September 20, 2014 | 1838 users online

Eye Primer - Claudia Stevens - Eye Prep Lid Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by mindymadness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing primer. I don't have creasing and it goes on beautifully. I even wear it without a shadow over it. It's thick and really evens out my lids. It's completely matte. Beautiful!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by yasminetyanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is horrible. Every time I put it on, my eyes started to get red. I wasn't sure what was causing the redness & itching at first, so I kept on using this eye primer & my eyes got progressively worse. I tried different eye shadows as I thought this was the problem. My eyes started to swell & get very red & I had to go on antibiotic & steroid eye drops.After my eyes healed I eliminated this Claudia Stevens eye primer.My swelling ,itching & redness never came back.Also this stuff is made in China where they have to test on animals by law. I found this out after I bought the product So that is reason alone never to buy this product.Stay Away!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried USPP and TFSI and they were ok for me, not great just meh. They would help with creasing but not for nearly as long as this little baby. I bought this for under ten dollars at Sally's and it's now my go to eye primer. My skin is super fair but the color of the primer blends out just fine. I don't bother with the applicator, I squeeze out a dab on my finger and it's enough. I will repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lilxcupid101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of torn with this primer. It was the first primer that I've ever tried and it did not work that great for me. I love how the color creates a base for my eyeshadow and how it evens out my skin; however, it doesn't seem to comply with my lids. I have fairly oily lids and this primer would bleed through my eyeshadow making it crease after maybe 1-2 hours. Even though it doesn't work so great for me, this primer works amazingly on my friend. It makes her eye makeup a little brighter and it stays on longer for her. I think that it just doesn't work for me, but it is a great primer, just like the reviews that everyone has been giving.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Edit: something in this triggered my rosacea on my lids. Too bad, it is a very nice primer, I won't rebuy. If you don't have ridiculously sensitive skin, do try it.

Original Review:
This is a very good primer. Actually, it is more like a cream eyeshadow, a lovely skin-toned one that sets/drys and lasts all day. It has not creased on me and I have oily lids. It makes my matte eye shadows look less matte, but in a good way with just a slightly soft focused look.

It can be worn alone and gives my lids a nice even color. I have used this as an under eye concealer too, used lightly it works very well, but moisturize first. It's multipurpose when traveling, and the tube has a secure top. Best part is it is under $5 at Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Valla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't used any other kind of eye shadow primer, so bear that it in mind. But that said, I really like this product.

This stuff really makes my eye shadow last longer. I wear contacts, and any time I would use eye drops (without having used this base) my eye shadow would be basically gone after. Not so when using this product.

I don't really like or mind the packaging. I apply it with my fingertips, not the applicator.

I'm rather pale, so this is a bit darker than my eyelids, but that doesn't matter, since I always use it under shadow anyway.

I bought mine at Sally Beauty Supply, and it is cheap, around $5.

This is a product I now use everyday. I have one for my travel makeup bag, and one for home.

Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My issue is hiding very dark lids, having my ES last longer is secondary. When I first saw this, I was sure it was going to be too dark, as it comes in only one color and looks at least 2 or 3 shades darker than my normal foundation or concealer--but I figured for $2.99 it was worth a try. Great product! I don't use the doefoot applicator, I squeeze out a drop on one finger for both eyes, but that's no big deal. Despite how dark in looks in the tube, it does have a lightening/brightening effect with absolutely no shine or glitter--completely matte. I have tried every ES base out there, this is one of the best--and so inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product has a natural, flesh toned color to it. It doesn't go on white or shimmery at all. It does have a slightly thicker consistency to it than UDPP. However, even though the consistency is different, I have found it to work exactly the same as UDPP. .

At only $4.99, this product is truly a great bargain! Whenever I put this one underneath my eyeshadow, it allows for it to stay creaseless and fresh looking all day! Also, it doesn't irritate or dry out my eyes or eye lids. And, one tube of this stuff really does last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the Claudia Stevens Face Primer that you can purchase at Sally Beauty Supply so for $4.99, I figured I would also give the eye primer a try. It took me a couple of tries to figure out that you literally need to use a very tiny amount for each eye. The formulation of this primer is quite thick and if you apply too much, it becomes cakey and difficult to work with. However, when applied correctly, it provides a uniform, smooth, matte base for any eyeshadow. I have used this primer with both DS and HE shadows and always get the same result - no creasing, no fading and no oily eyelids. This is another one of those products where you really get your "bang for a buck". You get 0.39 oz. for $4.99 and because you have to use so little, one tube should last for quite awhile. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkhart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. Its such a great match for my eyelids. I like the consistency. A little goes a long way with this. I can't really compare this to any other product bcs this is the first eye primer that I've bought. This makes all my e/s last a whole lot more and makes the color more vivid ( I don't know if that makes sense).I've been playing around with this product and I've actually found more uses for this than just eye lid primer. First of all, I have really pigmented lips and I find that if I apply some lip balm and just a tad bit of this product and work it in, it really helps to nuetralize my natural color. It also works great to cover up any small blemishes that I may have. And last but not least, I find that mixed with a bit of my TM it makes a great under eye concealer. Not bad for less that $10 @ Sally's. The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the fuzzy applicator. Not the most hygenic thing. Either way I just put the product on my finger and then proceed. Would definitely repurchase this again. Fuzzy applicator and all....