NARS Lipstick in Gipsy, Dolce Vita

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Both Gipsy and Dolce Vita are very natural looking lipsticks, more like tinted lip balms. Dolce Vita is the lipstick I pair with smokey eyes and on my "non make-up" days. Gipsy has a bit more reddish tone and it brightens up my smile when I wear it. The formula does last and it moisturizes lips. It is the first lipstick that does not require heavy lip exfoliating. It has not enhanced any flakes on my lips.

on 12/11/2012 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

Eh. I keep trying to "make it work" (Tim Gunn!). For some reason, this just comes off looking strange and I end up looking pale. I think there is just a hint too much warmth in this red for my skin tone.

Also, L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Plush Plum seems very similar. Not sure if it's a 100% dupe though. Formula is moisturizing too.

on 1/19/2012 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Dolce Vita is definitely an MLBB for me. It is sheer, so I can look natural and not caked-on, yet it adds color and volume to my lips that they would not have on their own. If you think it's too sheer, just add more. It feels like a chapstick, which is great, and has no odor. I am pale, but tan easily and have deep brunette hair (except for when i'm wearing my auburn wig); this lipstick looks good on me no matter what my hair color is or whether i'm currently pale or tan. That's the best part - it's adaptability. I am taking off a single point for its price: $24 for a sheer lipstick is high.

on 10/7/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Interestingly enough, this lipstick does nothing for my asian skintone. I am NC15 and i thought this would be a great lipstick to have on hand when you have no makeup and want to brighten your face. it really didn't do anything for me and actually just blended into my own lip color. there wasn't a really gloss or sheen to it either. i don't think i would buy again.

on 10/3/2009 1:04:00 PM

I bought Nars DolceVita lipstick upon its popularity on the Nars website. Well, the colour is a very natural one and gives some healthy look to your lips. However I would recommend to wear it with the dark eye make up (blak/smokey) or with a tanned skin. Although it is a natural one, it has a little pale look in the colour. So it may make the pale skins look more pale.The texture is smooth and creamy which does not make your lips dry. It almost smells nothing. I love the lipsticks with a taste and smell. It makes me feel like I am wearing something on my lips. Good for everyday use! Instead of a moisturizer you can wear it as a lightner and moisturizer!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am constantly wearing something on my lips. I have to because if I don't I continue to lick my lips which leaves them dry. Anyway, I love, love, love this lipstick. It makes me look polished. I am not allowed to wear makeup because of my work but I continue to do so anyway. Ha Ha!! I'm a rebel. As long as my makeup is not theatrical. I do wear a full face of makeup but this lipstick is awesome. Very expensive though. I purchased an eyeshadow from Nars but it received poor reviews so now i'm going back to Sephora to purchase Gypsy.

on 9/28/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

An excellent lipstick which flatters my asian skintone.
This is one to keep in the car and bag as it suits all types of makeup and looks quite natural so ideal when you need a quick top up and do not have a mirror or a lot of time.

on 3/21/2008 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i dont know about you guys but i love these colors and i could wear them everyday without any other make up product on.....

on 3/7/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was disappointed with this lipstick. All the great reviews I read on other websites made me think this lipstick would be the end all. The texture is very dry...the color is okay..nothing to write home about and drugstore quality at best...I bought it from sephora and am taking it back....not worth the $$ spent.

on 3/5/2008 10:37:00 PM

I just wanted to say that when NARS is good it's VERY good but when NARS is bad, it's VERY bad. I completely agree with what the person below said and would also love to know what's going on!!!! I have only ever noticed the rancid plasticky lippies and dried out shadows from NARS and no other brand....??? Why????

Popular Lipsticks