Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

3.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (skin-conditioning agent), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Butylene Glycol (water-binding agent), Dimethicone (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate (water-binding agent), Squalane (emollient), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 (gel-based thickener), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Cholesterol (skin-conditioning agent), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract (antioxidants), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (suspending agent), Glycerin (water-binding agent), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium PCA, Phytosphingosine (water-binding agents), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (thickener), Cetyl Alcohol (emollient), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Laureth-23 (solubolizing agent), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid (preservatives).

on 4/16/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This lotion is lightweight for sure, and non irritating, but holy hell, you want to talk about cystic acne?
I don't know if one or two deep, cystic like pimples is acne at all. All I know is this lotion,which seemed great at first; caused three deep, very painful pimples with that hard "seed" in the Center that needs extraction before the pimple will heal.
I stopped using it after the first one or two and went back to impruv. It's getting warmer out so that can't be a solution. I tried the Hydralight again. And now I have a cystic like lesion that is sore, blind and ugly on my forehead.
I don't eat wheat and dairy, rarely eggs or meat. These kinds of break outs even with my sugar problem (yes I'm a sugar addict) never occur.
This lotion revealed itself as not very hydrating after a few weeks use-in fact the opposite. My skin became dehydrated, red and I started to get the perioral dermatitis Id just gotten rid of.
Everything I've sampled from Paula's choice has been just awful.

on 4/6/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don't use if you have sensitive skin. The only reason I didn't give it 1 star was because it moisturizes and controls oil really well. It gave me red little bumps on my cheek bones and forehead... Weirdddd

on 3/25/2015 6:43:00 PM

I really like this. My face looks fresh and rosy in the morning when I use this before bed. No milia, no eye lines and nice glow. This might be a little light for the dead of winter, but I love it the rest of the time.

My favourite moisturizer of all time. I honestly dont know what this product does only that my skin looks better than it ever has. I just love it. There is nothing else to say but the fact that it has been the only thing keeping my skin in shape. I highly recommend, it smells like tropical fruit punch or something. As per the formula it contains so many great ingredients. Really great skin cream!

on 12/21/2014 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample packet of this in a swap. While it did make my dry face feel a tad smoother I wasn't impressed. I do appreciate getting it to try out. You never know if something will work for you or not, and sadly this didn't work for me.

on 11/25/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am amazed how much hydration this lotion gives me. Maybe it is because I have started using serums in addition to moisturizer, but I no longer need to use moisturizers for dry skin - at least this product combined with serum provides enough moisture to keeps my skin happy plump and smooth.

on 11/6/2014 5:44:00 PM

Sadly, this caused breakouts, a flare-up of rosacea papules (but not redness). And since it has a ton of ingredients, it is difficult to figure out what was causing the problem. But certainly for my rosacea-prone skin, it did not prove non-irritating, despite the claims of clinical testing. Goes to show that every skin is different, something that Paula's rather holier-than-thou reviews don't seem to grasp.

on 10/24/2014 12:24:00 AM

Finally!!!!!!! After searching high and low, I have found a lightweight oil free moisturizer that doesn't make break me out!
I have struggled for around 5 years now with crazy peri menopausal skin issues. It has been an ordeal for me, and the only positive thing that I can say has come out of it would be that I basically have an honorary PHD in skincare.... And!! good skin too:)
I follow Paula's advice religiously ---and also that of my acne guru (dan kern of acne.org)
I have read and read and read about skin care products and ingredients..... and after some consideration and prayer:) I decided to try one of Paula's moisturizers. I actually was on the fence about which one to try so I called her 800 number and asked for advice and was advised to try this for sensitive oily combo skin...(now keep in mind that I feel I'm pretty dry on my chin area, but I also can break out at the drop of a hat) With that info, the awesome customer service rep suggested I try this one, but sent me samples of the other two I was on the fence about...free!!
I have used this now for over a year and have had no breakouts whatsoever from it. What I have seen is dramatically improved skin ...its amazing stuff, very, very light and calms redness. I use it all over even up under my eyes, and down onto my neck and chest. It feels so incredibly refreshing and light.
If you are acne prone and struggling to find a lightweight moisturizer, I urge you to give this one a shot.
Paula's choice has excellent customer service, so if you are not happy, they will take it back.
***Most important note!!
If you read the reviews, there are several complaints about the smell.
I will attest to the fact that indeed there is a smell of cucumber to this. My samples smelled kind of bad actually, but the results were so astounding and immediate that I decided it was worth it...
I am so glad I did because my regular size product really doesn't smell bad at all, it seems to smell cucumbery and fresh..
This is chock full of fantastic ingredients, as are all of her products.

on 8/6/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was a miss for me. I didn't like the texture, and as others have pointed out, the smell leaves much to be desired! I ended up going with the Skin Balancing Moisture Gel, which is much better for my skin.

on 7/25/2014 3:39:00 PM

Felt cheap and did nothing for my skin. I really love her products and stance on research, but this product isn't as good as her others.