September 2, 2014 | 1216 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Baby Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by keldar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. Finally, my troubled skin is calmer, less angry, and soft. Who'd have thought that after years and years of trying every face wash known to man, that an all-in-one baby wash would turn out to be my HG daily facial cleanser? I've tried LITERALLY everything - the usual DS acne cleansers, the fancy DS acne cleansers, 'simple' cleansers, high end brands, Proactiv, all natural cleansers like honey and oatmeal, gentle milky cleansers, gentle gel cleansers, even the oil cleansing method. Some were ok, some were disastrous, some just couldn't quite cover all the requirements I need or give me what I want most: happy, clear skin. FTR I have oily, acne-prone skin with scars and hyper pigmentation from old breakouts. Dove Baby Wash & Shampoo for Sensitive Skin has been the unglamourous answer to my prayers! It's creamy yet lathers well, removes makeup and leaves my skin clean without feeling uncomfortably tight or irritated (I do however use a separate makeup remover if I'm wearing a particularly long-wearing foundation or a lot of eye makeup). At under or around $5 for a huge bottle, it's also a total steal. I will admit the unscented version does smell kind of like glue, but who cares. I will buy this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the Fresh Scent version for my face which is combination/acne prone and it keeps it so soft, acne free and does a good job at removing make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought creamy baby wash on a whim. I have oily skin that dries out very easily with cleaners. I end up with an oily face that is tight and painful. I continue to have mild acne. This stuff is amazing and the price is great too! If it came in a fancy frosted bottle and was sold at a department store, I guarantee people would be raving about it. It takes my makeup and mascara off. It rinses well and has a light scent that faces quickly. No tightness afterwards. It does not cause breakouts. Its the perfect creamy yet light cleanser with the right amount of suds. It also works great with my Olay cleanser brush. I've purchased both the Dove brand and the Wal-Mart generic versions and slightly prefer the scent of the Wal-Mart one.
**EDIT** After years of use and turning THIRTY my oily acne prone skin has turned dry this winter. I've had to switch cleansers, something I am very sad about. If you have oily/normal skin that is not reactive like mine I still highly recommend giving this a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

I usually buy this when it's on sale at Shoppers Drugmart for 2.99. I use this to clean my makeup brushes & have tried many baby shampoos or soap made for babies & this, by far is the best because it moisturizes as well as clean them. I've used this on an old MAC brush which made it slightly like new? I just love how soft this makes my brushes! That's a big plus for me anyways. I highly recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought four different types of baby wash recently when all of them went on sale at my drugstore for $2.99. Two of them were Johnson's, and the other two were the regular Dove and the generic Life Brand Fragrance-Free Dove dupe.

I have gone through the entire bottle of the regular Dove Baby Wash (scented version) and am now starting on my generic dupe of the unscented version. I love these, particularly the unscented one.

It washes my hair without stripping it and leaving it a tangled mess, it's gentle on my body skin, and also on my face (at least the unscented one - I was too scared to try the regular one on my face due to the scent. I'm very sensitive lately.) The Johnson's washes have a stronger scent, which I dislike, and they leave my hair tangled. I also developed a couple of body pimples while using them.

I also love the fact that the Dove baby washes come in a pump bottle. This will continue to be my go-to body wash/hair/face wash shower combo for the foreseeable future. I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

ETA: I finally got tired of the gluey smell of the generic unscented version. After a while, it also seemed as though my body acne (ew, I know) came back and wasn't helped. Still, though, I like the Dove scented version of this, and it makes a really good shampoo/body/face wash combo. Decent stuff, but I think I'm over my baby wash obsession.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This stuff is great but the smell is terrible...I have the sensitive skin version. I am forever on the lookout for something to replace soap, as I have eczema. I use this as a hand wash, facial cleanser (even removes my MAC studio fix concealer which is supposed to be waterproof!), and also as a makeup brush cleaner. Even though this smells like glue and I can barely stand it, it is really making my skin quite gorgeous, and is 100% non-irritating. I'd be scared to try the scented stuff on my extremely sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Kaitlinsmommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started using the fragrance free version of Dove baby wash when I ran out of my normal cleanser. I always have some in the house as I use it on my kids skin & hair at bath time.
I absolutely love it, and am still using it.
It does not aggravate my sensitive acne prone skin at all & removes all my makeup including mascara.
How can you go wrong for the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been using this product for years as my cleanser. I love it. It's gentle, removes my makeup and doesn't dry out my skin or aggravate my acne. I rarely need to follow up with moisturizer because of my face feeling tight and/or dry after using Dove. I use it on both my children and they have the softest skin. It rinses clean and the Fresh Scent one smells just that: fresh and clean. It's not a sexy cleanser by any means, but it comes in a huge pump bottle, is inexpensive and does exactly what I need.