONDS OIL BLEMISH CONTROL POWDER (have a review).It keeps it shine free and crease free for about 8hs :)

I a NC 25-30 I have shades BUFF(has more yellow) & NUDE.

on 2/23/2012 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff and I've tried so many powder foundations it's ridiculous- high to low and everything in between. I've got normal to dry skin, NC20 or so. I can use Ivory during the dead of winter and can also pull off Nude if I have any sort of tan left that year (natural or faux), and either Nude or Buff in summer depending on how dark I am. I usually apply this over my moisturizer, primer or BB cream. For heavier long-lasting coverage I use the puff they include, which is a nice thick spongey one like the MAC Studio Fix puff (the compact is the same style too, albeit a bit bulkier without the rounded edges but oh well). Applied this way gives an opaque finish but it's so finely milled it doesn't look chalky or like a mask like many so-called "cheap" brands do (even some higher-end brands *coughLauraGellercough*). I buff it in well though, just to be sure I get the most natural, seamless finish possible. Does not seem to oxidize and doesn't have a heavy or 'tight' feel, nor does it seem to sink into fine lines; it just kind of melds in which is an unexpectedly wonderful thing for a powder foundation. I do not notice any shimmer, but it's also not entirely flat if that makes sense.
For a softer, lighter finish that is not as opaque but still enough to even things out, I use a brush to apply. Either way really minimizes my pores, controls my t-zone and doesn't require major touch up; I only use a blotting sheet if I need to. Does not cause me breakouts, additional dryness or sensitivity either. I'm highly impressed with it even years after I first tried it and honestly, I never expected much because I don't have good luck with Mark's other foundations. I've repurchased this probably half a dozen times now and keep coming back after straying to 'fancier' brands which only make me like this more after they fail and just look horrible on me. If you prefer powder foundations and want a cheaper, and for some of us a better, alternative than Studio Fix (which looked a lot more chalky on me than this ever does), give it a try. Not everyone will agree of course but at the price it's worth a go and they give prompt refunds if you aren't happy with it, no questions asked. I'm happy this is still around! *Note that this does NOT contain Bismuth Oxychloride although it says it "may contain" on their website. If it did, I could not wear it as I am highly allergic to it so I know immediately if anything on my face has it. It also has no Talc, which is nice.

on 12/30/2011 7:03:00 PM

This is very similar to mac's studio fix foundation in that it offers great coverage and feels really light. The price makes it worth trying being 12 dollars vs. mac's 26+ dollars, though i think mac also changed the pricing. it controls oil pretty well and hasn't caused any breakouts, but the coloring does sort of suck. im an nc40 and golden looked like i rubbed turd all over my face and honey, while in the pan looked yellow, pulled pink on my face. still, great product if u find the right shade.