September 2, 2014 | 948 users online

Brows - Estee Lauder - Automatic Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am gonna go ahead and give this 5 lippies, Which is not something I give freely. The reason however is that as far as eyebrow pencils go, this is amazing! My eyebrows are a constant disaster. I have very light, very sparse eyebrows, I can't leave the house without doing something to them. I've tried them all. All the drug store pencils, all the expensive ones too. Generally if you use pencil it looks exactly like that; eyebrows drawn on. Powders look more natural but they are a way bigger pain. This stuff delivers what I want. Its a pencil that looks like powder when finished. No harsh lines, no looking like they were drawn in with sharpie, it goes on smooth and easy and it looks unbelievably natural. I love it, its my new HG. The price doesn't make me take away a lippie because its estee lauder, of course its expensive, If you want to save money you don't go to the esteemed lauder counter at all! It also comes with a refill and in my opinion its cheaper to finally have something that works instead of buying every single pencil I see in hopes that one will finally work.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by alphagam17

Holy Grail eyebrow pencil. The first product I reach for every morning. Feathers on easily (although it can take some time to get used to; a heavy hand will make it too dark/waxy-looking). I have dark brown hair, and the soft black fills in beautifully. Twists up so doesn't need to be sharpened, and applies softly. I never use the brush, so can't speak to it. Lasts forever; I use it daily and it lasts me a year plus per fill, and it comes with two.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by mellouise

I really like automatic brow pencils as they are so quick and fuss-free. This is my 3rd, after Mac Fling and the Clinique superfine.
As I'm fair, it's a great colour match, and I like that you get a refill, and that the brush on one end is soft and can be replaced. But I'm not overkeen, and I can't wait for my refill to run out (over 1 year & waiting!)
First problem is that it's hard, as others have commented. My brow hairs are sometimes pulled out when I use this, due to waxiness and tugging to get it on my brow. It doesn't last as well as the other 2 - I have to reapply if I go out in the evenings. The nib is noticeably thicker than others, so it's harder to do precise work, I have to smudge over with a finger if the line is too thick. Another little gripe is that when you touch it to your skin it pushes back a bit more before depositing colour, so it makes accuracy harder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Issabel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is perfect, especially if you wear glasses. With other brushes i can;t really brush my brows while wearing glasses, so that brush is a huge plus for me.
The pencil is long lasting! I wore it all summer while going to swim and the colour stayed where it should, so another big plus.
I have no complains about this brow pencil. It's probably the only make up that I am 100% satisfied.
Some are mentioning that is hard to apply - that happens only in the beginning, first 3 times. And it happens if I just apply brow pencil on bare skin. But if I put toner or moisturizer, I have no problem at all with application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by tereesees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the shade "dark brown" in this, even though it's considerably lighter than "soft brown", and is much more neutral in color. This is honestly the best brow pencil i've ever used. the color is PERFECT for pale complected blondes who are sick and tired of every single brow pencil showing up too orange on them. Goes on amazingly smooth (none of that "crayon" texture that you get with most liners) and the angled brush on the other end is perfect for blending. Will definitely buy a refill.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

VERY dry and difficult to apply--I had to dig in so deeply into my eyebrows, the skin turned red! WTH??? From Estee Lauder, I expected better quality. Of course you don't want the pencil to be too soft so it breaks off but come ON. Brutal. Shouldn't have to hurt myself putting on makeup, FFS.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmomma

This does the job and is a basic brow filler. I do think it is overpriced, as I used to use cover girl brow pencil and get pretty much the same exact results. I like that it is refillable, just not sure if the product its worth the price due to the fact that there is nothing really special about it. The product does go on nicely. Someone said it was hard to apply and dry. I don't really agree. I prefer my brow pencils to be more on the dryer side over wet anyway, because that's what keeps it looking more natural. I don't want my brow pencil the same liquid consistency as my eye liner. Then it looks too fake and messy. So, I would recommend if you want a good refillable eyebrow pencil and don't want to deal with sharpening.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by beules

I found this eyebrow pencil too waxy and hard to apply. Didn't got on with it at all and returned to store.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by razzledooda

Love this product! I am a brunette with pale skin and went for the light brown colour (can't remember name, but SA advised me) and I really love it. I have tried several other brands, but this has been the best so far. It's not cheap, but it comes with a refill (so you get 2x for your money), is great quality and lasts for ages so it IS good value for money. I use this for every makeup look as it makes my brows look more defined, slightly bolder but still natural. My brows look great in photos. Even though I use this a lot, I still haven't worn down the 1st pencil. Pretty impressed. It gives a natural but polished look, is easy to use and the brush is very handy. It doesn't need sharpening. Excellent product. Already bought a 2nd pencil (+ refill) from Duty Free. My HG eyebrow pencil. Can't be without it!! It's an essential part of my makeup routine. I feel naked without it. Frames my face and makes me look much more attractive.

ps: it's made in Japan, which I like.

n.b. Shu Uemura also have lovely brow pencils but the downside of these is they need sharpening, so EL wins.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Long-lasting, refillable. Used soft-black. And, results not as natural as some might like.

Brunettes after a more natural result might try Clinique's brow offering in 'brown-black'.