October 30, 2014 | 1563 users online

Powder - mark - Powder Buff powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my god what have I wasted 15 dollars on. I received this in the color Very Light 2, thinking that it might be a little too light, but I bronze up so it'll be okay. WRONG. This color was 3 shades too dark! It leaned towards a buff beige shade, which is rediculous since there was only 1 lighter option available.

On to the even worse part. When this goes onto your face, it highlights every possible pore, hole, wrinkle and line on your face, and cakes up, making it impossible to see any normal skin movement underneath. The cakiest piece of crap I've ever bought.

BTW, I am an avon representative, so I am not lying when I say this is bad. If you like avon and want the good stuff, get the ideal flawless translucent powder. Covers lines and imperfections like a dream, not like this mark nightmare.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by blackpoppy26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

CAKEY!!!! REALLY REALLY CAKEY! And when I put it on my face Im WHITE WHITE and then eventually it turns into a Orange shade...blahhhh

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by queenmel561

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Powder foundation is the easiest and fastest to use in my opinion, but I usuallyend up looking chalky or caked-up. Not with this one! It went on smooth, minimized my pores, and looks matte/clean on my face. I don't feel a heavy powder-feel on my skin and facial oil is controlled for the most part. The price on Avon.com is good too, considering I have seen some powder foundations as high as $32! I will definitely buy again- I just hope it lasts awhile, considering I apply it with a foundation brush, not the enclosed sponge. I recommend always using a brush too!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by gaucho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product on my quest for the holy grail of powder foundations: oil-free/non-comedonegenic, natural-looking, and long-lasting without breaking the bank. Unfortunately, this makeup isn't it. The product provides pretty good coverage and the colour match was fine (Ivory Skin), but the finish was quite disappointing. As is the case with so many powder/mineral foundations, the manufacturers have used some sort of emollient that makes it go on creamy, rather than matte. As a result, the makeup settles into pores and fine lines and looks cakey rather than natural. I have quite oily skin, and this product has terrible oil control; I needed to blot within an hour, even with a primer. In hot and humid weather, this makeup lasts about twenty minutes. It also caused me to break out in little bumps on my forehead, which the cakey finish only served to accentuate. I would tell anyone with oily skin to stay away from this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by karenpetrie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic powder foundation! I"ve used many Aveda,MMU,Mac,Shiseido,Lancomeetc.and this is my favorite.
It has medium coverage, isn"t clogging or irritating and has a great selection of shades. Just recently they have added new shades so i think everyone would be able to find a good match.
I"ve repurchased this many times.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by XXMEMEXX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation gives a light-to-medium coverage. An amazing finish, semi-matte & natural look. This is my third compact. I had a love hate relationship, why? BECAUSE IT HAS HORRIBLE OIL CONTROL. It would last about 2-3hs before sliding around and creasing. BUT I FOUND AN AMAZING SOLUTION that keeps it from creasing, sliding around or getting shinny and looking fresh all day. PONDS OIL BLEMISH CONTROL POWDER (have a review).It keeps it shine free and crease free for about 8hs :)

I a NC 25-30 I have shades BUFF(has more yellow) & NUDE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff and I've tried so many powder foundations it's ridiculous- high to low and everything in between. I've got normal to dry skin, NC20 or so. I can use Ivory during the dead of winter and can also pull off Nude if I have any sort of tan left that year (natural or faux), and either Nude or Buff in summer depending on how dark I am. I usually apply this over my moisturizer, primer or BB cream. For heavier long-lasting coverage I use the puff they include, which is a nice thick spongey one like the MAC Studio Fix puff (the compact is the same style too, albeit a bit bulkier without the rounded edges but oh well). Applied this way gives an opaque finish but it's so finely milled it doesn't look chalky or like a mask like many so-called "cheap" brands do (even some higher-end brands *coughLauraGellercough*). I buff it in well though, just to be sure I get the most natural, seamless finish possible. Does not seem to oxidize and doesn't have a heavy or 'tight' feel, nor does it seem to sink into fine lines; it just kind of melds in which is an unexpectedly wonderful thing for a powder foundation. I do not notice any shimmer, but it's also not entirely flat if that makes sense.
For a softer, lighter finish that is not as opaque but still enough to even things out, I use a brush to apply. Either way really minimizes my pores, controls my t-zone and doesn't require major touch up; I only use a blotting sheet if I need to. Does not cause me breakouts, additional dryness or sensitivity either. I'm highly impressed with it even years after I first tried it and honestly, I never expected much because I don't have good luck with Mark's other foundations. I've repurchased this probably half a dozen times now and keep coming back after straying to 'fancier' brands which only make me like this more after they fail and just look horrible on me. If you prefer powder foundations and want a cheaper, and for some of us a better, alternative than Studio Fix (which looked a lot more chalky on me than this ever does), give it a try. Not everyone will agree of course but at the price it's worth a go and they give prompt refunds if you aren't happy with it, no questions asked. I'm happy this is still around! *Note that this does NOT contain Bismuth Oxychloride although it says it "may contain" on their website. If it did, I could not wear it as I am highly allergic to it so I know immediately if anything on my face has it. It also has no Talc, which is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

This is very similar to mac's studio fix foundation in that it offers great coverage and feels really light. The price makes it worth trying being 12 dollars vs. mac's 26+ dollars, though i think mac also changed the pricing. it controls oil pretty well and hasn't caused any breakouts, but the coloring does sort of suck. im an nc40 and golden looked like i rubbed turd all over my face and honey, while in the pan looked yellow, pulled pink on my face. still, great product if u find the right shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

I love this foundation! I've used this exclusively for a few years now in both Ivory and Nude. The coverage is teriffic, even when I'm breaking out. The two lightest colors that they offer are great for my super light skin. You can't tell I have foundation on at all. And the price is around $12 I think. I used to use Sephora's powder foundation and I have found that the Mark foundation is just as good for half the price. I only like powder foundation and have tried to find the perfect one for a long time. This is definitely it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by DKelly10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this product at first, but after using it for a while have decided to write an extensive review on both its ups and downs- both of which it has.

This opens up and has a mirror on the other side of the compact, like most do, but if you open up more it comes with a sponge and a small space to store it. I haven't used the sponge so I can't comment on it. This pressed powder foundation is super easy to use- when applied with a kabuki or a flat top brush, I've experienced same results. The coverage can be layered from light to heavy, and it doesn't look cakey when used heavily. It feels nice on the skin and seems to completely blur imperfections. It goes on totally matte with no shimmer and seems to keep my face matte for roughly 3-4 hours depending on weather, humidity, etc.

However, that's where most of the pros end. I got this in the shade buff, which is a yellow-toned pale shade because I am half asian. It looked great at first when I went out the door, but by lunch time one day I checked out my face in the car mirror and was horrified. On me (I have oily, acne prone and clog prone skin) it had oxidized to a yellow-orange color that wasn't able to be blended out. I was really embarrassed and couldn't wait to get home to wash it off. It also looked very cakey in the areas that crease often, such as around my nose and around my smile lines.

So, overall this is a really nice powder foundation with great coverage, but it just is not for me. If you are very fair or very dark I'd say this product will probably work for you, assuming this will be used in hot or warm weather such as when I used it. But if you are any shade in between, I'd steer clear. For this reason I won't repurchase.