September 2, 2014 | 954 users online

Pressed Powders - Pout - Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the packaging on this - to be honest that's why I bought it. It comes in a peachy container with the Pout lace pattern on it, and looks really cute in my handbag.

The product itself is ok. It is meant to be transluscent but is actually very white, which makes it difficult to blend in. The whiteness is all right for me because I'm very pale, but I wouldn't recommend it for darker skins - it definitely lightens my base a bit when I first put it on. Also it doesn't keep oil at bay for very long. I have to blot twice as often than when I use my usual powder (MAC blot). The little puff it comes with looks really cute because it's got a little ribbon bit on the back, but it isn't very effective - it just seems to waste loads of the product. I use a foam puff from Boots which is much better, but when this is finished I certainly won't be seeking it out again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Spookuur

Just like the other reviewers said, it does look chalky but you have to know how it works, my trick is to use good loose powder (mine is Guerlain Météorites #1) after the Pout Pressed Powder and it won't look chalky anymore. the trick works everytime for me and never lets me down. :-P

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Daphers

Like putting chalk on your face. I bought this in Fair which is really pale, which is reasonable considering the name, except that I also have the foundation in the same shade and that's really quite dark. I applied this as an early morning touch-up and it immediately caked and looked chalky and powdery. Not good at all. Can't speak for its oil-controlling properties as I didn't apply it again. On the plus side, the packaging's pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Skittles5515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product on a whim in Sephora because I thought the compact was so cute. Its very girly and has the same lacy type look that the blush compacts do. It was a great impulse buy tho because it works great! It sucks up my oily t-zone throughout the day and doesnt look chalky at all. The compact is the same size as the blushes and is a pale apricot beigey-pink with the white lace pattern on top. The mirror inside is huge, it takes up the whole lid of the compact. There is a lot of product for the $24.00 price tag. I took off a lipstick token because the puff is a bit flimsy. I carry this with me in my purse all the time, and will definitly buy again when I run out.