MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

3.6

Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Hexylene Glycol, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Chloride, PEG-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/14/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this product a lot and I've been using it for roughly a year. If you're looking for a remover that doesn't take hours to get off your eye makeup leaving you with irritated under eyes, then this is the one for you.

PROS
-Removes eye makeup really well
-I've never broken out from this
-Doesn't irritate eyes
-Doesn't smell bad

CONS
-lid can be quite difficult to get off
-quite pricey

on 7/8/2014 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

At the risk of embarrassing myself...I will not be buying this product again simply due to the packaging. It has a child proof top that I have so much trouble getting into! Have to attempt to push and twist until the palm of my hand hurts...Its too much of a hassle. Maybe I bought a faulty bottle or something.

on 11/3/2013 11:48:00 AM

I had mine for a while but only used it once, and it did a pretty good job. The reason why I am writing this review is because I CANNOT GET THE LID OFF TO USE IT. I have been trying for about thirty minutes to get the lid off to use it. My hands are red and burning from trying to get the fucking thing off of the bottle! I understand the not wanting it to be easily opened where it is a liquid and can get everywhere, but holy shit. I'm about to throw it against my wall if I cannot get the lid off! Horrible packaging!

This is what I would consider a holy grail item. I've tried many makeup removers and I still come back to this as my favorite. It is very gentle on my eyelids & eyes because I do have very sensitive skin especially around my eyelid area. In the past I've used removers that caused a rash or made my eyelids red after removing my makeup. That being said, I need a product that does not require much rubbing in order to remove my makeup and this does exactly that. A few drops on a cotton pad is enough to remove one eye. And my favorite part about this product is that it does not require much rubbing. I just have to put a little pressure on my eyelid and wipe it off in swiping motions.

I love the sleek packaging and the fact that the opening has a stopper so not too much product comes out at once. Only complain would be the price. For $20 a pop I go through a bottle in about 2-3 months given that I don't wear makeup everyday. That's alot to pay on makeup remover.

But so far, I haven't found a cheaper replacement so I will continue to repurchase.

on 8/6/2012 11:14:00 PM

This product I thought was good until I tried something else.... because it was MAC. This product doesn't work that good at all, you have to rub so hard to get the mascara off, leaves you red, and probably causes trauma over time for wrinkles. this also burns my eyes a little and cause a small rash in the outta corners of my eyes. No good and not worth the money. too oily also. I love Sonia remover and lumene way better. don't but this.

on 7/9/2012 10:50:00 PM

I actually don't find this product remove my eye makeup that well. It only get 60% of the waterproof mascara off. Not a happy camper. I posted some pics of the product here: http://mimikaayu.blogspot.ca/2012/07/review-mac-gently-off-eye-and-lip.html

on 3/15/2012 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Totally overpriced, BUT it was the only thing that could wipe off my waterproof liquid eyeliner. It takes some time to take mascara off.. but it does remove it eventually. The packaging is very sleek, and pink is pretty :)

on 3/3/2012 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The lancome eye makeup remover is so much better even though its a little bit more expensive. This one is ok however it stings if you get it into your eyes and it takes alot more product to get the same makeup off!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Worked 1 billion times better than Quo. This MAC remover is so quick, I'm out of the bathroom in no time.

on 11/28/2011 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Way too overpriced for makeup remover, but I love bright red lipstick and this stuff removes all traces of lipstick better, faster and easier than anything I've used before. I would never use this on my eyes/face because there's so much oil in it. I only use this to take off lipstick, so I figure it will last me a long time which the only reason I'm willing to pay the high price for it. Victoria's Secret also makes an equally amazing makeup remover that is less expensive and gives you more product. That would a good alternative to this if you can find it (it always seems to sell out quickly).

VS Pro Clean FX Instant Makeup Remover: $13 for 4 oz.
MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover: $19 for 3.4 oz.