October 30, 2014 | 1329 users online

Eye Primer - Clinique - Touch Base For Eyes in Canvas Light

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by KatKoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PACKAGE -- It is ok. The compact has a little mirror, which is cute...

STAYING POWER - This works really well for preventing creases.

COLOR - This is super yellow on my and it has way too much glitter. This is not a good product for for fair people with cool undertones (or at least if your as pale as me).

ODOR - No odor that I could smell.

LONGEVITY - This product dried out on my. I tried to add some eye drops to help it loosen up, but it did not work.

OVERALL - I would not buy it or recommend it when there are so many better products for priming the eye.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love Clinique products, but this one is an exception. The formula, which wasn't all that creamy to begin with, began to dry up within a couple of months. I had to really rub the compact hard to get the product, and it was so thick and dry it barely spread over my eyelid, and it would clump up at times which became magnified when I applied color. Also, didn't do much to prevent creasing; my eyeshadow would always start to crease about 4 hours after application. I'm now awaiting UDPP which I ordered online. I love you Clinique, but I will not purchase this one again.

NOTE my touch base didn't have shimmer in it, so it may have been a different color (some kind of nude shade).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by owleyeglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This works great as a stand along shadow for a bit of shimmer and also as a primer for shimmery shadows, especially gold since this is gold... I do have oily lids so it doesn't last as long as would UDPP but it holds up pretty well and is easy to touch up. I would buy this again, but in a different shade I think

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when the store I went to was out of Urban Decay's primer. It was cheaper than UD ($14 instead of $18), and I like it well enough. My shadow lasts until I remove it, which is great. I personally like the shimmer, as it allows me to wear it on its own when I just want a subtle eye-brightening/smoothing effect. For me, the trick is applying a sufficient amount, whether on its own or with shadow. It's a solid enough eyelid primer - not the best, but better than average.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not sure why I bought this when my LORAC eye primer is great, however, it is not a total loss. It is quite shimmery so it's a good primer if you're planning on wearing shimmery shadow, or to wear it alone as a neutral hint of shimmer. The texture is quite dry and hard for a primer, but I actually kinda like that because it makes it easier to apply precisely. It has good staying power and does its job, but I am not sure it's versatile enough for everyday. I wouldn't buy again because I think the pot will last years.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Aonn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as an eye shadow base, not as a stand alone shadow. It seems to hold shadow well and greatly reduce creasing. However, it's got a little glitter in it, which I could live without, and creates a dry, thick look if I blend it up toward the brow bone. The color just vanishes on my skin, which is why I just use it as a base. Where it works well for me is as a light sweep right under my lower lash line and in the outer corner before I put on my liner. My eyeliner always smears here, and this helps keep it in place longer with less smudging throughout the day. This color is a very close match to my skin and isn't noticeable. I do think it makes the skin there look just a bit dry, but it's minor. It doesn't irritate my eyes. It feels smooth and creamy in the pan and applies easily. Although it's a small pan, a little goes a long way. I haven't tried other eye shadow primers so I can't compare this with others. I might try something else before repurchasing this, but I would consider this again, I think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

pretty color but is has little to no staying power... won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by yassystar

This product does keep my eyeshadow on during the day and helps make less pigmented eyeshadows appear brighter.
The down side is that it does dry out in the packaging if it isn't keep closed properly and if you use your fingers to apply it. The best thing to do is get the product out with a cotton tip, put in on the back of your hand and apply it that way. For some reason it tends to dry out if you touch it directly with your fingers in the compact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually thought it would brighten my eyes a lot, I use it as a highlighter but it really does nothing for me...I somewhat like it but I think I will be going back to Mary Kay's Eyesicles in Vanilla.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product only as a base for my eyeshadows, never alone. Although it's good at keeping the eyeshadow colors from fading or creasing, it's very dry. I find that sometimes when I put it on my eyelids, it won't blend in and when it rub it across my eyelids, it gives my eyes an uneven texture. I only bought the product a month ago so its dryness isn't due to the product being old. It just isn't a very creamy blendable base. Overall, it makes an average eye primer. There are definitely better ones out there.