December 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Eyeliner - Kevyn Aucoin - The Eye Pencil Primatif Basic Black

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by gali

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the Eye Pencil Primatif Basic black by Kevyn Aucoin. It is a pencil that needs to be sharpened, however I usually prefer this kind of pencil to the retractable ones for some reason.
The pigmentetion of this black liner is really nice. I'ts the smoothest pencil I have tried so far. It does not tug or pull at my eyelids at all, which is very important to me. The amount of the pencil is decent, although I'd prefer an even longer pencil, just because I go through black eye pencils so quickly. It is my favorite eye pencil, yet I don't think I would repurchase, as it is so hard to find in my area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeliner, the application is easy. I even used the smudger tip, only because my Chanel #4 was unavailable at that time, and I never use those smudger tips on the end of eyeliners and I have to say either using the smudger or the Chanel #4 the application goes on smooth and it last without smudging or fading. At the end of the day I went back to check the box thinking it may have been waterproof, that's why my eyeliner was'nt smudging even in the humidity but no it is'nt waterproof it's just great eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cocostar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like it. Right out the box, maybe I was overly anxious but the point was sooo sharp, I poked my eye...OUCH! Its coverage was not spectacular or nothing to write home about. Can find the same quality in pencils costing less than half its cost. I am promptly returning, I do love his other products!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by blake421

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this eyeliner on sale for $10, and I'm so happy I didn't pay full price. While I love the dark, dense black color and creamy application I found that it smudged under my eye as the day went on. Now, I use eyeliner everyday and I am not overly liberal with my application, so I can't imagine what it would be like if I used it at night for a more dramatic eye. I just hate smudges during the day, it makes me feel and look ragid, so that's my big complaint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2007 6:36:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down THE best eye pencil I have ever used. It is super creamy and just glides onto the eyes or the inner rims with ease. And even though it is creamy, it lasted all day without smearing or running. The black is a very rich sooty black that makes any color eyes bright and sparkly. The true miracle of this pencil is the smudger on the other end. This smudger doesn't just move the color around or simply just erase the whole line of color (like so many other smudgers on eye pencils) This one actually smudges the color evenly & perfectly to give you that sexy smokey eye look. The brown color is just as great. Awesome find!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by shbea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a disapointment, the only reason i even tried this is bc my prescriptives black pencil was being disconued, so tha MA suggested this, it smears under lashes and wears off pretty quickly.