December 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Sunscreen - Garnier - Garnier Ambre Solaire Clear Protect 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I love this sunscreen! It is a clear sunscreen, which is great because it doesn't stain your clothes and it comes in a spray bottle making it super easy to apply. On top of that it is water resistant!!!

I have nothing bad to say about this sunscreen. It's a little sticky but so are most sunscreens and I don't really mind. It also comes in a variety of different SPFs (SPF10 - SPF50)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I like how quickly this absorbs and that it doesn't leave an oily feeling on my skin but I really hate the scent, it smells like bug repellent to me. It's also hard to tell where it has already been applied because it dries so fast. People with oily skin might enjoy it but mine is dry so the fact that it doesn't leave me oily(er) doesn't matter that much to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by theotherphaeton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore Clear Protect. As a lily white redhead who burns to a crisp by so much as looking at the sun, it's essential. I have a bottle at work, and one at home, and have even bought them when I've been caught on the hop during surprise Autumn sunny days. Part of the reason I love it so much is that it's not a faff to use, which makes me far more likely to apply it as often as I need to. No marks, no residue, no fuss. I usually get the SPF50 one simply because my skin really is positively vampiric, but the 30 will do for work.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by vinefit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this sun protection for years now, I think it is my 7th bottles this year. I use it every single summer day. Its light, transparent & easy to use. Its photostable, mean, you don't have to reapply if you're not swimming as the sun protection won't rub off easily compare to the traditional sunscreen.

Make sure you shake well before use & it do not recommended to use on the face. I like it due to Mexoryl XL, patented by L'Oreal. By now, you know L'Oreal own Garnier, Lancome, Biothem, Skinceuticals & many more. Mexoryl SX & XL are scientifically proven to protect against UVA & UVB & independent test result shown they work better compare to other brands like Boots & even Coppertone.

For the price & easy available, make it a 5 stars sun protection for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by frutuoso0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the fact that is clear but I can't tell if it's a good product because I never got a sun burn in my life.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a clear sunscreen, which is nice as you don't have to rub to get the white away. It protects well, and is easy to apply. However, re-application is really difficoult as it "rolls", the first layer rolls off, and it looks awfull. And it stinks. Also, it destroys my nail-polish, it dissolvs the top-layer:(. But it's so cheap I have to give it 2 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by MrSark

I've been using this sunscreen for the past 2 summers. I love how it goes on without very much stickiness or oil slicks. I don't mind the smell but I wish it was a higher SPF than 30. I would never use it on my face as it does contain a ton of alcohol. It's a very good overall body sunscreen in my opinion. Cheap and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by CloClo

I have used the spray version of this for a couple of years, and I love it.

I do use it on my face, and it doesn't dry it. BTW, this year it doesn't say "do not use on your face" and the smell was better, so I think they've changed it slightly.

The biggest problem is that once there is less than 1/3 left, it gets very hard to spray.

Its not sticky or greasy, there's a small amount of shine, but it just makes my skin look radiant and healthy. It also makes my thighs look a little smoother!

I have never ever burnt using this suncream, even after only applying once a day in 58C heat.

However, recently found the gel version (not the spray) for 1 a bottle BOGOF in boots. So basically got 4 bottles for 50p each (bought every last one in the shop). And because this is in a squeezy bottle, there's no problem with getting the last little bits out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by BabyJellyy

Love this.. seriously DO NOT USE ON YOUR FACE. Anyway this is great for the body, it does leave a shine on you which to me is welcome in the sun, it feels a little sticky when you put it on but settles in well. It does have a powerful smell but your not supposed to sniff the stuff, when spraying out on the beach you wont even notice it the smell goes away as soon as it settles in my past experience all clear sunscreens have a smell the one i have last year was intolerable and sticky and oily this is such an upgrade i applaud them. All in all this is a god send for people with dark skin no white marks or purpleness yayyyy!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the clear protect range. It does contain alcohol and for that reason it states not to use on face. I did use it on a week's holiday to Spain recently and I did not have any red patches so it is very effective, extremley easy to apply, does not give you that coated feeling, sinks in super quick and is often half price, BOGOF etc. My husband hates suntan lotions but loves this one because it is not sticky and sinks in fast and now uses it regularily. (BTW - I did use it on my face and despite having sensitive skin I had no reactions to it - just protected skin that went a lovely golden colour.)