September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Facial Hair Removal Spring

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Very inexpensive. Works great. I could "ditto" every other review here so far on how great it works, etc. I've tried hair removal creams that leave me irritated. Waxing is too difficult and the hairs need to be too long, IMO. Tweezing takes forever. Removes more than one hair, so much faster than tweezing. I like the idea the other reviewer gave of sitting in front of the TV doing it. ;-) Not near as painful as I thought it would be.

CONS: Takes just a bit of practice to find different techniques, but it really is easy to figure out. One of the plastic handles came off the spring, and I had to put it back on. It occasionally comes off, and i just stick it back on. For three dollars, I'm not really complaining, though.

ALTERNATES: I started off with the very cheap version, about $3 from Amazon. Then went to the one from Bellabe, and I'm loving it. Bellabe is quite a bit more expensive at about $17, but it does work a little better.

APPLICATION TIPS: MUAers told me about this process: first cleanse, then use this for my facial hair removal, then right away, use my Paula's Choice 2% regular strength in the CLEAR line. I thought it would irritate my sensitive skin, but instead, it doesn't AND it prevents the little red bumps that usually come the next day.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Lanikai

This reminds me of a toy bracelet I had when I was a child and it would pinch my skin and hairs. I'm guessing this is the same technique.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by rockinthetoaster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

first off let me say facial hair removal is a constant struggle for me because I have a lot of hair that grows back really fast (south asian genes urrgghh). my skin is also sensitive and acne prone. i normally bleach the hair on my cheeks but i didn't like the blonde hair look so I purchased the spring because the reviews were so good and everyone generally seemed to have good experiences. I know if youre thinking about purchasing the spring then youre probably on here hoping to find all good reviews but oh my god i really hate this spring. I have tried it twice now, and it hurt so much to remove the hair. Plus you have to keep going over the same area over and over again to get all the hair. If those were the only negatives I would have stuck with it because when it comes to hair removal Im willing to go through pain for results. But the worst part was that I got serious irritation on my cheeks the day after and tons of redness and little whiteheads popped up all over my cheeks and made my skin really bumpy. I took the precautions like warming my skin before threading to open up the pores and using a cold washcloth after to calm the skin, and then applied jojoba oil after that. But i still broke out and its taking so long to clear up that i would do ANYTHING to go back in time and return the spring. Bottom line: this might work for you because I know other people have had good experiences but If your skin is anything like mine you'll want to stay as far away from this product as possible!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Ouch!!!! Too painful, grabs at random hair, so not an even touch. Your face maybe irritated after use.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by jackiii18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product really works but I will NEVER use it again and have already returned it because it made me break out so badly! I must have had AT LEAST twenty breakouts on each cheek, plus a handful on my chin. I have never broken out this badly to a product in my life [and I try a LOT of products and am breakout prone]. I struggled with acne bad in high school [I was on two rounds of Accutane] and my skin after using this product resembles my acne at its worst in my teenage years. If you're breakout prone, USE CAUTION. I recommend testing this on a small area of your face so you don't have to go through all of the breakouts and scarring that I did. [Side note: I washed, toned, and moisturized before using this and after using this AND I used a skin purging mask afterwards, so I know I took every step to prevent breakouts. I'm not even sure what about the product caused me to break out--the metal? I don't know]

If you're not breakout prone or you want to take your chances, this product really works!! I really, really wish that my skin didn't react so badly to it because this would be an HG product for me. It removes the hairs flawlessly, and it is so easy! I have a lot of peach fuzz on my face and this got rid of it all. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, so the pain of it didn't really bother me, but above and below the lips can hurt pretty badly, so fair warning.

Overall, this product does what it says it's going to do, but it's not worth the terrible breakout. Also, I think it is a little overpriced for it is. I think I paid about $16 for mine on Amazon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have many dark hairs on my chin since having my son hormone imbalances. I can't wax as it causes rashes and peels skin badly and plucking was taking too long I got the original REM SPRING from Amazon for about $15. The investment for a quality product was worth it. No problems and it works great leaves chin smooth. I can still see some dark spots where the hair hasn't come in yet but it's not bad I wouldn't be able to get it with tweezers anyway. Using for 1-2 years now and the upper lip has fuzz but not bad however it still hurts there so I try quickly. My hair grows fast so to keep up I need to use it about every 2 days. Invest in American made stainless steel over the cheaper ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by fredrica32

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hurts way too much to even know if it works.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by gabbie94

Do not use this!!!

I purchased mine on Ebay for two dollars - so maybe this is reason, but I doubt it because the technique is the same.
I've used this on my upper lip and it doesn't pluck your hair - it just cuts it, just like shaving! this is horrible. Right now I have a gross man-like-after-shaving-mustache. And it also hurts, so what's the point of the pain if doesn't even remove the root?

Worst tool EVER

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by psxjunkie84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the Bellabe for years, it is one of those products in my drawer that I have never thought to review simply because I use it without even thinking about it. I use it about every two weeks to get rid of those pesky lip hairs (I have a lot and they are quite thick), and I use it around my chin and jaw as well. It is a little painful, but I hardly notice because I usually just use it while I am watching tv and am therefore distracted from the pain. The company recommends to get a new one every 6-9 months, but I use mine for much longer and have yet to see any negative side effects. I would, however, happily buy it every six months since it is really that good of a product. Also, make sure to get it from Bellabe--I tried a different brand once and it was much more painful to use. I went back to my Bellabe immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by celina5847

Purchased mine off of Ebay....ordered it from China for only $1.25 w/ free shipping! I'm sure I could of won it auction/bidding style for much less, but seeing as others payed over $14...this was a steal!! I was scared the first time I decided to purchase something coming from China/Ebay..and I was sure there was no way it could really be free shipping. Well, I have purchased A LOT of things from China/ebay over the past 2yrs and I love it!!! None of my items have ever taken more than 7-9days to arrive &only ONE of my items (I payed $0.10 w/ free shipping THATS 10 C_E_N_T_S people) didn't arrive and the seller credited my credit card. It's crazy, I'll shop at Sally's Beauty Supply or stores in the Mall & you'll be amazed as to how many things sold at the stores for 5 10dollars that you can purchase for cents if you order from China. Example: I purchased(auction style) nail art supplies like rhinestones in a wheel shaped package that sale for $4.99+tax at Sallys for only 33cents!! They also had a buy it now option that was 99cents