Paula's Choice Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

3.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (skin-conditioning agent), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Butylene Glycol (water-binding agent), Dimethicone (silicone/skin-conditioning agent), Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate (water-binding agent), Squalane (emollient), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 (gel-based thickener), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Cholesterol (skin-conditioning agent), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract (antioxidants), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (suspending agent), Glycerin (water-binding agent), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Sodium PCA, Phytosphingosine (water-binding agents), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (thickener), Cetyl Alcohol (emollient), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Laureth-23 (solubolizing agent), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid (preservatives).

on 6/20/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This left my skin a little red and left my chin with some breakouts but I loved the light hydration. I think it is better suited to normal slightly combo skin though since there is a sheen to my skin after a couple of hours. Just can't deal with the after effects. Smells lightly like cucumbers. I still give it a 4 because my skin is really sensitive.

on 6/20/2015 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I have sensitive, acne-prone combination/oily skin with congestion and redness. Hydralight was the first PC range I tried, as it seemed most suitable for my concerns. Sadly, none of the products really suited my skin. The Moisture-Infusing Lotion feels pretty good when applied, sinks in nicely and feels calming and moisturizing. It does have a sour-ish cucumber scent, but I don't find it that bad. The problems for me are that the lotion breaks me out, leaves me with more redness in the long run, and although matte right after application, it becomes a shiny film in an hour or two. I don't know if it clogs my pores or if the break-outs are just due to irritation, but either way it's not something I can take. I don't think this is a terrible product, since I know many people who love it, but I do think PC should reformulate this. Having read several similar reviews, I don't think this is as safe for skin prone to irritation, redness and congestion as it's supposed to be.

on 6/19/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

other then good spf 30 all she does is either meh or gives me acne
this one gave me acne. made my skin red and iritated. the only good thing it.s not very expensive

on 6/15/2015 11:38:00 AM

This lotion was alright. It didn't break me out, but it was too light for me. Perfect if you just need a little moisture.

If you are interested in trying Paula's Choice, here is a referral code for 10 dollars off your first purchase!

on 4/16/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This lotion is lightweight for sure, and non irritating, but holy hell, you want to talk about cystic acne?
I don't know if one or two deep, cystic like pimples is acne at all. All I know is this lotion,which seemed great at first; caused three deep, very painful pimples with that hard "seed" in the Center that needs extraction before the pimple will heal.
I stopped using it after the first one or two and went back to impruv. It's getting warmer out so that can't be a solution. I tried the Hydralight again. And now I have a cystic like lesion that is sore, blind and ugly on my forehead.
I don't eat wheat and dairy, rarely eggs or meat. These kinds of break outs even with my sugar problem (yes I'm a sugar addict) never occur.
This lotion revealed itself as not very hydrating after a few weeks use-in fact the opposite. My skin became dehydrated, red and I started to get the perioral dermatitis Id just gotten rid of.
Everything I've sampled from Paula's choice has been just awful.

on 4/6/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don't use if you have sensitive skin. The only reason I didn't give it 1 star was because it moisturizes and controls oil really well. It gave me red little bumps on my cheek bones and forehead... Weirdddd

on 3/25/2015 6:43:00 PM

I really like this. My face looks fresh and rosy in the morning when I use this before bed. No milia, no eye lines and nice glow. This might be a little light for the dead of winter, but I love it the rest of the time.

My favourite moisturizer of all time. I honestly dont know what this product does only that my skin looks better than it ever has. I just love it. There is nothing else to say but the fact that it has been the only thing keeping my skin in shape. I highly recommend, it smells like tropical fruit punch or something. As per the formula it contains so many great ingredients. Really great skin cream!

on 12/21/2014 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample packet of this in a swap. While it did make my dry face feel a tad smoother I wasn't impressed. I do appreciate getting it to try out. You never know if something will work for you or not, and sadly this didn't work for me.

on 11/25/2014 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am amazed how much hydration this lotion gives me. Maybe it is because I have started using serums in addition to moisturizer, but I no longer need to use moisturizers for dry skin - at least this product combined with serum provides enough moisture to keeps my skin happy plump and smooth.