Jason Natural Cosmetics Red Elements Red Clay Masque

3.6

Not tested on animals

Decent mask, but really nothing special. It's not drying enough to really pull out impurities/help w/ acne, yet not moisturizing enough for dry skin. Doesn't exfoliate, doesn't really do much. I will finish up my tube, but not repurchasing this.

on 8/8/2009 9:55:00 PM

This does its job. Don't use the day before a big event like I did because the day after using this all your impurities come to the surface and you don't want it on an important day. Start using it about a week before a big event. EXCELLENT MASK!!!

After I quit this regimen and went on acne.org regimen, I found out how bad this mask really was!

on 9/10/2008 5:21:00 PM

great cheap alternative to Dermalogica's clay mask. it's not too drying for me (but i have oily skin) and leave my skin feeling VERY soft. I use it after a good chemical exfoliation and steam...it stingels only very slightly...but goes away after a few moments.

now i have been taught a lesson that never to use products that few others have used. this stung my face and it was red after for a few hours.

on 6/22/2008 5:08:00 PM

Great all natural mask to compliment a beauty routine! I was at Whole Body (Whole Foods' Lifestyle Store) and decided I needed a mask to replace my beloved Kiehl's Rare Earth Clay Masque. For $11 I decided to foray into the world of Jason natural products.

Most masks that contain clay over dry my combination skin. I found that while this mask does remove impurities, it was not the most drying mask I have ever used. On the upside, the mask also did not burn when applied to my freshly steamed and washed face.

I normally use the mask on Sundays, after a steam bath and facial exfoliation. I wash my face with Desert Essence Sunflower Cleanser, pat dry, then apply the Jason mask. It gets left on for about 10 minutes and washed off. I follow it with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream for the finishing touch. My skin is clear and looks better than a visit to the esthetician.

continued >>

on 5/29/2008 4:45:00 PM

Cleanses out pores well, more suitable for oily/combo skin, a tad bit drying but a good moisture afterwards and you should be fine. not a miracle but a pretty decent product, can definetely feel some smoothness after using it

on 1/18/2007 6:08:00 PM

Decent mask. It balances out my combination, temperamental oily-normal-with-dry-patches skin and refines pores. It seems to be a tad drying, so I think it might be better for the summer months, when my skin doesn't feel like it's stretched over a drum...
UPDATE: Even during ths summer, my skin got so dry and irritated after using this. It was just too astringent, so I swapped it away...I love the philosophy of this company though, and really wish this mask had worked for me.

Popular Masks