July 29, 2014 | 1943 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Beauty Powder in Peaceful

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by cheer992

first of all, packaging(tiger print) is soo cute. long after this great beauty powder is long gone, i'll be carrying this around with whatever other product i've crushed to put in here-- it really is that cute.
the powder itself is beautiful. i am very pale, and blushes easily can look garish or feverish on me, but this powder is a very sweet subtle peach. i love it. it requires so little in terms of application, no buffing or working with it, no special brush, just throw it on and it looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by llyangel

Not only my favourite beauty powder but one of my favourite make up items ever. I love the packaging, i'm a huge fan of animal prints and this tiger print is just gorgeous. The powder is a peachy tan and I use this like a bronzer over my cheeks, nose, forehead, chin, jawline and neck. It's matte but luminous, my skin looks glowing but with no shimmer thankfully and it definitely does not highlight pores like MSF's can. I sometime use this just as a blusher too and I love it. I wish mac would re-release this exact product packaging and all as it makes me sad to know I only have one and won't be able to replace it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Aerislanne

This went missing for a while, and oh how I missed it. I own 3 other beauty powders, but this is the one I reach for the most. (Actually, the other three get completely ignored in favor of this. Maybe I should swap 'em.) It's a very subtle, peachy-tan shade - I think the closest comparison I could think of would be a really sheer studiofix compact in NW35. The depth of the shade is ever so slightly darker than my skintone, but doesn't look muddy. It's not a bronzer, but it warms up the complexion. I find it useful for whenever I get little sleep and am looking pale. Unfortunately, this was limited edition. I will really miss it when it's gone -- not to mention that I LOVE the tiger-striped compact. I'm told that NARS' Madly is very similar, so I'll have to check that out when I finish this off.

I am just crazy enough about this that if Madly turns out to be the same, I will crush it up and repress into this compact. Totally serious. I wish MAC would re-release this!

For reference, I'm light-medium Asian, NC30/35 in Studiofix powder; NC25 in StudioFix fluid, black hair, brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by claudiambdmelo

I heard once that this is an useless product.
I disagree.
It's a great powder, that gives you a flawless skin, with a plus - due to the color and the tiny sparkles on it.

Perfect to retouch, use over a light coverage foundaion or when you are in a hurry. Only use the BP and the work is done.

And the package is gorgeous!
Would repurchase, if it's not LE.

**NC 40, oily skin, dark hair and eyes.**

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 4:24:00 PM More reviews by monalisa_07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very interesting product from the Raquel Welch collection, I believe. My first beauty powder (You gotta love MAC'S imaginative names!). So, on my NC40 Asian Indian skin, this shows up as a pressed powder -but with a kick.
I use this usually in the evening before heading out after a work day and look like I redid my entire makeup.
I love the tiger-stripe mirrored compact. Considering purchasing a backup since this is LE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this beauty powder. It's my first and I find it's a great finish, setting powder. I use it after bronzer, blush and everything else and just buff it in with my Smashbox #1. It is bronzey on me with a VERY slight peach tone but not so much as you'd think I put blush all over my face. Just warm and glowy. I do not detect any sparkle or overt shimmer. This does not accentuate my already scary pores. On days when my neck is not so tan, this works as my bronzer. Gorgeous shade and such a soft lovely powder. I'd be upset it's LE but my guess is it's gonna last me a while and I'll find another one I like in the meantime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by beechezz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this beauty powder. I must admit I have not really worn any type of powder lately because I have been afraid too since becoming hormonally acne-prone. I have been wearing this for a few weeks and no sign of acne due to this powder. I am a FFF and this just warms up my skin w/a peachy glow. It looks as though my skin is airbrushed (I apply all over like a bronzer). It doesn't show up orangey like some have said, just a nice healthy look on me. Too bad it's a LE, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mollyv6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this and Yogamode and while I do use Yogamode more often, I think once summer gets closer I will be using this like crazy. I am a NC 25 and this is a great light peachy bronzer color on me. Most of MACs traditional bronzers are too dark on me and look fake, but this is great on cheeks, nose and forehead for some additional color. This has a very slight shimmer and the tiger print packaging is adorable. Would repurchase but I doubt I'll ever use it up b/c I have so much makeup already:).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

Coloring: asain mac nc25-30

I thought the icon beauty powders looked so dull and boring, but i got this out of an impulse buy. I got it over yoga mode b/c I already have a bajillion highlighters/illuminators/etc. At any rate, this gives me a very subtle natural bronzey glow. I still need to put a little blush on the apples of my cheeks though for a pop of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am diggin' the HELL outta this product! I am c40 and have this tan "factory-installed" (meaning I am naturally light brown). This product is strange.It's matte. But yet I'm a little... glowy.Yeah, I like this. I dust it over after I apply all my face stuff. It's very compatible with all the other products I use, and I noticed it tied everything together very well. Not cakey at all. Over this I popped on some more blush, Milani's Luminous and everything just melded together very well indeed. Sure, it says it's matte, and it does cut down the shine. However, everything's so... I dunno, airbrushed looking? That it's very, very flattering. I am 32, and so getting the right balance between matte and glowy means the difference between looking 27 and looking 37. Know what I mean? This is a GREAT product for this "special time in a woman's life" when the curtains of youth are being drawn but not pulled over the window, yet. Totally fits the bill. GREAT color. Superlative. continued >>