August 27, 2014 | 1808 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Kids SPF 50 Continuous Lotion Spray - Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be one of the nastiest sunscreen products I have tried to date. It sprays out like a water gun versus a mist, is super greasy, and sits on the skin feeling uncomfortably oily and sticky. Just so gross and I can't imagine applying this to anybody, especially children.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Our HG is LRP Anthelios Dermo Peds SPF 50 lait but when we need something that's easy to get and/or cheaper, we grab this one. No alcohol or oxybenzone though most websites list both in the ingredients. We've never burned with this even in very strong afternoon sun and we're all really fair (think Irish and Scottish). It's great to take with us wherever we go, so you can just spray your arms/legs/etc. and not have to deal with greasy hands. I wish it didn't have vitamin A in it due to conflicting info about safety but it doesn't worry me enough to quit using it completely. I'm pretty sure a wicked sunburn is more dangerous anyways. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

This stuff is so greasy and oily, I have to keep myself from toweling off the sunscreen. I have also inadvertently maced myself and other people near me in my attempts to apply the spray. It seems to splash everywhere and leave grease marks on whatever fabrics it accidentally hits. At least it behaves like a sunscreen and keeps me from getting burned. But I will NEVER buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The spray mechanism is bad. I thought it would disperse little product evenly, but it sprays a glob. In the end, I sprayed it to my palms and then rubbed it in. I hoped that I would skip the whole rubbing. Also, the control is bad, it's like a jet of sunscreen and not a shower. Maybe I'm just using it wrong. It is fast absorbing... I guess, or maybe it's just gone. Also, there is this banana-y smell that turns nasty after a while. I don't know if it's photostable or not. For the time being, I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should have paid more attention. I bought this because I thought it would go on clear like the other aerosol sunscreens I've tried, but this goes on opaque white. Sort of defeats the purpose. I'm lazy and I buy the spray so I don't have to rub it in. Argh! Well, at least it's waterproof. This was $8.99 at Target.