Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Gunmetal

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Its a sparklier, brighter version of Uzi.
Which just doesnt suit me, but would look great on other eye colours.
Formula holds up nicely though, may give it away.
Would not repurchase.

on 10/2/2013 1:31:00 PM

I bought my first pencil of Gunmetal three years ago. I recently went into Sephora to buy another one for backup when I realized it was no longer available. It seems that UD has gone and discontinued this liner, which breaks my heart a little because it was such a perfect shade of silvery-grey.

While I still have at least half a pencil left, if I ever see it for sale somewhere else (like eBay) I am snaching up as many of these pencils as I can. Unless I find an IDENTICAL dupe. Otherwise, I am carefully guarding the last pencil I have left of this stuff.

on 12/20/2012 12:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is my favorite gray eye liner. I like this better than MAC's Gray Utility. It makes my gray-blue eyes stand out without overpowering them with too much darkness. It is a very soft shade of gray, and works well for daytime wear that is not a black or brown. Perfect.

on 10/13/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros: great color, not too silver or metallic, the glitter stays put in this formula, unlike glitter shadow from UD.

Cons: needs layering to use this as an eyeshadow and that is what I use it for, creases if you use too much, and I would prefer a fatter pencil - especially since it's 20.00. This is not that pigmented which is not a problem I usually have ith UD products and because of the amount I need to use I can see myself using it up quickly.

Edit: found a spot on dupe for this but better. Check out your Seohora clearance section, the Hello Kitty glittercute pencil in Telephone is only 5.00 right now and it's a fatter more pigmented version of the Urban Decay one. I'm out of the UD so I can't swatch them side by side but it looks the same to me, only more pigmented which was my problem in the first place.

on 4/17/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really want to love this liner. It has pretty good staying power on my super-oily skin. Unfortunately, this (and some other long-lasting eyeshadows and primers) makes my eyes sting and water. I'll be returning it. :-(

The color is a nice, dark gray on my fair skin and goes on smoothly.

on 10/29/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this pencil..I am on my 4th or 5th and I always make sure 'i have one in stock. I use this practically every day in some form, whether it be under my eyes, on my lids or both, this is an essential part of my makeup kit. It doesn't come up blue on me as some reviewers have mentioned. To me it is just a sparkly, sexy silver and i love it. I used to buy it from Boots, which was really convenient as it was sold in my local store, but for some reason UD is no longer stocked in Boots, so I now get it from Debenhams....this is nothing to do with the product and doesn't make me love it any less...just a bit annoying as no more Boots points!! :)

on 9/26/2011 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The 24/7 eyeliners smudge on my oily skin (although a lot less than other eyeliners), so I only wear then over powder eyeshadow, or I put UDPP all over my bottom lid and I wear them as an eyeshadow. Gunmetal is *awesome* as an eyeshadow. I don't feel it is blue-ish at all, but then again my skin is warm-toned, so maybe that cancels it out. It just looks like grey-ish sparkly sexiness, great for the rock chick look.

on 8/31/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a silver/grey eyeliner...thinking gunmetal would be perfect. It was too blue for my liking, so I returned it.

on 5/23/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this liner. It's a dark bluish/grey w/ a metallic sheen. It really compliments my blue/green eyes. Lasting power is good. It doesn't smudge. (not on me.. but I have dry skin.. so may not be the same for oily lids) Goes on really smooth. Doesn't irritate my eyes.

on 3/31/2011 11:48:00 AM

I used to love it until they changed the formula :(

But the new glide on shadow pencil in Mercury is almost the exact same color with a very smooth, long-lasting formula if anybody else is looking for a dupe.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products